The Rainbow Serpent

[1608.01808] Discovery of A New Retrograde Trans-Neptunian Object: Hint of A Common Orbital Plane for Low Semi-Major Axis, High Inclination TNOs and Centaurs
Discovery of A New Retrograde Trans-Neptunian Object: Hint of A Common Orbital Plane for Low Semi-Major Axis, High Inclination TNOs and Centaurs
Ying-Tung Chen,Hsing Wen Lin,Matthew J. Holman, Matthew J. Payne, Wesley C. Fraser, Pedro Lacerda, Wing-Huen Ip, Wen-Ping Chen, Rolf-Peter Kudritzki, Robert Jedicke, Richard J. Wainscoat,John L. Tonry,Eugene A. Magnier,Christopher Waters, Nick Kaiser, Shiang-Yu Wang, Matthew Lehner
(Submitted on 5 Aug 2016)
Although the majority of Centaurs are thought to have originated in the scattered disk, with the high-inclination members coming from the Oort cloud, the origin of the high inclination component of trans-Neptunian objects (TNOs) remains uncertain. We report the discovery of a retrograde TNO, which we nickname "Niku", detected by the Pan-STARRS 1 Outer Solar System Survey. Our numerical integrations show that the orbital dynamics of Niku are very similar to that of 2008 KV42(Drac), with a half-life of ∼500 Myr. Comparing similar high inclination TNOs and Centaurs (q>10 AU, a<100 AU andi>60∘), we find that these objects exhibit a surprising clustering of ascending node, and occupy a common orbital plane. This orbital configuration has high statistical significance: 3.8-σ. An unknown mechanism is required to explain the observed clustering. This discovery may provide a pathway to investigate a possible reservoir of high-inclination objects.

The gist of it:

". . . Comparing similar high inclination TNOs and Centaurs (q>10 AU, a<100 AU andi>60∘), we find that these objects exhibit a surprising clustering of ascending node, and occupy a common orbital plane. This orbital configuration has high statistical significance: 3.8-σ. An unknown mechanism is required to explain the observed clustering. This discovery may provide a pathway to investigate a possible reservoir of high-inclination objects."

It seems a minor planetary body has broken the ecliptic plane on the far side of Neptune. This object has a highly inclined retrograde orbit that cannot be explained by anything in the observable solar system. I think what we have here may be our first visual confirmation of one of the far-flung orbitals in the Nibiru system. Accordingly, the "reservoir" mentioned above would be the ecliptic plane for our Sun's couterpart in a binary system.

More to come.

What happens if all of the conspiracy theories are true? You die.
What happens if none of them are true? You die.

Relax, have some ice tea and enjoy the sunset before Andromeda slams into the Milky Way.

Now I want a Milky Way bar.

What happens if all of the conspiracy theories are true? You die.
What happens if none of them are true? You die. ...
*lol*

The solace we can take in the philosophy of Doris Day notwithstanding, I think there's something to be said for the prospect of looking one's killer in the eye, so to speak. ;)

By the way OP I do tend to offer somewhat flippant but not without a point comments on such a topic but I do find these types of beliefs and myths very interesting as the history of the human race if thick with these stories.

Personally, I see no greater evidence for a looming, unavoidable cataclysm than what's been happening on the home-front in recent decades.

Being a forest activist in the early 90s when environmentalism was more fringy, some of us wondered aloud what it would be like when the government co-opted the movement.
In your linked article, the Pentagon warns of unrest due to climate change, among other things. The Pentagon has to justify its budget each year. They make a report of how much they need and for what. Why not tack on some extra billions for climate change? It's partly a budget strategy.

Not to minimize our vulnerability to cataclysm. Just a sidebar I guess

The other day, while doing some research on regional mythologies, I stumbled onto some interesting tales that have been passed down through the generations by several Australian Aboriginal groups.

From here:

[...]A Pitjantjatjara man named Peter Kunari (Anon, 1986:20) described comets as the manifestation of a being named Wurluru who lived in the sky and carried spears that he occasionally threw across the heavens (a possible reference to meteors?). A similar association is shared by the Kaitish, which is discussed further in section 3.3. The rainbow serpent, a much-feared evil spirit found in the Dreamings of many Aboriginal groups, was sometimes associated with comets (e.g. Healy, 1978:194)3.[...][E.A.]

Anyone familiar with Sitchin's interpretations of various ancient Sumerian texts might see a possible correlation to Nibiru, the winged disc, and the potential further corroboration of his theory regarding this periodic celestial interloper.

Personally, I see no greater evidence for a looming, unavoidable cataclysm than what's been happening on the home-front in recent decades.
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016...eptune-sized-planet-lurks-unseen-solar-system

Earth’s magnetic field could flip within our lifetime – but don’t worry, we should be OK | ExtremeTech

PLANETOPHYSICAL STATE OF THE EARTH AND LIFE

It would be nice to see a peer review on the last one.