The rant of the working class....Obama's worst nightmare.

Who was it who said "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country"? I swear it was some well-known 'Democrat'... but, that was when the Democrats actually gave a shit about their country.

Are you that ignorant of history to believe that JFKs call to public service was an attempt to deny the need of Americans for social services?

From the very same innaugural address

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich

I help the poor, but I ain't gonna be one of them. 'Help' is not stealing from one to give to another.

If you believe in the Christian God you know that what is on this planet belongs to God. What you get is what God is gracious enough to give to you. As a good christian you should share what you have received from God and not be stingy. If freely you give to charities than using taxes that are given is the same thing.

One interesting aspect of "discussions" such as this one is the presumption (mainly on the Left) that there is a fixed and static group of humans in this country that one can refer to as "The Poor." In the eyes of the Left, The Poor are unfortunates who, through no fault of their own, are without employment or assets, and will remain so for the rest of their natural lives (as will their progeny), and since they are not in any way at fault for their wretchedness, are "entitled" to the support of the overall society, in any way possible. "We" owe it to them.

This fallacy rears its head quantitatively in the information that is perpetually published about the lives of the the different economic "quintiles" in our society. "The bottom 20%" can't afford a new X-Box or whatever. What is ignored is that the individuals comprising The Bottom 20%, in the normal course of events, will be DIFFERENT PEOPLE from one time period to another. Unless they truly deserve to be in that quintile, which is often the case.

The static existence of The Poor is a relatively new concept in America, although it was common in Europe. The more common conception in America was that you might be relatively poor for a period in your life, but as you worked to improve yourself, accumulate a home and possessions, built up some savings, you would - unless you were a lazy good-for-nothing - eventually be well into "Middle Class." Correspondingly, we had the often-used expression, "middle-class values," which referred to the willingness to work hard to get ahead, and the acceptance of responsibility for one's economic situation.

To get personal for example, when I got out of the Army in 1971, I chose to work menial jobs (mainly as a security guard) full time so that I could go to school (also full time). So for the first several years of my adulthood, I was firmly entrenched in the Bottom Quintile - the lowest 20% of incomes. Now I'm in the top 20% - no great accomplishment for DINK's - and there is nothing extraordinary about my life; it's a fairly common story.

But acceptance of a "permanent underclass" is really a rather pernicious development. It absolves people for becoming dependent on government largesse, and for making life-choices that perpetuate their own poverty - mainly dropping out of school and having children. Being "poor" should be viewed as a temporary problem, to be solved not by some government program, but by the poor person herself. STOP making stupid life choices. TAKE ADVANTAGE of the opportunities that surround you. FIGHT TO PRESERVE YOUR FAMILY, which should be the FIRST place you turn for help.

Today, it is considered cruel or unkind to point out that a man who fathers children to women not his spouse is a scoundrel deserving nothing from the public fisc, or that a woman who has children while the means of avoiding such was readily at hand (including the strategem of a firm, "NO!"). People dropping out of school is considered SOCIETY's problem, rather than a personal failing, and we take extraordinary measures to keep people in school who lack the ambition to be there. It is insane and harms everyone else in the school system.

The permanent Poor are people with whom we are now obliged to "empathise," and if we do not want to support and perpetuate their hedonistic, lazy, self-destructive lifestyle and life choices, it is WE, the compulsory funders of our cornucopia of social programs, who are at fault.

The world has been turned upside down.

I'm getting off.

Arbiet macht frei is a staple of Nazism and you don't even know it.

I speak Deutsche....oopsie...now who is the clown?
Both sides of my family are German, I am only the 3rd generation here.

And yet you still post a steaming pile of fascism and think it is funny.

So you are the other guys twin?
You guys are hilarious...the government giving people something for nothing is ok...asking them to do something for that money is fascism...gotcha.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is actually proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever. Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves. This ends today's lesson

I speak Deutsche....oopsie...now who is the clown?
Both sides of my family are German, I am only the 3rd generation here.

And yet you still post a steaming pile of fascism and think it is funny.

So you are the other guys twin?
You guys are hilarious...the government giving people something for nothing is ok...asking them to do something for that money is fascism...gotcha.

Nope, trying to punish the poor into not being poor and getting some free labor out of them in the meantime is fascism, the state taking control of their reproduction is definitely fascism, feeling that they are undeserving of a vote is fascism itself. If you want to talk about the welfare state then post a thread with a simple question not some pile of shit written by an obvious neo-nazi bastard. The OP is still just as much a nanny state it's just a horribly ugly Austrian nanny with a whip.

New Topics

Forum List

Back