The Racial Divide... Is It Getting Worse...?

It's been getting worse for the past 3-1/2 years.

Tell that to my White neighbor who is in her 70's and from rural Ohio who treats and loves me and my White wife like one of her own children. She's like a mother to me. Tell that to my wife's Black co-workers and friends who we love and get along with great. Tell that to my white neighbor's kids whose father abandoned them and consider me their father. Tell that to my Black and Latino family who loves my White wife. Tell that to the various people I pass by of different races while walking or playing tennis who are friends and acquaintances.

Are their race hustlers like Limbaugh, Hannity, Sharpton and others? Hell yeah! Those are the rotten apples that are trying to spoil the whole bunch. There are also some racist lying bigots who are trying to blame the 'racial divide' on Obama, that's also a crock of SHIT.

Tell that to my White neighbor who is in her 70's and from rural Ohio who treats and loves me and my White wife like one of her own children. She's like a mother to me. Tell that to my wife's Black co-workers and friends who we love and get along with great. Tell that to my white neighbor's kids whose father abandoned them and consider me their father. Tell that to my Black and Latino family who loves my White wife. Tell that to the various people I pass by of different races while walking or playing tennis who are friends and acquaintances.

Are their race hustlers like Limbaugh, Hannity, Sharpton and others? Hell yeah! Those are the rotten apples that are trying to spoil the whole bunch. There are also some racist lying bigots who are trying to blame the 'racial divide' on Obama, that's also a crock of SHIT.

You hear this a lot -- the races all love each other, and if only that nasty ol' David Duke and that nasty ol' Al Sharpton would be quiet, we'd have nirvana.

But I think THIS is the actual crock of shit.

You do have these limited interactions that, on the surface, seem OK between blacks, whites, Hispanics. But the truth is that races do not actually get along, and when they get the chance, flee for the comfort of racial company. Interracial marriages are, statistically, much less likely to last. Racially mixed offices have these quiet but very real divides that everyone senses, but nobody admits to. Of course TV ads all feature groups of interracial buddies -- a black dude, Asian dude and white dude are all best friends. But you don't see that in reality.

People get along with their own race best, that's biological reality. You can't override that with laws, regulations, propaganda and shaming tactics. You won't erase that any better than you can kill the sex drive.

The tendency among ordinary people is to look around them and make broad judgments based on their own personal experience. You have a lot of black friends and acquaintences whom you love and who love you and your family. The reason for this is, the black people you know aren't racists. That's the ones you KNOW. You don't know the ones who hate based on race. You orbit in your own socioeconomic class. All the people you know are just like you are.

This does not mean that there is something else going on within the black community. Something that leads to random attacks, mobs beating lone white people. Bands of men armed with hammers and batons go into restaurants to beat white people and feel justified in doing so. This is also going on.

I have lived around black people my whole life and that's a long time predating the civil rights fights of the 60s. My oldest and best friend for 52 years is black. My "gentleman" friend is black. (I'm too old to have a boyfriend"). I can say with some degree of certainty that the trend towards more and more violence among black people is not endemic to color or race or the prevalence of melanin. It is there but there for other reasons as a social phenomenon. The point being it is there. Concrete, no way to argue around it. No way to pass it off as white racisim either. In fact, doing that only serves to increase the number of attacks and level of violence when they occur.

maybe in the south and way out west,cause white people aren't getting away with everything like they used to.Black people aren't afraid of white like they used to be.You see Black people were never afraid of whites up north and they know it too.

You hear this a lot -- the races all love each other, and if only that nasty ol' David Duke and that nasty ol' Al Sharpton would be quiet, we'd have nirvana.

You do have these limited interactions that, on the surface, seem OK between blacks, whites, Hispanics. But the truth is that races do not actually get along, and when they get the chance, flee for the comfort of racial company. Interracial marriages are, statistically, much less likely to last. Racially mixed offices have these quiet but very real divides that everyone senses, but nobody admits to. Of course TV ads all feature groups of interracial buddies -- a black dude, Asian dude and white dude are all best friends. But you don't see that in reality.

People get along with their own race best, that's biological reality. You can't override that with laws, regulations, propaganda and shaming tactics. You won't erase that any better than you can kill the sex drive.

Where did I say that "all of the races love each other"? Where did I say that; "David Duke and that nasty ol' Al Sharpton would be quiet, we'd have nirvana." ?

There are plenty of interaction between the groups you mentioned, some are good, some are bad, and some are neutral. There are always some ASSHOLES willing to stir the pot up and agitate things between the races, there are always some ASSHOLES who thrive on dissension and agitation amongst the races, there are always some ASSHOLES who hope and pray for it to remain that way or get worse, fuck those ASSHOLES. Does that sound familiar to you?

The tendency among ordinary people is to look around them and make broad judgments based on their own personal experience. You have a lot of black friends and acquaintences whom you love and who love you and your family. The reason for this is, the black people you know aren't racists. That's the ones you KNOW. You don't know the ones who hate based on race. You orbit in your own socioeconomic class. All the people you know are just like you are.

This does not mean that there is something else going on within the black community. Something that leads to random attacks, mobs beating lone white people. Bands of men armed with hammers and batons go into restaurants to beat white people and feel justified in doing so. This is also going on.

I have lived around black people my whole life and that's a long time predating the civil rights fights of the 60s. My oldest and best friend for 52 years is black. My "gentleman" friend is black. (I'm too old to have a boyfriend"). I can say with some degree of certainty that the trend towards more and more violence among black people is not endemic to color or race or the prevalence of melanin. It is there but there for other reasons as a social phenomenon. The point being it is there. Concrete, no way to argue around it. No way to pass it off as white racisim either. In fact, doing that only serves to increase the number of attacks and level of violence when they occur.

I know plenty of people from MANY different races or ethnic groups who have a racial chip on their shoulders. I find it "funny" that some people seem to want solely blame "the Blacks" for the "racial problem". That's a bunch of BULLSHIT.

Can you please cite those instances? Are you stating that white people don't attack black people in the same or similar manner? Are you stating the Black on White hate crimes are on a larger scale than White on Black hate crimes?

How so?

Mr. Joyce, your way of thinking is what keeps the KKK, Skinheads, Neo-Nazis and all other WHITE hate groups alive. In the real world where I live, ppl are not looking at the color of a person's skin anymore. What I don't get is why you want to keep White ppl from intergrating with ppl who are non-White? I also notice that while stating that White ppl should not intergrate with ppl of color you do not add: Greeks, Turks, Italians, Jewish, Arabians, French, Canadians. Did I leave anyone out?

What I don't get is why you want to keep White ppl from intergrating with ppl who are non-White? I also notice that while stating that White ppl should not intergrate with ppl of color you do not add: Greeks, Turks, Italians, Jewish, Arabians, French, Canadians. Did I leave anyone out?

Why doesn't anyone ever challenge blacks, Jews, etc. on this? When they love their people and want to protect them, that's "civil rights." But when I do for whites, it's "racism."

It's perfectly healthy and natural to want to live with your people, see them do well, and prosper into the future.

Integration with other races destroys my race: dilutes it, ruins it. When whites disappear, so does our culture, our way of life.

There are plenty of interaction between the groups you mentioned, some are good, some are bad, and some are neutral. There are always some ASSHOLES willing to stir the pot up and agitate things between the races, there are always some ASSHOLES who thrive on dissension and agitation amongst the races, there are always some ASSHOLES who hope and pray for it to remain that way or get worse, fuck those ASSHOLES. Does that sound familiar to you?

Your point is that but for "some assholes", racism wouldn't exist. Races would all get along.

I disagree.

I think races NATURALLY do not get along.

Not because they're bad, evil, racist, etc. Because they just don't. GOOD PEOPLE of ALL RACES sometimes regard each other with suspicion. Mature human beings accept that sometimes, not everyone gets along. Best policy is stay apart. Why is that so hard to get?

Good people of all races do get along just fine. Since the 60s, blacks have had a strange permission to be violent. To object is to be racist and not feel their generational pain. Public benefits was supposed to pay black people to sit in the corner and be quiet, but they got bored. Beating up two reporters, a tourist, or anyone else they can find is just soooo much fun.

It's actually getting better. People are much more honest about racism know a day, compared to twenty or ten years ago- from my perspective at least.

I agree with everything you wrote. We may have differing opinions on Obama with respect to race. I do agree that he should not be blamed for the the racial divide in our country, but I do believe he has divided Americans by race, gender, class, and political party to some extent, but what's really disappointing is he has been given a unique opportunity to bring people together and help change our race obsessed culture, and it's not that he tried and didn't succeed, but he didn't have the guts to try.

Limbaugh is a race hustler like Sharpton? Are you out of your mind?

Your point is that but for "some assholes", racism wouldn't exist. Races would all get along.

I disagree.

I think races NATURALLY do not get along.

Not because they're bad, evil, racist, etc. Because they just don't. GOOD PEOPLE of ALL RACES sometimes regard each other with suspicion. Mature human beings accept that sometimes, not everyone gets along. Best policy is stay apart. Why is that so hard to get?

That's true that some assholes do spoil things. It's not about "races getting along", it's about people getting along.

We can agree to disagree.

I don't know about that, it may be true in the prison system, but in real life it's not always the case. Whites have been slaughtering each other in Europe for centuries, Blacks have been slaughtering each other in Africa for centuries, and Asians, Meso Americans, Semites, etc have been slaughtering each other for centuries. The one thing most of them have in common is "race".

I think that people who want to stay apart from other races should have the right to do so as long as it doesn't trample on the basic rights of every citizen in this country. If people want to have an "all Black" or "all White" town, go right ahead if everyone in that town wants it that way. Let the rest of the people who don't really care about race or care about living with people of other ethnic groups or races do what they want to do.

Good people of all races do get along just fine. Since the 60s, blacks have had a strange permission to be violent. To object is to be racist and not feel their generational pain. Public benefits was supposed to pay black people to sit in the corner and be quiet, but they got bored. Beating up two reporters, a tourist, or anyone else they can find is just soooo much fun.

Really, then why are they overly represented in the prison population? Do you think that the authorities say; "Oh he's Black, he just assaulted someone, he gets a free pass."? Really? :)

I agree with everything you wrote. We may have differing opinions on Obama with respect to race. I do agree that he should not be blamed for the the racial divide in our country, but I do believe he has divided Americans by race, gender, class, and political party to some extent, but what's really disappointing is he has been given a unique opportunity to bring people together and help change our race obsessed culture, and it's not that he tried and didn't succeed, but he didn't have the guts to try.

It's not like the limbaughs, hannity's, and their followers were trying to help him in that regard. IN FACT, IF YOU LISTEN TO THOSE TWO PIG'S SHOWS, YOU WILL HEAR MULTIPLE SEGMENTS EVERYDAY THAT SERVE TO CONVEY TO THEIR AUDIENCE IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER THAT "THE BLACKS ARE BAD". Race is pretty much bought up every day on their shows. Those clowns and their clown followers DEFINITELY have a racial chip on their shoulders towards Black people, there's no getting around that fact. Those two bastards have NO grounds to call sharpton or Jackson "race pimps" when they pretty much do the same thing on a DAILY BASIS.

Forum List

Back