The Rapture

Wow, I always took it to mean he'd be taking the Dems to heaven and leaving the Reps behind.
Did you know the people who deny global warming the most are Christians? They believe the rapture is coming and the Bible never warned about global warming so it is no concern to them.

Christian defenders say Christianity is good for people and there are no negatives to it but this is a good example of how religion makes people stupid. The same people also deny evolution

The bible does talk about global warming.

I want to hear Christians who don’t believe the rapture discuss with the ones that do
Well before you can rapture your azz up into the sky you better have worked your azz doing a few of the things on the list in Matthew Chap 25.

Working with the homeless is one of the ways that would accomplish most of these.

I have a friend who is in jail due to pedophilia. I will probably go visit him just to check off this box.
We went to feed the homeless at Xmas. Do you know who got the volunteers and homeless talking? Me. I start talking to the black guys next thing their trying to teach the kids how to play tonk.

My buddy went to jail for sexual deviant stuff. I told him sorry I can’t be seen with a known sex offender. He needs to move. Haven’t seen him in years even though he’s still living with his parents local. What will you say to him?
I found a homeless man asleep on a park bench 2 nights ago. I woke him and told him the park is closed and he cannot sleep or even sit there. I asked him why he did not have any camping gear like the other homeless here? All he had was his jacket over street clothes. It was a colder than usual night dropping below freezing.

He said he had just been evicted.

So I gave him a blanket and told him to curl up under a tree.

I usually carry about 3 to 5 blankets rolled up in my vehicle for situations just like this. U-Haul blankets are the cheapest at about $1 to $2 each and they work well enough.

This happens a lot. I see it often.

"... naked and ye clothed me ...".

Matthew Chapter 25 is hard to avoid if you take Jesus and his philosophy of philanthropy seriously.
I get all bundled up and go hunting and still I freeze. They must suffer. Bless your heart
The coldest that I have ever been is in the forest under a tree in the rain all night long with only a poncho over me trying to keep my M-14 dry.

I don't feel too sorry for anyone who is wet or cold since I have been there and done that for Uncle Sam.

But I don't want anyone to freeze to death on my watch during my shift so I pass out U-Haul blankets when I need to ... also chocolate bars.

"... hungry and you gave me meat ...".

Wow, I always took it to mean he'd be taking the Dems to heaven and leaving the Reps behind.
Did you know the people who deny global warming the most are Christians? They believe the rapture is coming and the Bible never warned about global warming so it is no concern to them.

Christian defenders say Christianity is good for people and there are no negatives to it but this is a good example of how religion makes people stupid. The same people also deny evolution

Then why do so many Christians deny it?

So the Bible talks about how the industrial complex of China Europe Middle East México and USA is rising the temperature? Show me

I get all bundled up and go hunting and still I freeze. They must suffer. Bless your heart
Cross country skiing, especially late in the afternoon, is when I get the coldest.

Even though I have several layers on, top and bottom and in the middle.

If you want to take the Bible (here having the meaning of the Hebrew Tenakh and the Greek New Testament) seriously, THEN you really need to learn ancient Hebrew and ancient Greek first.

Cross country skiing, especially late in the afternoon, is when I get the coldest.

I’ll go out in my tree stand at 4am and fall asleep. By 7am I’m praying for the sun to bring the temp up ten degrees. For the wind to die down. I need a one piece long john thermal underwear

If you want to take the Bible (here having the meaning of the Hebrew Tenakh and the Greek New Testament) seriously, THEN you really need to learn ancient Hebrew and ancient Greek first.
And the Bible vaguely talks about a lot of things including the weather but I can’t believe the Bible foretold the story of greenhouse gas and carbon emissions from gas propelled chariot

So the Bible talks about how the industrial complex of China Europe Middle East México and USA is rising the temperature? Show me

They don't deny it. They think it's natural not man made.
They believe it's Gods wrath because the world will not turn towards him and his guidance.

No it talks about more earthquakes and volcanos, seas rising, green trees and vegetation burning up.
Waters being poisoned....wormwood, being poisoned algae that turns waters red.

I still don't understand what "the rapture" is, but theres a song the mississippi mass choir sings about it and I like the tune.
Obviously NOT a Protestant then.
I’m seriously asking. Don’t baptists believe in the rapture?

I dated this girl recently she was apiscapalian? I bet they believe in the rapture too.

Which sects deny it?

Yes Baptists believe in the rapture.

They believe it's Gods wrath because the world will not turn towards him and his guidance.
I believe that God is perfect and therefore He/She/They do not suffer from bouts of wrath.

Whenever Moses was talking about wrath in the Tenakh he was just trying to scare his 600 000 Hebrews into line.

I’ll go out in my tree stand at 4am and fall asleep. By 7am I’m praying for the sun to bring the temp up ten degrees. For the wind to die down. I need a one piece long john thermal underwear
For hunting I dress even warmer than I do for cross country skiing.

Triple sox.

Double long johns.

Four shirts.

Thick down camo jacket with hoodie.

Flame orange scarf and knit cap.

Fingerless gortex gloves.

Steel toe black work boots. I have found these are better than hiking boots.

I believe that God is perfect and therefore He/She/They do not suffer from bouts of wrath.

Whenever Moses was talking about wrath in the Tenakh he was just trying to scare his 600 000 Hebrews into line.

I bet that the people in Noah's time said something similar, like "It's never going to rain on us and cause a flood. He's just saying that, to scare us into believing in his God." :)

I bet that the people in Noah's time said something similar, like "It's never going to rain on us and cause a flood. He's just saying that, to scare us into believing in his God." :)
Noah is a short story that Moses adopted from the Epic Of Gilgamesh.

Moses was taught the Epic by his royal tutors in Egypt.

How are you so certain that the Hebrews oral traditions weren't used by the Samarians for theirs?

The "rapture" is a relatively new concept. Like 150 years or so, IIRC

How are you so certain that the Hebrews oral traditions weren't used by the Samarians for theirs?
The Sumerians predate the abrahamic timeline of creation. So how would that be possible?

The "rapture" is a relatively new concept. Like 150 years or so, IIRC
Yes, it's a load of new-age hogwash. Jesus prayed that the Father's will be done on Earth as it is in heaven. Rapture theology, on the other hand, teaches that Jesus comes not to redeem the earth but to vacate it and destroy it.

The Sumerians predate the abrahamic timeline of creation. So how would that be possible?

Do you realize that Abraham was Sumerian ?
Sumerians had many Gods, not just one Creator like Abraham believed.
God called him out of Ur.

Forum List

Back