The Race issue is heating up !!!

Bonnie said:
True but Clinton Gore had eight years to sure up those levies as well...

I agree with everything else you said. Local officials had 5 days or more warning that the storm could head their way and be a level 5. I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

The Federal Gov. isn't incharge of shoring up the levees the local gov. is. They decided to spend city money on the Convention Center because it makes money.

Any blaim needs to be set firmly at the feet of first the Mayor and then the Governor. They know the city is a fish bowl and should have been more agressive in getting the people out of the city. Blaim should also be placed on the people for got getting out of said fish bowl. I used to live in Gretna on the West bank for 2 years and even living there that short a time I would know not to stay in a sinking ship when a cat 5 hurricane is barreling down on me.

Adam's Apple said:
I loved that, too. She was really "in the know", wasn't she? Probably a lot like all those other stranded, testy people in New Orleans who have depended on the government to take care of them all their lives. Now they're forced in a situation where they have to take care of themselves and they can't. Where's my government? Bah. Waa. Bah. Waa. I don't suppose it ever occured to that woman that her local and state governments should have been the primary sources to take care of her needs in such an emergency situation. That's why she went to the polls and voted for them, and she will vote for those same people again when she has the opportunity.

Wasn't she a piece of work?--Sheehan's handlers will probably drop her like a rock and see if they can track this idiot down to use for thier agenda.

dilloduck said:
No doubt----I loved the clip of an obese black woman who had just been evacuated who stook off her glasses and said " George Bush--you will never get me to vote for you . Look at this face an remember it."
:laugh:

:rotflmao: Bush has got to be the most powerful man on earth!!! He can even cause HURRICANES!!! :bye1:

:D :D :D :D

Johnney said:
piss on everyone that thinks its about race. everytime someone gets looked at wrong its about race. its sickening. jsut because someone takes a bit longer to get something done its about race. Bush hates blacks so he drags his feet with aide, whatever. if thats how you think, take your ass back to africa or where ever you come from, cause everything doesnt always go the way we think they should.

Ha!

I agree with your sentiment, but I disagree about pissing on everyone who thinks it's about race. It is about race. Katrina and New Orleans is about race more than it's about water, for heaven's sake. Of course, I don't come at it from a liberal perspective, myself. To me, New Orleans is a preview of the the race war to come in the U.S., and which will END the U.S. as we know it.

I am not kidding you, folks. We have Arab terrorists, Jewish warmongers, 20 million illegal Mexicans and an army of poor blacks who HATE white America so deeply that at the first sign of instability, they will STRIKE. You "Hannity" conservatives can sit in your easy chairs and laugh, but you need to get out more and see the real world.

The Roman Empire ended because its founding people got soft in mind and body, expanded their territory too far, tried fighting wars in far-off places, and let in all the immigrants and slaves to do the work.

What's happening here is the same. So get ready for the Dark Ages, my friends.

dilloduck said:
Wasn't she a piece of work?--Sheehan's handlers will probably drop her like a rock and see if they can track this idiot down to use for thier agenda.

Oh, I think they should keep them both. An aging, anti-war radical, and a "give me, give me" government dole babe from New Orleans. Perfect pair to represent the current Democrat Party.

Allanon68 said:
And I hope this country doesnt have some sort of civil war. I am seeing a whole lot of interviews with really upset african americans who are really think this is a race issue with the slow response for aid. Check this out, I was watching the red cross special on I think NBC, and a black person was standing next to Michael Myers and he just started going off on the National Guard and how the country is showing all the looting by black people but when they show white people they are looking for food. Then the real kicker, he gets his last words out "George Bush Hates Black People". Then they cut his ass and went right to Chris Tucker. I was totally shocked. The race issue is heating up fast.

Yeah, I caught that. I was like, WTF? It was when he made his remark that the police/guardsmen were shooting to kill that caught my attention. The fact that they even left him on or aired his comment speaks volumes.

GunnyL said:
Yeah, I caught that. I was like, WTF? It was when he made his remark that the police/guardsmen were shooting to kill that caught my attention. The fact that they even left him on or aired his comment speaks volumes.

I saw it too---Michael Meyers looked over at him with a look like " WTF are you saying, idiot? "

Johnney said:
piss on everyone that thinks its about race. everytime someone gets looked at wrong its about race. its sickening. jsut because someone takes a bit longer to get something done its about race. Bush hates blacks so he drags his feet with aide, whatever. if thats how you think, take your ass back to africa or where ever you come from, cause everything doesnt always go the way we think they should.

And I get called "blunt." :rotflmao:

Right on the money.

dilloduck said:
I saw it too---Michael Meyers looked over at him with a look like " WTF are you saying, idiot? "

Yeah ... you know when you say something outlandish enough to elicit a :wtf: from Michael Myers, you're out there.

Notice Myers cut him off quick.

GunnyL said:
Yeah ... you know when you say something outlandish enough to elicit a :wtf: from Michael Myers, you're out there.

Notice Myers cut him off quick.

Yea Myers looked at him as if to say. . .You f*ckn dumbass, you are spitting at the part of this country that ALWAYS provides for "your people", who are you trying to score points with, other dumbass blacks? You're not gonna get any money from them.
I wonder how much money is coming in from the ultra rich black community. The Michael Jordans, Tiger Woods, Haley Barry, Oprah!,The Williams sisters and all of those no-talent, ride the gravy train rap clowns. How about the whiner babies in the NBA, the NFL, major league Baseball. What about Nike, Kool cigarettes, Cadillac, the company that makes those awful spinner rims, MTV, Gangster records, Eminem, etc., etc.
It is always put on the backs of the guilt ridden white nanny state . . .I, personally have had enough, go somewhere else for that hand out. Pawn those ugly ass gold teeth. I'm all tapped out.
Hey Kayne. . .:dev3: :dev3: :dev3:

sitarro said:
Yea Myers looked at him as if to say. . .You f*ckn dumbass, you are spitting at the part of this country that ALWAYS provides for "your people", who are you trying to score points with, other dumbass blacks? You're not gonna get any money from them.
I wonder how much money is coming in from the ultra rich black community. The Michael Jordans, Tiger Woods, Haley Barry, Oprah!,The Williams sisters and all of those no-talent, ride the gravy train rap clowns. How about the whiner babies in the NBA, the NFL, major league Baseball. What about Nike, Kool cigarettes, Cadillac, the company that makes those awful spinner rims, MTV, Gangster records, Eminem, etc., etc.
It is always put on the backs of the guilt ridden white nanny state . . .I, personally have had enough, go somewhere else for that hand out. Pawn those ugly ass gold teeth. I'm all tapped out.
Hey Kayne. . .:dev3: :dev3: :dev3:

Interesting point of view.

I do not believe it is encumbent on blacks to defend what they are or are not doing anymore than I believe it is encumbent on any other ethnicity to do so.

There comes a point in time when this liberal/conservative, black/white/hispanic/asian/etc, SUPERFICIAL, complete and utter BULLSHIT needs to take a back seat to US -- WE the F-ing people.

We need to do waht we can to help the victims get back on their feet, and while we have the society and trappings thereof stripped away from these inner city parasites that hide within, we need to deal with them too.

I don't begrudge those who don't want to and/or can't help. I'm sure we all do what we can. But I'm sick of the politicizing of this issue.

Dead people don't care which party didn't save them, and rescued people don't care what color the hand was that pulled their asses out of the fire.

Trigg said:
The Federal Gov. isn't incharge of shoring up the levees the local gov. is. They decided to spend city money on the Convention Center because it makes money.

Any blaim needs to be set firmly at the feet of first the Mayor and then the Governor. They know the city is a fish bowl and should have been more agressive in getting the people out of the city. Blaim should also be placed on the people for got getting out of said fish bowl. I used to live in Gretna on the West bank for 2 years and even living there that short a time I would know not to stay in a sinking ship when a cat 5 hurricane is barreling down on me.

Exactly my point Trigg, but try explaining that to those who automatically blame Bush for everything. As other's have stated in this thread, Bush is really quite something if he can cause a hurricane.. and one of that magnitude...LOL :bow3: Hail to the chief :bow3:

The local government there had five or so days to get everyone out by bus and stock pile food and water to last at least 5 days, but they did not and when the federal government took time to get the relief there it was nothing but complaints. I really do feel horrible for those people, if not for the grace of God and a very nice couple named Mike and Patricia who had room in their Suv to take us out of the city on Sunday morning I would have been stuck there like all the rest of those people, and we had plenty of money to get out, just couldn't get a flight or a rental car, and we tried for two days almost non stop.

Gem said:
I will certainly put blame where blame is due...even if it is at Bush's feet. The levies were not reinforced/repaired sufficiently due to lack of funds...that could very well be because of the Bush Administration's cuts to funding of infrastructure for the war and homeland security.

This is only somewhat true. The levy that breached was completed and would not have been improved through any more funding. The Government of Louisiana decided to build the levies at the strength to withstand Level III hurricanes, this one hit at IV to V. The incomplete levies that would have needed federal funding did not breach. Therefore while I think it is not good to limit funds for something like this, it is still not the fault of the funding that the levies breached.

HOWEVER...

The massive amounts of problems we are having in the city are due to poor emergency planning. And a lot of the blame needs to go to the mayor of NO and the govenor of the state.

According to their own "plan" for emergency evacuation it was the responsibility of the Mayor to get buses and other transportation. He had the capacity to engage all public transport in the state to get this done, HE DIDN'T EVEN USE HIS OWN SCHOOL BUSES.

- Why, when you were doing disaster planning, did you not consider the massive amounts of poor people who did not have transportation? You could have activated thousands of school busses to pick people up at busstops and trolly stops and drive them out of the hurricane zone.
During Hurricane Ivan they found that they didn't have a plan, in their new "comprehensive" plan they included a need for buses for evacuation, but DID NOTHING ABOUT IT!

- Why, when you decided to put people in the Superdome, did you not put in the needed security structure to protect them and the site? You knew you were going to have a bunch of poor and stubborn stragglers in the city...you knew you were going to have to put them altogether someplace...why not call for National Guard the MOMENT you see the hurricane coming towards the city...to REGULATE that space? When the busses finally pulled into the Superdome to pick people up they had to leave because of the anarchy inside...people are reporting rapes, murders, and suicides inside...Where is the control?

This was also spoken of in their new "comprehensive" plan but enver improved. During Hurricane Hugo they had 14,000 people at the Superdome and crime was rampant. They therefore spoke of the problem in their "plan" but that is all they did, they never actually made plans to improve it.

- Why, when you knew that the direct path was New Orleans, did you not demand water and food supplies to be brought to the area instantaneously...why didn't you stock the Superdome?

Another thing they have in their new "comprehensive plan" that they mention but did nothing about.

I know, you can say they didn't have time. But this all should have been thought about and planned out BEFORE Katrina was a cloud in the sky. When you live in a swamp below sea level...you have to think ahead. It isn't the President's job to have a survival plan for every city in the world. Thats why there are mayors, govenors, etc.

They actually did live testing of their emergency planning, found many of these lacks in the plan but still did NOTHING. These people really have a stunning lack of leadership, that they are not calling for the heads of these idiots seems to be a lack of understanding of how the government works.

As for the race issue directly: well its sad, but unfortunately, every example of it (however small) just adds to it. The AP ran two pictures of a black child walking through the water with a case of soda, and a white woman walking through the water with a case of soda and a loaf of bread. The first picture said "A young boy walks through the water after looting a case of soda," the second, "A woman walks through the water after finding bread at a grocery store."

Sorry...thats racist. And it pisses people off.

I would like to see a link to both of the stories. It is more likely that one newspaper called all of them, black or white, "looters" while another consistently called them, black or white, "finders" rather than people sought out white people to call them "finders" rather than "looters".

I support anybody who looted food and water, medication, tents, umbrellas, wheelchairs, etc. I do not support the people that wasted their energy looting TVs, DVDs, etc. It really is moot, when they leave they can't take their looted wealth with them and they are not going to be allowed to stay. They have no way to gather wealth for their theft.

However...this is not an example of George Bush's racism...or the National Guards...this is an example of a black mayor, and the govenor of a state with a high black population not planning on how to take care of their poor, predominantly black citizens.

Agreed. Their entire lack of any foresight whatsoever, even after writing the current "comprehensive plan" and knowing the problems in it is criminal IMO.

The guy who said it is a rapper named Kanye West.

Some of his lyrics:

"Now even though I went to college and dropped out of school quick
I always had a Ph.D.: a Pretty Huge Dick"
"Give ME some head, that'll really piss hI'm off"
"I blow past low class *****s with no cash
In the fo' dash six, bitch you can go ask"

Here is what he said about Rolling Stone not giving his "Jesus Walks" CD a "perfect score."

"After I finished with 'Jesus Walks' two weeks later I walk around with it and you can't tell me it's not hot. f#@$ you and your stupid ass ratings. Anybody who gives my album less than a perfect score is lowering the integrity of their own magazine. So either be a part of history or become it,"

His mom is a college professor but says his lyrics about kids skipping school are acceptable.

Bonnie said:
Exactly my point Trigg, but try explaining that to those who automatically blame Bush for everything. As other's have stated in this thread, Bush is really quite something if he can cause a hurricane.. and one of that magnitude...LOL :bow3: Hail to the chief :bow3:

The local government there had five or so days to get everyone out by bus and stock pile food and water to last at least 5 days, but they did not and when the federal government took time to get the relief there it was nothing but complaints. I really do feel horrible for those people, if not for the grace of God and a very nice couple named Mike and Patricia who had room in their Suv to take us out of the city on Sunday morning I would have been stuck there like all the rest of those people, and we had plenty of money to get out, just couldn't get a flight or a rental car, and we tried for two days almost non stop.

I'm glad you were able to get out of the city. I lived there for about 2 years when I was 21, that was more than enough time for me and I was ready to leave.

Houston and Baton Rouge's crime rates have already risen. In Houston there have already been 3 car jackings, assorted robberies, a rape, beatings. . . etc. The "displaced citizens" have turned down 7,000 staterooms on cruise ships in Galveston.
It was announced tonight that authorities have stated that the Superdome is so trashed inside it may have to be torn down. What type of humanity destroys a place being loaned to them to save their lives? Sorry, there is no excuse. Then again, I seem to remember some bad behavior in LA when the Rodney King verdict forced "citizens" to attempt to burn the city down. Then of course the authorities couldn't have possibly found O.J. guilty after that.Does anyone see a pattern here? The "displaced citizens" that were brought to the Astrodome were semi-happy for about 20 minutes, now they are bitching to anyone with a camera. Another special item, I heard that "illegally here citizens" are being paid 5 dollars an hour to pass out food,
In contrast, the citizens in Mississippi have also lost everything, most that they actually worked to pay for and I have heard mostly a thankfulness to God for their lives. Trent Lott lost a home that he grew up in that was 150 years old, nothing left, he doesn't even want to discuss it because he feels that there are many who are much worse off.
The "displaced citizens" that trashed the Superdome need to be bussed back to NO and given a broom. That dumbass mayor needs to lead that crew, that is obviously what he should be doing, and maybe get that Governor and have her get with it too.

Gee, I'm not sure, did I get off topic?

Here is an article my brother found, it sums up the problems we are seeing in New Orleans pretty well. Again, I offer the attitudes of the survivors of the disaster in Mississippi as proof of what this guy says, those people have pulled together to help each other with very little complaints after seeing everything they worked their whole life for disappear.

An Unnatural Disaster: A Hurricane Exposes the Man-Made Disaster of the Welfare State

by Robert Tracinski
Sep 02, 2005
by Robert Tracinski It took four long days for state and federal officials to figure out how to deal with the disaster in New Orleans. I can't blame them, because it also took me four long days to figure out what was going on there. The reason is that the events there make no sense if you think that we are confronting a natural disaster. If this is just a natural disaster, the response for public officials is obvious: you bring in food, water, and doctors; you send transportation to evacuate refugees to temporary shelters; you send engineers to stop the flooding and rebuild the city's infrastructure. For journalists, natural disasters also have a familiar pattern: the heroism of ordinary people pulling together to survive; the hard work and dedication of doctors, nurses, and rescue workers; the steps being taken to clean up and rebuild. Public officials did not expect that the first thing they would have to do is to send thousands of armed troops in armored vehicle, as if they are suppressing an enemy insurgency. And journalists—myself included—did not expect that the story would not be about rain, wind, and flooding, but about rape, murder, and looting. But this is not a natural disaster. It is a man-made disaster. The man-made disaster is not an inadequate or incompetent response by federal relief agencies, and it was not directly caused by Hurricane Katrina. This is where just about every newspaper and television channel has gotten the story wrong. The man-made disaster we are now witnessing in New Orleans did not happen over four days last week. It happened over the past four decades. Hurricane Katrina merely exposed it to public view. The man-made disaster is the welfare state. For the past few days, I have found the news from New Orleans to be confusing. People were not behaving as you would expect them to behave in an emergency—indeed, they were not behaving as they have behaved in other emergencies. That is what has shocked so many people: they have been saying that this is not what we expect from America. In fact, it is not even what we expect from a Third World country. When confronted with a disaster, people usually rise to the occasion. They work together to rescue people in danger, and they spontaneously organize to keep order and solve problems. This is especially true in America. We are an enterprising people, used to relying on our own initiative rather than waiting around for the government to take care of us. I have seen this a hundred times, in small examples (a small town whose main traffic light had gone out, causing ordinary citizens to get out of their cars and serve as impromptu traffic cops, directing cars through the intersection) and large ones (the spontaneous response of New Yorkers to September 11). So what explains the chaos in New Orleans? To give you an idea of the magnitude of what is going on, here is a description from a Washington Times story <http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20050902-122920-2415r.htm> : "Storm victims are raped and beaten; fights erupt with flying fists, knives and guns; fires are breaking out; corpses litter the streets; and police and rescue helicopters are repeatedly fired on. "The plea from Mayor C. Ray Nagin came even as National Guardsmen poured in to restore order and stop the looting, carjackings and gunfire.... "Last night, Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco said 300 Iraq-hardened Arkansas National Guard members were inside New Orleans with shoot-to-kill orders. " 'These troops are...under my orders to restore order in the streets,' she said. 'They have M-16s, and they are locked and loaded. These troops know how to shoot and kill and they are more than willing to do so if necessary and I expect they will.' " The reference to Iraq is eerie. The photo that accompanies this article shows a SWAT team with rifles and armored vests riding on an armored vehicle through trash-strewn streets lined by a rabble of squalid, listless people, one of whom appears to be yelling at them. It looks exactly like a scene from Sadr City in Baghdad. What explains bands of thugs using a natural disaster as an excuse for an orgy of looting, armed robbery, and rape? What causes unruly mobs to storm the very buses that have arrived to evacuate them, causing the drivers to speed away, frightened for their lives? What causes people to attack the doctors trying to treat patients at the Superdome? Why are people responding to natural destruction by causing further destruction? Why are they attacking the people who are trying to help them? My wife, Sherri, figured it out first, and she figured it out on a sense-of-life level. While watching the coverage one night on Fox News Channel, she told me that she was getting a familiar feeling. She studied architecture at the Illinois Institute of Technology, which is located in the South Side of Chicago just blocks away from the Robert Taylor Homes, one of the largest high-rise public housing projects in America. "The projects," as they were known, were infamous for uncontrollable crime and irremediable squalor. (They have since, mercifully, been demolished <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Taylor_Homes> .) What Sherri was getting from last night's television coverage was a whiff of the sense of life of "the projects." Then the "crawl"—the informational phrases flashed at the bottom of the screen on most news channels—gave some vital statistics to confirm this sense: 75% of the residents of New Orleans had already evacuated before the hurricane, and of those who remained, a large number were from the city's public housing projects. Jack Wakeland then told me that early reports from CNN and Fox indicated that the city had no plan for evacuating all of the prisoners in the city's jails—so they just let many of them loose. [Update: I have been searching for news reports on this last story, but I have not been able to confirm it. Instead, I have found numerous reports about the collapse of the corrupt and incompetent New Orleans Police Department; see here <http://www.columbiatribune.com/2005/Aug/20050831News017.asp> and here <http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/national/nationalspecial/04police.html?adxnnl=1&amp;adxnnlx=1125839324-Gx/WKaOOvv/dZllBg1criA> .] There is no doubt a significant overlap between these two populations--that is, a large number of people in the jails used to live in the housing projects, and vice versa. There were many decent, innocent people trapped in New Orleans when the deluge hit—but they were trapped alongside large numbers of people from two groups: criminals—and wards of the welfare state, people selected, over decades, for their lack of initiative and self-induced helplessness. The welfare wards were a mass of sheep—on whom the incompetent administration of New Orleans unleashed a pack of wolves. All of this is related, incidentally, to the incompetence of the city government, which failed to plan for a total evacuation of the city, despite the knowledge that this might be necessary. In a city corrupted by the welfare state, the job of city officials is to ensure the flow of handouts to welfare recipients and patronage to political supporters—not to ensure a lawful, orderly evacuation in case of emergency. No one has really reported this story, as far as I can tell. In fact, some are already actively distorting it, blaming President Bush, for example, for failing to personally ensure that the Mayor of New Orleans had drafted an adequate evacuation plan. The worst example is an execrable piece from the Toronto Globe and Mail <http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20050902.STORMPSYCHOLOGY02/TPStory> , by a supercilious Canadian who blames the chaos on American "individualism." But the truth is precisely the opposite: the chaos was caused by a system that was the exact opposite of individualism. What Hurricane Katrina exposed was the psychological consequences of the welfare state. What we consider "normal" behavior in an emergency is behavior that is normal for people who have values and take the responsibility to pursue and protect them. People with values respond to a disaster by fighting against it and doing whatever it takes to overcome the difficulties they face. They don't sit around and complain that the government hasn't taken care of them. And they don't use the chaos of a disaster as an opportunity to prey on their fellow men. But what about criminals and welfare parasites? Do they worry about saving their houses and property? They don't, because they don't own anything. Do they worry about what is going to happen to their businesses or how they are going to make a living? They never worried about those things before. Do they worry about crime and looting? But living off of stolen wealth is a way of life for them. People living in piles of their own trash, while petulantly complaining that other people aren't doing enough to take care of them and then shooting at those who come to rescue them—this is not just a description of the chaos at the Superdome. It is a perfect summary of the 40-year history of the welfare state and its public housing projects. The welfare state—and the brutish, uncivilized mentality it sustains and encourages—is the man-made disaster that explains the moral ugliness that has swamped New Orleans. And that is the story that no one is reporting. Source: TIA Daily -- September 2, 2005

Forum List

Back