The Racial Issue of Tomorrow?

Prior to the mid 20th century, there were relatively few multiracial families compared to today. Many people would hide their multiracial heritage due to segregation laws, marriage laws, and taboos against racial mixing.

I believe the turning point was WWII when millions of American were exposed to other cultures and races, the growth of world trade, and world tourism. The isolationism, racism, and xenophobia of the first half of the 20th century in America began slipping away. By the 21st century interracial and cross culture marriages had become so common, that few people even noticed.

I think by the mid 21st century, racial discussions such as these will become very rare because the attitudes toward race and ethnicity is changing so fast among the young people. It's not that they don't notice race and ethnicity; it's just not that important to them.

Race and ethnicity which once was considered the defining characteristics of ones personality, character, and intelligence is fast becoming just another demographics.

However, no matter how few racist and xenophobes there may be, I'm sure they will find a home at USMB.

Interestingly enough I think the goal posts will simply be moved. I have heard that white people are now trying to claim that Ethiopians are caucasians. I know for a fact that if you imigrated from Egypt to the US you are legally white no matter how Black you are.

So what is the definition of a caucasian? I just dont focus enough on these things enough but heres a couple links i quickly found regarding caucasians and emmigration into Ethiopia

Difference Between White and Caucasian

Ethiopian DNA studies and sundries.
I didnt look at your first link because I know for a fact the original definition of caucasian is where the term "white" in regards to race came from.

I didnt get the importance of your second link even if you allowed for the fact that caucasian and white are the same term if you disregard moving the goal posts as I mentioned. For example your POTUS is more than 40% white and he is considered Black.
Skin color will be like hair color which comes in many shades. I expect people will alter their skin color medically like people change their hair color depending on styles and fads.

When there's sufficient intermarriage, skin color will no longer be a reliable measure of cultures associated with skin color. Race as an identifier becomes no more valuable than hair color, eye color, height and weight in physical or cultural identification. Race then would have no more meaning than class in classless structure.
The vast majority of the world will still be comprised of nations which are only one color.

Your vision of the future is nothing but a pipe dream.
The vast majority of the world will still be comprised of nations which are only one color.

Your statement doesn't make much sense unless you define what you mean by one color. Today the population in most places goes from pitch black to snow white with every shade in between.[/QUOTE]
Not in an Asian country...

Not in an African country(other than South Africa).

The Western world and parts of South America are not the globe.

Prior to the mid 20th century, there were relatively few multiracial families compared to today. Many people would hide their multiracial heritage due to segregation laws, marriage laws, and taboos against racial mixing.

I believe the turning point was WWII when millions of American were exposed to other cultures and races, the growth of world trade, and world tourism. The isolationism, racism, and xenophobia of the first half of the 20th century in America began slipping away. By the 21st century interracial and cross culture marriages had become so common, that few people even noticed.

I think by the mid 21st century, racial discussions such as these will become very rare because the attitudes toward race and ethnicity is changing so fast among the young people. It's not that they don't notice race and ethnicity; it's just not that important to them.

Race and ethnicity which once was considered the defining characteristics of ones personality, character, and intelligence is fast becoming just another demographics.

However, no matter how few racist and xenophobes there may be, I'm sure they will find a home at USMB.
The weak will always find something to be afraid of.

I thought mixing the races was the only true way to end active racism.

Nothing will do that, but people will keep getting together as they always have throughout the entirety of human history. The more that barriers to doing so fall away, the greater numbers will get together. Nature's way.

My kids are mixed white and filipino. They look Latino or maybe slightly asian or sometimes they look Italian, depending on the day, how their hair is styled, etc.

Definitely, sometimes people have a rxn to them, but for the most part, I think that they like who they are and have learned that they don't have to own other people's issues.

Was it a case of "Awwww! She love you long time!"

It's interesting how morons always assume that it's white dudes hooking up with asian women, not white women marrying asian dudes.

I'm the latter.

ALL THE OTHER RACES SHOULD STOP BEING JEALOUS OF WHITES AND GET THEIR OWN SHIT TOGETHER.

Forum List

Back