The racist Officer Darren Wilson...

So, a police officer on duty actually responding to an emergency call from a 99% black (!) neighbourhood now constitutes conclusive evidence the man is not, and cannot be, a racist? Because, presumably, no racist police officer has ever done such a thing. Has there ever been a more threadbare narrative bandied about? And isn't the narrative's target audience also easily identified? After all, the invitation to join the "We're all Wilson now (under assault by the brutal PC hordes, but still not a racist)" chorus couldn't be any clearer.
What is the meaning of your screen name?

So, a police officer on duty actually responding to an emergency call from a 99% black (!) neighbourhood now constitutes conclusive evidence the man is not, and cannot be, a racist? Because, presumably, no racist police officer has ever done such a thing. Has there ever been a more threadbare narrative bandied about? And isn't the narrative's target audience also easily identified? After all, the invitation to join the "We're all Wilson now (under assault by the brutal PC hordes, but still not a racist)" chorus couldn't be any clearer.
What's the meaning of yours?

What's the meaning of yours?
Just trying to fit in...It make you feel more comfortable, doesn't it?

...hates black people so much, he saved the life of a black infant before he responded to the Michael Brown robbery call.

Report Darren Wilson Saved Black Baby s Life Right Before Michael Brown s Death
“As reported by the Bloomberg Politics news portal on Nov. 25, 2014, as well as KMOV.com of Saint Louis, Mo. on Nov. 24, 2014, prior to Officer Wilson responding to the radio call regarding Brown's strong arm robbery of a local convenience store, Wilson was involved with a sickly infant residing in an overwhelmingly African-American Section 8 housing complex,” wrote Whiteman in his report.

The report goes on to describe how Wilson responded to a call at Ferguson’s Northwinds Apartment Complex for an “emergency involving a 2-year-old child who had trouble breathing.” While attending to the sick child and the mother, Wilson reportedly got a call about the convenience store incident, but instead of responding himself, he reportedly stood with the family until health care workers arrived at the scene. It was only after they arrived that he responded to the theft call and, eventually, ran into Brown in the middle of the street.

In the report, Whiteman claims that the sick baby was “most likely” black because of a past report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that talks about the demographic of people living at the apartment complex in question.

“However, the Saint Louis Post-Dispatch reported on Oct. 18, 2014 that the very same Northwinds Apartment complex as one of many federally designated Section 8 Housing projects that the Post-Dispatch described as an ‘amalgam of crime, mismanagement and African-American poverty,’” reported Whiteman. “Furthermore, the Post-Dispatch made note that of the slew of low income projects (to include Northwinds) in St. Louis County, the overwhelming number of residents are black. According to the newspaper, ‘99 percent [are] African-American.’ The remaining 1 percent is divided between whites, Latinos, American Indians, Pacific Islanders, East Asians and those of mixed race.”​
What a bullshit story. Not saying it couldnt happen but that story is full of misdirections and maybes. Besides who in the hell calls the police instead of an ambulance for a sick child? Someone is going to say something stupid in response to this.

Who said he hated black people?

Answer: The OP's Strawman
Riiiiight. Wilson is a racist, but doesn't hate black people.

So, nothing to say about Wilson saving the life of a black child? No? Of course not. It doesn't fit in with your programming.

Doesn't fit with TV's programming either, which is why we don't hear it.
Indeed. The media have an agenda to push, reality be damned.

That's a myth. The media are in it for themselves. So they sell The Crazy. The Crazy sells.

Your story here doesn't feed The Crazy, plus it requires thinking. TV doesn't like thinking. It likes explosions and blood. "Nice" doesn't sell. But gimme a good drive by, cop killing, fire, flood, tornado, riot, terrorist plot that succeeds, missing baby or good old highway chase with a film at 11 and the price of my commercial time just went way up.

That's what the agenda is. After all, political agendas don't pay no bills.

"Reality be damned" though, is spot-on.
Really? Black officers kill white kids. Funny how you never seem to see that on TV, innit?

And going from what you see in the media, blacks never kill blacks.

Yes. There is unquestionably an agenda.

So, nothing to say about Wilson saving the life of a black child? No? Of course not. It doesn't fit in with your programming.

Who said he was a racist?

Answer: OP's second strawman created so he can play the victim
You can lead a progressive to reality, but you can't make him think.

...hates black people so much, he saved the life of a black infant before he responded to the Michael Brown robbery call.

Report Darren Wilson Saved Black Baby s Life Right Before Michael Brown s Death
“As reported by the Bloomberg Politics news portal on Nov. 25, 2014, as well as KMOV.com of Saint Louis, Mo. on Nov. 24, 2014, prior to Officer Wilson responding to the radio call regarding Brown's strong arm robbery of a local convenience store, Wilson was involved with a sickly infant residing in an overwhelmingly African-American Section 8 housing complex,” wrote Whiteman in his report.

The report goes on to describe how Wilson responded to a call at Ferguson’s Northwinds Apartment Complex for an “emergency involving a 2-year-old child who had trouble breathing.” While attending to the sick child and the mother, Wilson reportedly got a call about the convenience store incident, but instead of responding himself, he reportedly stood with the family until health care workers arrived at the scene. It was only after they arrived that he responded to the theft call and, eventually, ran into Brown in the middle of the street.

In the report, Whiteman claims that the sick baby was “most likely” black because of a past report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that talks about the demographic of people living at the apartment complex in question.

“However, the Saint Louis Post-Dispatch reported on Oct. 18, 2014 that the very same Northwinds Apartment complex as one of many federally designated Section 8 Housing projects that the Post-Dispatch described as an ‘amalgam of crime, mismanagement and African-American poverty,’” reported Whiteman. “Furthermore, the Post-Dispatch made note that of the slew of low income projects (to include Northwinds) in St. Louis County, the overwhelming number of residents are black. According to the newspaper, ‘99 percent [are] African-American.’ The remaining 1 percent is divided between whites, Latinos, American Indians, Pacific Islanders, East Asians and those of mixed race.”​
What a bullshit story. Not saying it couldnt happen but that story is full of misdirections and maybes. Besides who in the hell calls the police instead of an ambulance for a sick child? Someone is going to say something stupid in response to this.
You just make sure you don't consider anything that contradicts the narrative.

That's a myth. The media are in it for themselves. So they sell The Crazy. The Crazy sells.

Your story here doesn't feed The Crazy, plus it requires thinking. TV doesn't like thinking. It likes explosions and blood. "Nice" doesn't sell. But gimme a good drive by, cop killing, fire, flood, tornado, riot, terrorist plot that succeeds, missing baby or good old highway chase with a film at 11 and the price of my commercial time just went way up.

Really? Black officers kill white kids. Funny how you never seem to see that on TV, innit?

Of course there's an agenda, and it starts with the letter $. You're looking right past it to invent a different one.

Think about it: race-baiting, sensationalizing, gossiping and pumping/pimping bullshit stories ALL draw massive audiences from the unwashed, and that means you charge more for your commercials, and that means money in da bank. That's a direct, tangible incentive to do exactly that, and that's exactly why they've been doing that as long as there's been TV, and before that in radio and before that in newspapers. As long as the gullible keep facilitating it, the Gullible Factory will keep on writing new chapters in the never-ending novel Gullible's Travels.

Because it directly addresses their own self-interest.
It produces actual real money in the bank that can be proven, shown on a graph, put in one's pocket and spent on commodity fetishes.

Now you essplain to me what the hell slanting stories toward this race or that side or the other political philosophy gains 'em...

:dunno:

Indeed part of that psychological manipulation is the inevitable butthurt that follows on the part of whatever group chooses to view itself as victimized. That's part of the slow-burning fuel. Keeps the embers of them fires of outrage sizzlin'.

Now your story here, this doesn't burn so well and sure doesn't stoke the fires of outrage. That's why you don't see it on TV. Doesn't get good ratings.

Last edited:
Hey! Possum! The image in your signature is only visible to people who are members of the forum you took it from.

Huh?
I took it from one of my own threads here. Does it not show up for ya?
Wherever it came from originally, I've never been a member of that site and it shows up for me...

Not showing up for me. You could probably save it to your picture album and link it from there.

Can you link the post you put it in first? I've seen a lot of this lately.

Not showing up for me. You could probably save it to your picture album and link it from there.

In here, along with a bunch of others. One of them (last one in the third line) fails to show up but the rest do.

In here, along with a bunch of others. One of them (last one in the third line) fails to show up but the rest do.

Well this is strange --- it just disappeared, just now. Somebody out there's tweaking sump'm. ZAT CHEW ERNIE??

I'll have to go git another source...
smiley-scared002.gif

That work?

Of course there's an agenda, and it starts with the letter $. You're looking right past it to invent a different one.

Think about it: race-baiting, sensationalizing, gossiping and pumping/pimping bullshit stories ALL draw massive audiences from the unwashed, and that means you charge more for your commercials, and that means money in da bank. That's a direct, tangible incentive to do exactly that, and that's exactly why they've been doing that as long as there's been TV, and before that in radio and before that in newspapers. As long as the gullible keep facilitating it, the Gullible Factory will keep on writing new chapters in the never-ending novel Gullible's Travels.

It produces actual real money in the bank that can be proven, shown on a graph, put in one's pocket and spent on commodity fetishes.

Now you essplain to me what the hell slanting stories toward this race or that side or the other political philosophy gains 'em...

Indeed part of that psychological manipulation is the inevitable butthurt that follows on the part of whatever group chooses to view itself as victimized. That's part of the slow-burning fuel. Keeps the embers of them fires of outrage sizzlin'.

Now your story here, this doesn't burn so well and sure doesn't stoke the fires of outrage. That's why you don't see it on TV. Doesn't get good ratings.
If that's what you want to believe.

If that's what you want to believe.

So give me any reason they would act in the way of your theory. I gave you way enough reasons they would act in the way of mine. Whatcha got? Anything?

Commercial media is a business, and like any business exists first and foremost to make profit. In commercial media you make profit from advertising, and you stoke advertising with ratings. And you stoke ratings with what I just laid out -- sensationalism. Emotional hooks. They draw a crowd, and the bigger that crowd is, the more you can sell access to them for --- which is the entire objective of everything on commercial media.

Building your content around a political position on the other hand gains you ........... exactly $0.00.

The idea is a handy crutch for the butthurt looking for a scapegoat, but as soon as you analyze, it there's no there there.

Well this is strange --- it just disappeared, just now. Somebody out there's tweaking sump'm. ZAT CHEW ERNIE??

smiley-scared002.gif

That work?
I see the little guy spinning around, waving his hands.

smiley-scared002.gif

That work?
I see the little guy spinning around, waving his hands.

Excellent, all fixed then. Thanks for the heads-up. Somehow you saw the inoperative one before I did. Must have been a cache thing.

(/offtopic)

Forum List

Back