The Race issue is heating up !!!

A

Allanon68

And I hope this country doesnt have some sort of civil war. I am seeing a whole lot of interviews with really upset african americans who are really think this is a race issue with the slow response for aid. Check this out, I was watching the red cross special on I think NBC, and a black person was standing next to Michael Myers and he just started going off on the National Guard and how the country is showing all the looting by black people but when they show white people they are looking for food. Then the real kicker, he gets his last words out "George Bush Hates Black People". Then they cut his ass and went right to Chris Tucker. I was totally shocked. The race issue is heating up fast.

Allanon68 said:
And I hope this country doesnt have some sort of civil war. I am seeing a whole lot of interviews with really upset african americans who are really think this is a race issue with the slow response for aid. Check this out, I was watching the red cross special on I think NBC, and a black person was standing next to Michael Myers and he just started going off on the National Guard and how the country is showing all the looting by black people but when they show white people they are looking for food. Then the real kicker, he gets his last words out "George Bush Hates Black People". Then they cut his ass and went right to Chris Tucker. I was totally shocked. The race issue is heating up fast.

Check what out? :link: :link: :link: :link: :link: :link:

Allanon68 said:

yup--the media is walking a mighty fine line here and every once in awhile the slip one way or the other
It's tough covering this issue without mentioning the truth

Kathy, not everything is immediately posted on the web, my post reads that I was watching it on TV, not the internet. So I dont have a link, Im only reporting what I saw on TV.

Kathianne said:
Check what out? :link: :link: :link: :link: :link: :link:

Allanon68 said:
Kathy, not everything is immediately posted on the web, my post reads that I was watching it on TV, not the internet. So I dont have a link, Im only reporting what I saw on TV.

:lame2: Should do some kind of search then, before posting your stuff.

No doubt K..What happend you get stood up tonight or something ? Again, IT WAS ON TV !

All this while the Democrat Mayor made special accomodations for the tourists in the hotel across from his manse. They were bused to the Superdome, rushed to the FRONT of the line and off to Houston so they could get airline tickets and return home. All this while those people in the Superdome were ignored for days.

Then this embicile of a Mayor thinks to hack on Bush for not doing HIS job! Where was the infrastructure that FEMA was supposed to support? IT was non-existent because this asshat had no plans and no ideas, could not lead himself out of a paper sack with a flashlight, a map, and someone at the opening shouting "HEY, THIS WAY MORON!" FEMA was created to strengthen and support the local infrastructure during a crises, not to create one from scratch. This Governor and Mayor have many lives to answer for, their incompetence is astounding. If I lived in Louisiana I would be calling for a recall on both of these idiots, now while the fire is hot.

The whole "It's because we are Black!" thing is just more race baiting to create a further divide in the major parties and to stengthen support in a base that was actually getting smaller.

piss on everyone that thinks its about race. everytime someone gets looked at wrong its about race. its sickening. jsut because someone takes a bit longer to get something done its about race. Bush hates blacks so he drags his feet with aide, whatever. if thats how you think, take your ass back to africa or where ever you come from, cause everything doesnt always go the way we think they should.

No1toVote4, what you say is so true. Of course, the liberal MSM is not going to mention the incompetence of the local and state government because New Orleans is one of those BLUE pockets of liberalism. The incompetence of the state and local government is just astounding. It is so obvious that they have been depending on the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT much too long to solve their problems. They were sitting back waiting for Washington to tell them what to do. Contrast this with Rudy Guiliani's leadership in New York after 9/11/01 or Jeb Bush's leadership in Florida a few years ago when that state suffered four major hurricanes. I heard one local man in New Orleans say on cable TV yesterday that what they needed was Rudy Guiliani. I am sorry to tell him there is probably no one of Guiliani's calibre in the entire state.

rtwngAvngr said:
The so called black leadership ENCOURAGE This kind of anti white hate speech.

No doubt----I loved the clip of an obese black woman who had just been evacuated who stook off her glasses and said " George Bush--you will never get me to vote for you . Look at this face an remember it."
:laugh:

Was H.G. wells a known "racist"?

I was thinking that the society that had evolved in the time machine, where the white people were food for a stonger and stupider, barbarian race, and the whole thing was controlled by supersmart mind control experts seemed to have some overt implications for modern society. Also, his History of The World is hard to find, though I've heard it's awesome.

I will certainly put blame where blame is due...even if it is at Bush's feet. The levies were not reinforced/repaired sufficiently due to lack of funds...that could very well be because of the Bush Administration's cuts to funding of infrastructure for the war and homeland security.

HOWEVER...

The massive amounts of problems we are having in the city are due to poor emergency planning. And a lot of the blame needs to go to the mayor of NO and the govenor of the state.

- Why, when you were doing disaster planning, did you not consider the massive amounts of poor people who did not have transportation? You could have activated thousands of school busses to pick people up at busstops and trolly stops and drive them out of the hurricane zone.

- Why, when you decided to put people in the Superdome, did you not put in the needed security structure to protect them and the site? You knew you were going to have a bunch of poor and stubborn stragglers in the city...you knew you were going to have to put them altogether someplace...why not call for National Guard the MOMENT you see the hurricane coming towards the city...to REGULATE that space? When the busses finally pulled into the Superdome to pick people up they had to leave because of the anarchy inside...people are reporting rapes, murders, and suicides inside...Where is the control?

- Why, when you knew that the direct path was New Orleans, did you not demand water and food supplies to be brought to the area instantaneously...why didn't you stock the Superdome?

I know, you can say they didn't have time. But this all should have been thought about and planned out BEFORE Katrina was a cloud in the sky. When you live in a swamp below sea level...you have to think ahead. It isn't the President's job to have a survival plan for every city in the world. Thats why there are mayors, govenors, etc.

As for the race issue directly: well its sad, but unfortunately, every example of it (however small) just adds to it. The AP ran two pictures of a black child walking through the water with a case of soda, and a white woman walking through the water with a case of soda and a loaf of bread. The first picture said "A young boy walks through the water after looting a case of soda," the second, "A woman walks through the water after finding bread at a grocery store."

Sorry...thats racist. And it pisses people off.

However...this is not an example of George Bush's racism...or the National Guards...this is an example of a black mayor, and the govenor of a state with a high black population not planning on how to take care of their poor, predominantly black citizens.

I am originally from Louisiana although I would never claim New Orleans, it has always been a dump but has really become a pit in the last 27 years. I noticed a distinctive change when the first black Mayor, Earnest Morial was elected in 1978. There was always cronyism in New Orleans politics but somehow it was taken to a much higher level with this guy. He brought in total incompetence and it has been spiraling down since. Since then the black majority in New Orleans have continued to elect people that look like them no matter how unqualified they were. I notice that the latest mayor(also, amazingly, black and incompetent) has received very little if any criticism from his constituency even though the actual blame for the lack of evacuation and survival planning is his responsibility, he is the mayor!
For years it has been common knowledge that if your skin color was not black you better stay away from Algiers, a predominantly black community just across the Mississippi from NO. Black friends of mine warned me to keep my white ass away from there. Lost white tourist were murdered for stopping at the wrong stop sign. I haven't returned to New Orleans for years, I don't feel welcome. A French friend went 2 years ago with his wife, mother in law and Godfather. He came back appalled at the treatment he received from the black citizens of NO, he felt that they were incredibly racist and were constantly in fear walking the streets. He is a musician and went for the music. He expected a good time and has now vowed never to return. I went to 2 Mardi Gras in a row in the early 70s and also vowed never to return.
It's my opinion that they should save whatever buildings of historical value as possible and maybe rebuild some of the businesses that actually provide income for the city, but don't relocate residents into that cesspool, it is toilet and just insane to make the same mistakes over and over at the expence of the American taxpayer.
Oh and by the way, don't try to label me as a racist, I have always had and continue to have friends of all races, skin color doesn't matter to me, what's on the inside of a person is what matters. The majority of New Orleans needs to take that advice and quit being so racist and elect mayors on what the have inside and not the color of their skin.

dilloduck said:
No doubt----I loved the clip of an obese black woman who had just been evacuated who stook off her glasses and said " George Bush--you will never get me to vote for you . Look at this face an remember it."

Too funny. I guess she was expecting him to be able run for a third term? :wtf:

no1tovote4 said:
All this while the Democrat Mayor made special accomodations for the tourists in the hotel across from his manse. They were bused to the Superdome, rushed to the FRONT of the line and off to Houston so they could get airline tickets and return home. All this while those people in the Superdome were ignored for days.

Then this embicile of a Mayor thinks to hack on Bush for not doing HIS job! Where was the infrastructure that FEMA was supposed to support? IT was non-existent because this asshat had no plans and no ideas, could not lead himself out of a paper sack with a flashlight, a map, and someone at the opening shouting "HEY, THIS WAY MORON!" FEMA was created to strengthen and support the local infrastructure during a crises, not to create one from scratch. This Governor and Mayor have many lives to answer for, their incompetence is astounding. If I lived in Louisiana I would be calling for a recall on both of these idiots, now while the fire is hot.

The whole "It's because we are Black!" thing is just more race baiting to create a further divide in the major parties and to stengthen support in a base that was actually getting smaller.

Absolutely right Doug on everything you just stated!!
Seriously does anyone even those that hate Bush really think he would purposely ignore thousands of helpless people based on race??? It's ridiculous and it would be political suicide. Notice Senator Landreau has been very absent these past few days???

dilloduck said:
I saw that and my first thought was no doubt you really voted for him twice before??? That's just the scary mindset that an already distressed pupulous of people have had exaserbated by their illustrious mayor, the great consoler... :salute:

Gem....I will certainly put blame where blame is due...even if it is at Bush's feet. The levies were not reinforced/repaired sufficiently due to lack of funds...that could very well be because of the Bush Administration's cuts to funding of infrastructure for the war and homeland security

True but Clinton Gore had eight years to sure up those levies as well...

I agree with everything else you said. Local officials had 5 days or more warning that the storm could head their way and be a level 5. I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

dilloduck said:

I loved that, too. She was really "in the know", wasn't she? Probably a lot like all those other stranded, testy people in New Orleans who have depended on the government to take care of them all their lives. Now they're forced in a situation where they have to take care of themselves and they can't. Where's my government? Bah. Waa. Bah. Waa. I don't suppose it ever occured to that woman that her local and state governments should have been the primary sources to take care of her needs in such an emergency situation. That's why she went to the polls and voted for them, and she will vote for those same people again when she has the opportunity.

Forum List

Back