The Radical Immigration law of l965

Sundance508

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
I have mentioned it several times on all the boards I visit....but most do not have a clue....and even the few who have heard of it, usually have no conception of what it has done to America.

Essentially...this was a very radical change in our immigration policy and has been a absolute nightmare.....for the first time in our history we began to cater to 3rd world countries....aka...giving people from Africa, the middle east, the far east and South America preference to immigrate here...in other words we began to let in people that were the most unlike us in all the world.....it made no sense, it was detrimental to our National Security as well as to the traditional American Dream...in fact it sounded the death knell to the American Dream.

Last edited:
I have mentioned it several times on all the boards I visit....but most do not have a clue....and even the few who have heard of it, usually have no conception of what it has done to America.

Essentially...this was a very radical change in our immigration policy and has been a absolute nightmare.....for the first time in our history we began to cater to 3rd world countries....aka...giving people from Africa, the middle east, the far east and South America preference to immigrate here...in other words we began to let in people that were the most unlike us in all the world.....it made no sense, it was detrimental to our National Security as well as to the traditional American Dream...in fact it sounded the death knell to the American Dream.
Got links or anything else to back up that statement?

It's just his uninformed opinion. He doesn't seem to realize we became the lone world superpower, and the most technologically advanced nation with the strongest economy on the planet in the decades after this bill that he seems to think destroyed us.

It's just his uninformed opinion. He doesn't seem to realize we became the lone world superpower, and the most technologically advanced nation with the strongest economy on the planet in the decades after this bill that he seems to think destroyed us.

Nonsense....America is now in the worst position....aka the most dangerous position we have been in during our entire history.

Our new radical immigration policy of l965 weakened us and continues to weaken us...not even to mention all the illegals steaming up here wrecking havoc...the people have finally woken up to this...hence the popularity of closing our borders and the huge support that has been given to Trump despite all the protestations of the devotees of political correctness...especialy the mainstream media who is out of touch with the people and not only refused to tell the truth....spins and lies and is so biased that it is disgusting.

How the Immigration Act of 1965 Inadvertently Changed America

>>Hart-Celler Act, abolished an earlier quota system based on national origin<< as a way to unite families.

>>Hart-Celler Act, abolished an earlier quota system based on national origin<< as a way to unite families.

Yes but you fail to understand the implications of that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...Qe3JzrqLY1RTEx29Q&sig2=Qc4RgNnIwr-R1xuQMxFQ8g

the Post-1965 Surge from Latin America

1965 Immigration Act, presented as symbolic, changed nation

Last edited:

"For the first time, immigration from the Western Hemisphere was limited. [...] However, scholars point out that the immigration act shifted the ethnic composition of immigrants.[18][19] Specifically, the Hart–Celler Act allowed people to migrate to the United States from Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Southern and Eastern Europe."
Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"For the first time, immigration from the Western Hemisphere was limited. [...] However, scholars point out that the immigration act shifted the ethnic composition of immigrants.[18][19] Specifically, the Hart–Celler Act allowed people to migrate to the United States from Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Southern and Eastern Europe."
Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 1965 Immigration Act: Anatomy of a Disaster (as Published) — The Rights Writer

Thanks Ted. Your plan to destroy the greatest nation on God's green earth was a success.

Your name will be cursed for all eternity.

BTW, I'm sure you're paying for the murder of Mary Jo. And paying for all eternity.

>>Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Analysis: Theodore Roosevelt indeed wrote these words, but not in 1907 while he was still President of the United States. The passages were culled from a letter he wrote to the president of the American Defense Society on January 3, 1919, three days before Roosevelt died (he served as president from 1901 to 1909).

"Americanization" was a favorite theme of Roosevelt's during his later years, when he railed repeatedly against "hyphenated Americans" and the prospect of a nation "brought to ruins" by a "tangle of squabbling nationalities."

He advocated the compulsory learning of English by every naturalized citizen. "Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or to leave the country," he said in a statement to the Kansas City Star in 1918. "English should be the only language taught or used in the public schools."

He also insisted, on more than one occasion, that America has no room for what he called "fifty-fifty allegiance." In a speech made in 1917 he said, "It is our boast that we admit the immigrant to full fellowship and equality with the native-born. In return we demand that he shall share our undivided allegiance to the one flag which floats over all of us."

And in an article called "True Americanism" authored by Roosevelt in 1894, he wrote:

The immigrant cannot possibly remain what he was, or continue to be a member of the Old-World society. If he tries to retain his old language, in a few generations it becomes a barbarous jargon; if he tries to retain his old customs and ways of life, in a few generations he becomes an uncouth boor.<<

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Analysis: Theodore Roosevelt indeed wrote these words, but not in 1907 while he was still President of the United States. The passages were culled from a letter he wrote to the president of the American Defense Society on January 3, 1919, three days before Roosevelt died (he served as president from 1901 to 1909).

"Americanization" was a favorite theme of Roosevelt's during his later years, when he railed repeatedly against "hyphenated Americans" and the prospect of a nation "brought to ruins" by a "tangle of squabbling nationalities."

He advocated the compulsory learning of English by every naturalized citizen. "Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or to leave the country," he said in a statement to the Kansas City Star in 1918. "English should be the only language taught or used in the public schools."

He also insisted, on more than one occasion, that America has no room for what he called "fifty-fifty allegiance." In a speech made in 1917 he said, "It is our boast that we admit the immigrant to full fellowship and equality with the native-born. In return we demand that he shall share our undivided allegiance to the one flag which floats over all of us."

And in an article called "True Americanism" authored by Roosevelt in 1894, he wrote:

The immigrant cannot possibly remain what he was, or continue to be a member of the Old-World society. If he tries to retain his old language, in a few generations it becomes a barbarous jargon; if he tries to retain his old customs and ways of life, in a few generations he becomes an uncouth boor.<<

Yet what we see happening now and has been going on for decades ...instigated by the radical immigration law of l965...is that people are coming here who really have no interest in becoming American....they not only do not want to become Americanized....they hate America, they hate Christianity, they despise Christians....they come here...yes...why? because they want to milk the cash cow. They come and go from here after they get an education or a good job...they constantly go back to the old country...for that is the country they truly love...and whose religion(islam) they love...a intolerant religion ...not even to mention they send as much money back there as possible. That is why their children (the muslims) are so easily radicalized....because they were never Americanized ...had no interest or desire to be Americans...a people who they truly despise.

The link between immigration and violence is that the aliens lack roots in the society and civilization into which they import themselves. The people they see aren`t their people, and their moral and social norms aren`t theirs either. Being strangers in a strange land, they feel little obligation to it or its members.

There is no way anyone who truly belives in Islam can be assimilated into Western Culture...it is and will always be for the true believers of Islam a alien people and a alien religion they despise aka Christianity as well as Jews....

I have personally known some very intelligent Iranians, well educated and with good jobs...likeable people and many of them not all that religious...what is known as being secular muslims but in every case they were quite up front about their hatred of Jews...it is ingrained into them...something they think quite natural and have no inhibitions about expressing.

We have sown the wind...we shall reap the whirlwind.

In a nutshell we need a working immigration policy...one that will benefit America.....we need to look at every potential immigrant and see if he has anything to offer or does he want to come here to take.

The philosophy that has been allowed to seep in and control our immigration policy is one that needs to be rejected....we cannot afford to let everyone that wants to come here ...to be allowed to come here....our immigration policy should not be based on charity aka trying to help all the poor and miserable creatures on earth at the expense of our own.

Charity begins at home....and to help America (which is what our immigration policy should be about)we must be very selective about who we let in....if they trully want to become Americans, if they have similar values aka religion and morals and a similar racial make up..aka europeans and russians... If they have needed skills...scientists etc. then and only then should they be considered...in reasonable numbers.

We could afford to on a very limited basis let in others on humanitarian grounds but not in huge numbers....very small numbers of such cases on humanitarian grounds.

Another way of putting it............political correctness should not be allowed to determine who we let in and who we keep out.

Last edited:

Nonsense....America is now in the worst position....aka the most dangerous position we have been in during our entire history.

Our new radical immigration policy of l965 weakened us and continues to weaken us...not even to mention all the illegals steaming up here wrecking havoc...the people have finally woken up to this...hence the popularity of closing our borders and the huge support that has been given to Trump despite all the protestations of the devotees of political correctness...especialy the mainstream media who is out of touch with the people and not only refused to tell the truth....spins and lies and is so biased that it is disgusting.

You think we are in the most dangerous time in human history?? Wasn't there a time in the last century where people were buying bomb shelters and training children in school what to do if there was a nuclear attack? I hear the picture of America that some on the Right are trying to paint, I hear Trump talk about how we are practically a third world country. I literally just got back from a two week road trip that took me across the entire country, I can tell you two things... 1. There is plenty of room to grow and 2. We are no where near a third world country, we live in a utopia that we should be all be very proud of

While you are correct about our phenomenal growth during the decades following WW-II there is no question that our Nation is now, and has been since the Reagan presidency, in a state of gradual social and economic decline.

The conditions described in Sundance's first comment are very real and they are the result of circumstances referenced in the Atlantic article linked in his second comment. The Immigration Act of 1965 has indeed occurred, however unintentionally, as a means of degrading the social composition of what at that time was an essentially and predominately Judeo/Christian European sub-culture, consisting of various nationalities which are socially compatible and inclined to commingle.

What we are seeing in America today is the increasing presence of immigrant cultures, mainly Middle-Eastern, which not only are incompatible with essential American culture but are hostile towards it, and which are militantly determined to overwhelm and transform it and already have demonstrated their intentions with a number of serious terrorist actions.

While you are correct about our phenomenal growth during the decades following WW-II there is no question that our Nation is now, and has been since the Reagan presidency, in a state of gradual social and economic decline.

The conditions described in Sundance's first comment are very real and they are the result of circumstances referenced in the Atlantic article linked in his second comment. The Immigration Act of 1965 has indeed occurred, however unintentionally, as a means of degrading the social composition of what at that time was an essentially and predominately Judeo/Christian European sub-culture, consisting of various nationalities which are socially compatible and inclined to commingle.

What we are seeing in America today is the increasing presence of immigrant cultures, mainly Middle-Eastern, which not only are incompatible with essential American culture but are hostile towards it, and which are militantly determined to overwhelm and transform it and already have demonstrated their intentions with a number of serious terrorist actions.

Yes...precisely correct.....................many greatly misunderstand America's predicament.....due mainly to the fact that they are not personally suffering at the present moment.

They do not see bread lines like during the great depression...why? because food stamps are now serving that purpose. They have forgotten 9/11 and do not care about the other terrorist attacks because it did not affect them personally....quite simply they are living in a delusional world...made possible by a corrupt and liberal media that mainly serves to deliver them propaganda and dis-information.

America is living on borrowed time and borrowed money...both of which could come crashing down any day now.

We have lost our industrial base and our current economy is fundamentally flawed...trillions of dollars in debt and inflation is ever increasing...printing and borrowing money is slowing the inevitable disaster but not for long.

The only Presidential candidate with any sense of reality is being demonized by a media so out of touch with reality it would be laughable if not such a unspeakable tragedy....America has lost it's way but the media is there to assure you that all is well....'do not worry be happy'. When they tell you not to worry...you should know you are in big trouble.

The clueless poster slade and the many others like him are living in a bubble of delusion....and he ridiculously brings up a bygone era aka the fifties when the nuclear threat first emerged and the government instituted some policies that appeared a 'over-reaction' putting out exercises for school children to duck and cover etc.

It can be argued that it was a immature and childish over-reaction....and in hindsight perhaps that is true...but Russia was a strict Stalinist dictatorship with nuclear weapons and assumed a menacing role...hence the cold war...which now is considered just the manifestations of a regime that had no real intentions of attacking us but were merely bluffing.

At that time our economy was on a sound footing and we had a great industrial base....the slogan 'Made in The U.S.A.' was a symbol of quality and the American Dream was alive and well...the middle class was growing and wages increasing. All of that has come crashing down.

Even worse we are beset with enemies who though not as 'capable' in a overt sense of demonstrable ability to attack us with nuclear weapons as Stalinist Russia was...their hatred of us is greater and the threat they pose is greater because we do not have a good deterrent as we had against Russia...the so called MAD doctrine...mutual assured destruction...which only works if your enemy is rational...by now we should know islamic jihadists are not rational...consumed with a relilgious ferver that desires not only personal death for them(achieving martyrdom) but is willing to destroy the world in order to bring in the muslim messiah...they think by destroying the western world they will hasten the arrival of their messiah...but whilst not nuclear armed at least as far as we know at the moment...their ability to get weapons of mass destruction and deliver them to our shores cannot be discounted and in fact with their financial resourses it must be considered a real possibility...the more time they are given the greater potential they have for achieving this...and thus time is on their side and all of our military actions have been designed not for total victory but to fight a 'limited war' which in essence is merelly a holding action and one that is not working well...as we have seen the emergence and rapid growth of the most capable and dangerous terrorist group ISIS ...and the evidence is presented to us on a almost daily basis with more and more terrorist attacks and threats.

Yes...precisely correct.....................many greatly misunderstand America's predicament.....due mainly to the fact that they are not personally suffering at the present moment.

They do not see bread lines like during the great depression...why? because food stamps are now serving that purpose. They have forgotten 9/11 and do not care about the other terrorist attacks because it did not affect them personally....quite simply they are living in a delusional world...made possible by a corrupt and liberal media that mainly serves to deliver them propaganda and dis-information.

America is living on borrowed time and borrowed money...both of which could come crashing down any day now.

We have lost our industrial base and our current economy is fundamentally flawed...trillions of dollars in debt and inflation is ever increasing...printing and borrowing money is slowing the inevitable disaster but not for long.

The only Presidential candidate with any sense of reality is being demonized by a media so out of touch with reality it would be laughable if not such a unspeakable tragedy....America has lost it's way but the media is there to assure you that all is well....'do not worry be happy'. When they tell you not to worry...you should know you are in big trouble.

The clueless poster slade and the many others like him are living in a bubble of delusion....and he ridiculously brings up a bygone era aka the fifties when the nuclear threat first emerged and the government instituted some policies that appeared a 'over-reaction' putting out exercises for school children to duck and cover etc.

It can be argued that it was a immature and childish over-reaction....and in hindsight perhaps that is true...but Russia was a strict Stalinist dictatorship with nuclear weapons and assumed a menacing role...hence the cold war...which now is considered just the manifestations of a regime that had no real intentions of attacking us but were merely bluffing.

At that time our economy was on a sound footing and we had a great industrial base....the slogan 'Made in The U.S.A.' was a symbol of quality and the American Dream was alive and well...the middle class was growing and wages increasing. All of that has come crashing down.

Even worse we are beset with enemies who though not as 'capable' in a overt sense of demonstrable ability to attack us with nuclear weapons as Stalinist Russia was...their hatred of us is greater and the threat they pose is greater because we do not have a good deterrent as we had against Russia...the so called MAD doctrine...mutual assured destruction...which only works if your enemy is rational...by now we should know islamic jihadists are not rational...consumed with a relilgious ferver that desires not only personal death for them(achieving martyrdom) but is willing to destroy the world in order to bring in the muslim messiah...they think by destroying the western world they will hasten the arrival of their messiah...but whilst not nuclear armed at least as far as we know at the moment...their ability to get weapons of mass destruction and deliver them to our shores cannot be discounted and in fact with their financial resourses it must be considered a real possibility...the more time they are given the greater potential they have for achieving this...and thus time is on their side and all of our military actions have been designed not for total victory but to fight a 'limited war' which in essence is merelly a holding action and one that is not working well...as we have seen the emergence and rapid growth of the most capable and dangerous terrorist group ISIS ...and the evidence is presented to us on a almost daily basis with more and more terrorist attacks and threats.
You use the same old lines that we hear tirelessly pumped out of the GOP buttholes. Every one of your points are valid and they need to be considered rather than dismissed, however, they are distorted, overbloated, and commonly used to manipulate a voter base.

You think this is the most dangerous time in history because of an evident economic crash and the security threats yet you point out two examples, the depression and Cold War era, where things actually were worse. Where the threats were greater and consequences were more realized.

Please explain to us how these two "crashes" happen? I hear them talked about all the time yet nobody can explain how they actually happen with specific details.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yet what we see happening now and has been going on for decades ...instigated by the radical immigration law of l965...is that people are coming here who really have no interest in becoming American....they not only do not want to become Americanized....they hate America, they hate Christianity, they despise Christians....they come here...yes...why? because they want to milk the cash cow. They come and go from here after they get an education or a good job...they constantly go back to the old country...for that is the country they truly love...and whose religion(islam) they love...a intolerant religion ...not even to mention they send as much money back there as possible. That is why their children (the muslims) are so easily radicalized....because they were never Americanized ...had no interest or desire to be Americans...a people who they truly despise.

The link between immigration and violence is that the aliens lack roots in the society and civilization into which they import themselves. The people they see aren`t their people, and their moral and social norms aren`t theirs either. Being strangers in a strange land, they feel little obligation to it or its members.

There is no way anyone who truly belives in Islam can be assimilated into Western Culture...it is and will always be for the true believers of Islam a alien people and a alien religion they despise aka Christianity as well as Jews....

I have personally known some very intelligent Iranians, well educated and with good jobs...likeable people and many of them not all that religious...what is known as being secular muslims but in every case they were quite up front about their hatred of Jews...it is ingrained into them...something they think quite natural and have no inhibitions about expressing.

We have sown the wind...we shall reap the whirlwind.

In a nutshell we need a working immigration policy...one that will benefit America.....we need to look at every potential immigrant and see if he has anything to offer or does he want to come here to take.

The philosophy that has been allowed to seep in and control our immigration policy is one that needs to be rejected....we cannot afford to let everyone that wants to come here ...to be allowed to come here....our immigration policy should not be based on charity aka trying to help all the poor and miserable creatures on earth at the expense of our own.

Charity begins at home....and to help America (which is what our immigration policy should be about)we must be very selective about who we let in....if they trully want to become Americans, if they have similar values aka religion and morals and a similar racial make up..aka europeans and russians... If they have needed skills...scientists etc. then and only then should they be considered...in reasonable numbers.

We could afford to on a very limited basis let in others on humanitarian grounds but not in huge numbers....very small numbers of such cases on humanitarian grounds.

Another way of putting it............political correctness should not be allowed to determine who we let in and who we keep out.
Where do you get this shit from??? How many immigrants have you ACTUALLY met? Every single one that I've met is awe struck about America. I used to live in a very big and diverse apartment community with many many Muslim immigrants that lived there. I've never met one that was anti America.

You pull this shit out of your ass to fit your shitty divisive narrative. Or you use cherry picked examples... You are wrong, get a life.

Last edited:
The Jewish Conspiracy Behind The 1965 Open Immigration Law! | Real Jew News

Here Are The Names Of The Jews Behind The Open Immigraton Law of 1965:

1. Senator Jacob Javits (NY)
2. Congressman Emanuel Celler (NY)
3. Leo Pfeffer (Former President of
American Jewish Congress (AJC)
4. Norman Podhoretz (Writer and Member of The Council of Foreign Relations)

* Senator Jacob Javits played a prominent role in the Senate hearings on the 1965 bill. Javits authored an article entitled ‘Let’s open the gates’ that proposed immigration levels of 500,000 per year for 20 years with no restrictions on national origin.

* Congressman Emanuel Celler, who fought for unrestricted immigration for over 40 years in the House of Representatives, introduced similar legislation resulting in the “Cellar-Hart Immigration Bill,” the precursor to the fatal bill of 1965.

* Leo Pfeffer, a so-called, “Jewish Intellect,” (translate, “Christ-Hater”), wrote many treatises and books that propagandized for open immigration.

* Norman Podhoretz, a former leftist, now a Jewish “neo-con,” (he’s still a leftist), also wrote many articles promoting open immigration.

* Jewish organizations such as the American Jewish Congress, The Jewish Federation, the ACLU, and the B’nai B’rith, (there is no end to their organizations), filed briefs in support of open immigration before the Senate Subcommittee in the early sixties leading up to the passing of the 1965 law.

You think we are in the most dangerous time in human history?? Wasn't there a time in the last century where people were buying bomb shelters and training children in school what to do if there was a nuclear attack? I hear the picture of America that some on the Right are trying to paint, I hear Trump talk about how we are practically a third world country. I literally just got back from a two week road trip that took me across the entire country, I can tell you two things... 1. There is plenty of room to grow and 2. We are no where near a third world country, we live in a utopia that we should be all be very proud of

Exactly! Many Americans don't know how good they have it until they actually go to a third world country. I've been to a third world country and our country's poor is rich compared to them.

Yes there are things America needs to work on but we are still a first world nation. We have a obesity problem while third world countries have a hunger problem and people are dying of hunger.

The Jewish Conspiracy Behind The 1965 Open Immigration Law! | Real Jew News

Here Are The Names Of The Jews Behind The Open Immigraton Law of 1965:

1. Senator Jacob Javits (NY)
2. Congressman Emanuel Celler (NY)
3. Leo Pfeffer (Former President of
American Jewish Congress (AJC)
4. Norman Podhoretz (Writer and Member of The Council of Foreign Relations)

* Senator Jacob Javits played a prominent role in the Senate hearings on the 1965 bill. Javits authored an article entitled ‘Let’s open the gates’ that proposed immigration levels of 500,000 per year for 20 years with no restrictions on national origin.

* Congressman Emanuel Celler, who fought for unrestricted immigration for over 40 years in the House of Representatives, introduced similar legislation resulting in the “Cellar-Hart Immigration Bill,” the precursor to the fatal bill of 1965.

* Leo Pfeffer, a so-called, “Jewish Intellect,” (translate, “Christ-Hater”), wrote many treatises and books that propagandized for open immigration.

* Norman Podhoretz, a former leftist, now a Jewish “neo-con,” (he’s still a leftist), also wrote many articles promoting open immigration.

* Jewish organizations such as the American Jewish Congress, The Jewish Federation, the ACLU, and the B’nai B’rith, (there is no end to their organizations), filed briefs in support of open immigration before the Senate Subcommittee in the early sixties leading up to the passing of the 1965 law.

You are still snorting conspiracies

Forum List

Back