The Racial Divide... Is It Getting Worse...?

It's been getting worse for the past 3-1/2 years.

Tell that to my White neighbor who is in her 70's and from rural Ohio who treats and loves me and my White wife like one of her own children. She's like a mother to me. Tell that to my wife's Black co-workers and friends who we love and get along with great. Tell that to my white neighbor's kids whose father abandoned them and consider me their father. Tell that to my Black and Latino family who loves my White wife. Tell that to the various people I pass by of different races while walking or playing tennis who are friends and acquaintances.

Are their race hustlers like Limbaugh, Hannity, Sharpton and others? Hell yeah! Those are the rotten apples that are trying to spoil the whole bunch. There are also some racist lying bigots who are trying to blame the 'racial divide' on Obama, that's also a crock of SHIT.

Limbaugh is a race hustler like Sharpton? Are you out of your mind?

Not at all, do you even listen to that pig's (limbaugh) show? Are you out of your mind? He poisons the fragile minds of many of his listeners on a daily basis.

It's been getting worse for the past 3-1/2 years.

Tell that to my White neighbor who is in her 70's and from rural Ohio who treats and loves me and my White wife like one of her own children. She's like a mother to me. Tell that to my wife's Black co-workers and friends who we love and get along with great. Tell that to my white neighbor's kids whose father abandoned them and consider me their father. Tell that to my Black and Latino family who loves my White wife. Tell that to the various people I pass by of different races while walking or playing tennis who are friends and acquaintances.

Are their rachttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx65jEO9Kh0e hustlers like Limbaugh, Hannity, Sharpton and others? Hell yeah! Those are the rotten apples that are trying to spoil the whole bunch. There are also some racist lying bigots who are trying to blame the 'racial divide' on Obama, that's also a crock of SHIT.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx65jEO9Kh0]Obama's Racism Revealed - YouTube[/ame]

I don't think you can say that Obama fulfilled his campaign pledge to help race relations in this country...in fact, I think the argument that he hurt race relations can be made quite easily.

He inserted himself into numerous situations where other Presidents would have had the good sense to stay the hell out of, making off-the-cuff remarks that demonstrated quite clearly he viewed white police officers and half-white individuals with suspicion regardless of lack of evidence. He did not speak to his supporters who claimed that anyone who opposed Obama did so for racist reasons, and tell them to knock it off...which is what he SHOULD have done, had he been honest in his claims to wanting to bring people together.

In short, to me, Obama seemed to play the race card more than many politicians. He played it when he claimed via his proxies he would be the first post-racial President. He played it when he then allowed those proxies to scream "racism" every time someone opposed Obama. He played it when he inserted himself into the Henry Louis Gates situation, when he inserted himself in the Treyvon Martin issue, and I'm guessing he will allow the race card to be used to his advantage during the upcoming election.

Are their race hustlers like Limbaugh, Hannity, Sharpton and others? Hell yeah! Those are the rotten apples that are trying to spoil the whole bunch. There are also some racist lying bigots who are trying to blame the 'racial divide' on Obama, that's also a crock of SHIT.

I agree with everything you wrote. We may have differing opinions on Obama with respect to race. I do agree that he should not be blamed for the the racial divide in our country, but I do believe he has divided Americans by race, gender, class, and political party to some extent, but what's really disappointing is he has been given a unique opportunity to bring people together and help change our race obsessed culture, and it's not that he tried and didn't succeed, but he didn't have the guts to try.

It's not like the limbaughs, hannity's, and their followers were trying to help him in that regard. IN FACT, IF YOU LISTEN TO THOSE TWO PIG'S SHOWS, YOU WILL HEAR MULTIPLE SEGMENTS EVERYDAY THAT SERVE TO CONVEY TO THEIR AUDIENCE IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER THAT "THE BLACKS ARE BAD". Race is pretty much bought up every day on their shows. Those clowns and their clown followers DEFINITELY have a racial chip on their shoulders towards Black people, there's no getting around that fact. Those two bastards have NO grounds to call sharpton or Jackson "race pimps" when they pretty much do the same thing on a DAILY BASIS.

I disagree with your post. And you're comparing the POTUS to two talk radio guys. We need leadership from the POTUS, not the media.

I agree with everything you wrote. We may have differing opinions on Obama with respect to race. I do agree that he should not be blamed for the the racial divide in our country, but I do believe he has divided Americans by race, gender, class, and political party to some extent, but what's really disappointing is he has been given a unique opportunity to bring people together and help change our race obsessed culture, and it's not that he tried and didn't succeed, but he didn't have the guts to try.

It's not like the limbaughs, hannity's, and their followers were trying to help him in that regard. IN FACT, IF YOU LISTEN TO THOSE TWO PIG'S SHOWS, YOU WILL HEAR MULTIPLE SEGMENTS EVERYDAY THAT SERVE TO CONVEY TO THEIR AUDIENCE IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER THAT "THE BLACKS ARE BAD". Race is pretty much bought up every day on their shows. Those clowns and their clown followers DEFINITELY have a racial chip on their shoulders towards Black people, there's no getting around that fact. Those two bastards have NO grounds to call sharpton or Jackson "race pimps" when they pretty much do the same thing on a DAILY BASIS.

I disagree with your post. And you're comparing the POTUS to two talk radio guys. We need leadership from the POTUS, not the media.

I'm not a fan of the POTUS, but I certainly wouldn't insult him by comparing him to those two pigs. The president has shown leadership, but it's the leadership his adversaries disagree with.

Forum List

Back