The 'R' Word is now Verboten?

I know many dont like to have to think of others feelings but it really isnt that horrible a thing to do.

You see even though the mentally challenged look like nothing but retards to may of you they do have feelings and their family members do too.

I always am amazed at how much pissing and moaning people do when they are forced to find NEW beat down words to use.

Maybe we should call you people invectively challenged or hatelazy or something.

Your fellow Americans who have done no fucking thing to you have asked you to use another word to discribe them.

I know its going to just be to much of a burden for some of you to THINK before you call someone stupid instead of retarded but its really pretty damned easy to do.

Here are some suggestions that may make it easier for you.

alternative insults to retarded:

Butt brained
ass capped
mangled medula
medulamush
asinine
brainless
dense
dull
dumb
feeblebrained
inane
obtuse
witless
vapid
dimwtted
brickbrained
Bushlike
Palinesque

to name a few.

Nothing else even comes close to describing Republican's lack of policies.

And there we had two of our boards biggest bat shit crazy, hyper zealot, loony left liberals that just couldn't help themselves but to turn this into a political insult against conservatives and/or republicans.

You two ARE fucking RETARDED.

Last edited:
please follow the whole conversation.

When you choose an insult do not use retard as an insult, that is what the comunity is asking you to do.

They themselves dont want the term to be promoted by famous people as an insult.

I gave the insult challenged a list of a few because they are too inane to think of another word when insulting people.

When you choose an insult do not use retard as an insult, that is what the comunity is asking you to do.

They themselves dont want the term to be promoted by famous people as an insult.

I gave the insult challenged a list of a few because they are too inane to think of another word when insulting people.

How about this... FUCK YOU, you ARE a fucking RETARD!

Paleriders representatives would prefer you call him developmentally disabled instead of retarded.

Please send you donations to homefordumbfucks.com to help our pale little friend

Paleriders representatives would prefer you call him developmentally disabled instead of retarded.

Please send you donations to homefordumbfucks.com to help our pale little friend

pfff-0020.gif
------
idiot-0011.gif
------ :anj_stfu:

If I'm following this right, we can't call someone who isn't retarded 'retarded' because that might insult a person who really is retarded but we can call someone who isn't retarded 'feeble brained' because that won't insult a real retarded person (even though it means the same thing).

What happens when none of the alternate 'retarded' words can be used? Because someone will always find it offensive.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

If I'm following this right, we can't call someone who isn't retarded 'retarded' because that might insult a person who really is retarded but we can call someone who isn't retarded 'feeble brained' because that won't insult a real retarded person (even though it means the same thing).

What happens when none of the alternate 'retarded' words can be used? Because someone will always find it offensive.

It comes down to wether you think the developmentally disabled have feelings that are worth slightly changing your behavior for ?

The word dumb, which is in the above list, originally meant 'lacking speech' incidentally. The meaning then broadened to mean stupid because it was assumed those lacking speech also lacked intellectual capacity for it, which is of course sometimes, but not always, true.

Retard was at one time the PC form of moron and idiot.

Now it is not PC?

:eusa_eh:

Moron, Idiot, and Imbecile all were formerly official medical terms designating various degrees of mental retardation. They then linguistically degenerated into slang insults.

Idiots, Imbeciles, and Morons
Right...and now so has retarded changed from an official medical term to an insult. Where does it stop?

Mentally challenged = mental = insult
= challenged = insult

:confused:

Retard was at one time the PC form of moron and idiot.

Now it is not PC?

:eusa_eh:

Moron, Idiot, and Imbecile all were formerly official medical terms designating various degrees of mental retardation. They then linguistically degenerated into slang insults.

Idiots, Imbeciles, and Morons
Right...and now so has retarded changed from an official medical term to an insult. Where does it stop?

Mentally challenged = mental = insult
= challenged = insult

:confused:

It's the nature of language I believe. Look at how people talk at this site.

I think a lot of these linguistic innovations start with our young people, actually. They are very creative with insults and language, they grow up, and their new ideas, for better or worse, become assimilated into the language.

Incidentally, Moron, Idiot, and Imbecile are apparently not considered non-PC. There is a whole series of information books called 'The Idiot's Guide to -fill in blank-' that you see sold commonly.

It comes down to wether you think the developmentally disabled have feelings that are worth slightly changing your behavior for ?

I think you'd better let Rahmmm know about this PC-ness, as he's so fond of using the term 'fucking retarded'. Hmmm, shouldn't he be on your list of alternate words rather than Palin, as Palin stood up and screamed against Rahmmm's 'fucking retarded' comment? So instead of saying 'TM, you're fucking retarded', one would say 'TM, you're Rahm'.

If we no longer call retarded people 'retarded' but call them 'mentally challenged' or 'mentally disabled', how is calling someone who isn't retarded 'retarded' offensive to someone who is retarded?

Forum List

Back