The Race issue is heating up !!!

Powerman said:
They would still have a dome for the Saints? LOL are you fucking stupid. That thing is beyond repair and it's not because of the people that were inside of it.
Wrongo El Nitwit.

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (Reuters) - The Louisiana Superdome, home of the New Orleans Saints football team, and recently the scene of rape and murder when it housed hurricane survivors, was severely damaged by Katrina but talk of tearing it down is premature, its manager said on Wednesday.

Fixing the $500 million, state-owned stadium, which has hosted a papal visit and a presidential nomination, could cost $100 million, said Doug Thornton, regional vice president of SMG, the company that runs the building.

"I think it's very premature at this point to have any speculation about the future of the dome and whether it's going to be torn down," he said.

Seventy percent of the Superdome's roof was damaged by the hurricane, which led to severe water damage to electrical and mechanical systems, elevators and escalators inside the building. The field is under two inches of water in some places and will have to be torn out, he said.

The 70,000-seat stadium was further damaged when up to 25,000 storm survivors gathered there for days. Some of them described nightmarish conditions in the building, including assaults, rapes, murders, little food and water and overflowing toilets.

Thornton acknowledged that some might advocate the Superdome be torn down for that reason, but said state officials would make that decision.

"I think it could be a symbol perhaps of the rebuilding of New Orleans," Thornton said. "There are a lot of good memories in the dome too."

The 30-year-old Superdome hosted the 1988 Republican National Convention, at which George Bush, the current president's father, was nominated. Pope John Paul hosted a rally for 60,000 young people at the stadium in 1987.

The stadium has hosted Super Bowl football games and basketball championships.

Thornton, who described his $100 million repair bill as a "ballpark" figure, said he hoped to have the Superdome cleaned up in two or three weeks and a complete damage assessment done within 60 days.

http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/ne...DST_0_SPORTS-SUPERDOME-COL.XML&archived=False

GotZoom said:
Once he realized the extent of the damage, he did cut his vacation short.

Do you want every sitting President to stop doing what they are doing because a hurricane is coming? If so, there wouldn't be any work done from June through November.

You still don't get it. It's not just any hurricane coming along. It's one of the most powerful hurricanes ever making a direct hit on one of the most important ports in the world and in a city that is 6 feet below sea level. He would have to be a fucking idiot not to understand that the "extent of the damage" would be immense and have a much more negative effect than 911. Look I voted for Bush but I'd be a fucking idiot to say that he handled this to the best of his ability. If you think that defending your political persuasions is more important than the truth then keep making yourself sound ridiculous. Admit it, he could have handled the situation much better.

Powerman said:
You still don't get it. It's not just any hurricane coming along. It's one of the most powerful hurricanes ever making a direct hit on one of the most important ports in the world and in a city that is 6 feet below sea level. He would have to be a fucking idiot not to understand that the "extent of the damage" would be immense and have a much more negative effect than 911. Look I voted for Bush but I'd be a fucking idiot to say that he handled this to the best of his ability. If you think that defending your political persuasions is more important than the truth then keep making yourself sound ridiculous. Admit it, he could have handled the situation much better.

I bet you sit around on Monday mornings talking about all the things you could have done better the day before.

There have been Category 5 hurricanes in the past. In fact, Katrina was a Category 4 when it hit land in Louisiana.

Powerman said:

Well, how about you powerman? You are the one that is throwing the incompetent accusations around, what do you think should have been done by all that were involved starting with the one who was actually in power(the mayor of NO) days before the storm hit Louisiana? Educate us partisan fools on what should have been done and how.

Powerman said:

water damage was the cause of the dome destruction...golly gee Mr. or Ms wizard...the outside shell is intack...interiors can be implemented and redone...this is normal for the nature of the storm...all knew of the potential "Hurricane" damage in this area of the world...what was not put into the equasion was humane destruction ie: pissing and shitting where it was not authorized(pun) and breaking of interior components by wild and crazy guys and gals(another pun)...so to say " Katrina" raped and pillaged is silly to say the least! And as far as New Orleans being one of the "most important ports" in the world...not...a important one yes...but not the "Most Important" one...The East Coast and West coast have the most "Important Ports"... if not... New Orleans would have been constructed say a little more north of the "Salt Flats"....doh! :blah2:

Nevermind. I don't see the point in continuing this conversation. This is just silly. I've got to go get some medicine. Maybe by the time I get back someone will post something with some sanity.

Powerman said:
Nevermind. I don't see the point in continuing this conversation. This is just silly. I've got to go get some medicine. Maybe by the time I get back someone will post something with some sanity.

With that one simple statement, you have cleared up so many things with so many people.

Powerman said:

The Port of Houston is only 300+miles away and will be taking over the responsibilities for N.O.'s port with ease. WOW . . That could be why President Bush steered that Hurricane into New Orleans. . . in one move he flooded the decadence and also destroyed the port so that the ship traffic would now have to use Houston's port where his parents live(Houston) and no doubt have heavy investment . Also, Houston is the home of Halliburton who will of course be rewarded all contracts to rebuild the old decadent voodoo city of New Orleans into a new haven for Christians from around the world. :eek2: :shocked: :poke:

Powerman said:

lol. This statement includes you... Admitting to posting without sanity?

:slap:

sitarro said:
The Port of Houston is only 300+miles away and will be taking over the responsibilities for N.O.'s port with ease. WOW . . That could be why President Bush steered that Hurricane into New Orleans. . . in one move he flooded the decadence and also destroyed the port so that the ship traffic would now have to use Houston's port where his parents live(Houston) and no doubt have heavy investment . Also, Houston is the home of Halliburton who will of course be rewarded all contracts to rebuild the old decadent voodoo city of New Orleans into a new haven for Christians from around the world. :eek2: :shocked: :poke:

So that's why the government sent in the remote controlled construction ship to crash into the levee after the hurricane wasn't destructive enough! Halliburton wasn't getting rich enough in Iraq, and oil prices were not yet high enough to get the Senate to approve more drilling in the ocean as well as in wildlife refuges around the nation.

sitarro said:
. traffic would now have to use Houston's port where his parents live(Houston) and no doubt have heavy investment .

I was reading a "serious" article about doing just that, on a permenant basis, from now on! :D

Said1 said:
I was reading a "serious" article about doing just that, on a permenant basis, from now on! :D

I believe the ads I have seen state that the Port of Houston is the fourth largest in the world. Interstate 10 for East/West traffic is only a few miles away. Interstate 45 that goes North into Dallas is also within 10 miles of the Port. New Orleans is in many ways ideal for a lot of traffic since it not only has the Mississippi about 12 feet above the French Quarter, it also has relatively good access to the Gulf. I'm sure that the south pass of the Mississippi will need a lot of dredging now though. I worked for awhile in south pass on a tug boat that was holding a dredge barge up against the current. It was in February and not only was it bone chilling cold but it was also raining. I had the best chicken Gumbo ever on that dredge barge. The cook was from Opelousas, Louisiana and spoke mostly Cajun French. This Gumbo was red from all of the cayenne, yummy(I guess I just like to eat slop).

Oh crap I just got off topic again.

sitarro said:
The Port of Houston is only 300+miles away and will be taking over the responsibilities for N.O.'s port with ease.

I don't agree. You're crazy if you believe that.

GotZoom said:
With that one simple statement, you have cleared up so many things with so many people.

Not really. I have an ear infection. I needed to get some medicine to numb the pain in my ear. It would be quite convenient for you if I was insane but I'm afraid that's not the case.

Powerman said:
Not really. I have an ear infection. I needed to get some medicine to numb the pain in my ear. It would be quite convenient for you if I was insane but I'm afraid that's not the case.

How do you know? Most insane people don't realize it. It's like people who think their own farts smell good.
:puke3: :smoke: :dev2: :thup: :blues:

Powerman said:

Ummm...it was a joke.

Powerman said:
It would be quite convenient for you if I was insane but I'm afraid that's not the case.

94ebd62711694e557639d948baec7c72.jpg

Take a look in the mirror man!
:laugh:

Said1 said:
Why, I'm really not "in the know" about that area. I will say I've been reading that also.

I'm no pro in this area either but diverting barge traffic through 300 miles of the gulf doesn't sound very convenient.

Forum List

Back