The Rally To Restore Sanity Causes a Mainstream Media Meltdown

So wait, heres a thought, can they be considered Mainstream Media, if they are the only ones who think they are Mainstream? , we used to call that a legend in your own mind.

LameSteam is a more accurate description of today's media. Both sides.

Now is it just me, or does anyone else find themselves looking for someone on the news these days that actually represents a journalist. Frankly I could care less what the person(s) reporting the news politics are as long as they don't express it, but thats the real issue these days many have problems with the difference between journalist and commentator and seem to confuse the two. It would be nice to see a fresh face that did not think they were bigger than the story or not want to inject themselves into it. I remain hopeful but lamestream, mainstream , whatever you want to call it, it is a one large mass of agenda based reporting that has little if anything to do with actual new reporting which is sort of sad in a way and on the other hand can be very funny when it comes to comedy ( see John Stewart )

for FP / inteligence related stuff get a stratfor subscription. you can get a substantial discount for being (former?) military.

for other international news try the BBC.

for unbiased views on the middle east subscribe to al jazeera (just kidding).

LameSteam is a more accurate description of today's media. Both sides.

Now is it just me, or does anyone else find themselves looking for someone on the news these days that actually represents a journalist. Frankly I could care less what the person(s) reporting the news politics are as long as they don't express it, but thats the real issue these days many have problems with the difference between journalist and commentator and seem to confuse the two. It would be nice to see a fresh face that did not think they were bigger than the story or not want to inject themselves into it. I remain hopeful but lamestream, mainstream , whatever you want to call it, it is a one large mass of agenda based reporting that has little if anything to do with actual new reporting which is sort of sad in a way and on the other hand can be very funny when it comes to comedy ( see John Stewart )

for FP / inteligence related stuff get a stratfor subscription. you can get a substantial discount for being (former?) military.

for other international news try the BBC.

for unbiased views on the middle east subscribe to al jazeera (just kidding).

I watch Al Jazeera sometimes. It's interesting.

What great fun this rally was. How wonderful to have some laughs before the election. I liked the more serious message too of returning to civility.

I think there is a need for a 'BBC' like organization in America. The BBC is not perfect, but it is far better than anything we have. It's funded though a tv license that everyone pays. A 24/7 straight news coverage organization with no political bias. It could include an even split between some liberal and some conservative discussion and it would enable Americans to get a much better idea of what goes on outside America.... cuz there really is a big, wide world out there.
npr-logo.jpg

PBS_logo_jpg.jpg

They were supposed to be American BBC analogues. Like most of LBJ's plans, it didn't work out that way.

Last edited:
I think there is a need for a 'BBC' like organization in America. The BBC is not perfect, but it is far better than anything we have. It's funded though a tv license that everyone pays. A 24/7 straight news coverage organization with no political bias. It could include an even split between some liberal and some conservative discussion and it would enable Americans to get a much better idea of what goes on outside America.... cuz there really is a big, wide world out there.

The BBC is Red Coat propaganda!:Boom2:

I have come up with a name for this news organization for all you young people willing to go out there and stake your claim! However when you do, I want full credit and a corner office. *laughs* On the last part I'm sure you would not want this old man around spoiling all the fun . Here it goes JNN Just News Network, then you can have an editorial offshoot to that called JNNe. I'm sure you can all guess what the e stands for. Much like what CNN attempts to do with HLN but seems to think that by looping it every 30 mins, no one will notice.

Forum List

Back