The Quote That Will Cost Obama The Election

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
You heard it here first. I believe the quote that will cost Obama the election is:

"Ayers is a guy who lives in my neighborhood... "

-Democratic Primary Debate April 16, 2008

Bill Ayers is, of course, the co-founder of the militant radical left organization Weatherman. As the Presidential race heads into the home stretch the Obama-Ayers connection is percolating and will soon come to a rapid boil. The factual connections between Obama and Ayers require answers.

These connections are:

1. The Annenberg Challenge
2. The Woods Fund of Chicago
3. Leadership Council of the Chicago Public Schools

The Annenberg Challenge

According to Wikipedia:

The Annenberg Challenge was made up of three constituent parts:

1. The Chicago School Reform Collaborative, co-chaired by William C. Ayers.
2. A Board of Directors initially recruited by the Collaborative, which was chaired from 1995 to 2000 by Barack Obama, at the time a practicing attorney.
3. The Chicago Schools Research Consortium, a research arm of the Challenge.

Wikipedia link here

The Woods Fund of Chicago

From Wikipedia:

The Woods Fund of Chicago is a philanthropic organization devoted to poverty relief and the promotion of social mobility, founded in 1941.

2001 Board Membership

Howard J. Stanback - Board Chair - Manager, New Kenwood, LLC
Maria G. Valdez - Board Vice Chair - Attorney-at-Law Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund
William C. Ayers - Distinguished Professor Of Education, University Of Illinois At Chicago
Cynthia M. Campbell - President, McCormick Theological Seminary
R. Eden Martin - President, Civic Committee And The Commercial Club
Barack Obama - State Legislator, University Of Chicago School Of Law, and Attorney at Law with Davis, Mine and Galland
Suzanne Boyle, Board Treasurer
Kristin Patton, Board Secretary

Wikipedia link here

Leadership Council of the Chicago Public Schools Education Fund

Obama was a member of the Leadership Council of the Chicago Public Schools Education Fund at the same time the father and brother of Ayers also served as members of the Leadership Council.

See here

As is often the case the possible "cover up" might be far worse for Obama if it turns out his association with Ayers was far more extensive than a "guy who lives in the neighborhood". The first step to putting this matter to rest is to get a simple question answered by Obama:

"Who hired you for the Annenberg Challenge?"

ohhh yes...that's it...

I mean let's forget that this all came out during the Primaries...let's forget that Democrats are registering more voters than Republicans...let's forget the possibilty of record turn out in the african american community...

Obama undid himself by saying Ayers lives in his neighborhood...:cuckoo:

ohhh yes...that's it...

I mean let's forget that this all came out during the Primaries...let's forget that Democrats are registering more voters than Republicans...let's forget the possibilty of record turn out in the african american community...

Obama undid himself by saying Ayers lives in his neighborhood...:cuckoo:

The problem is that nothing has come out other than that one quote and a few other similar quotes from Obama on the subject. I think it's fair to ask him who hired him for the Annenberg Challenge.

As for Palin she has cut earmarks 50% in less than 2 years in office and reduced travel expenses 80%. She out negotiated big oil to the benefit of the people of Alaska. Before that she blew the whistle on the head of the Republican Party in Alaska. You may not like her positions but you can't say she hasn't been a reformer.

You heard it here first. I believe the quote that will cost Obama the election is:

?"

Then you and every other middle class voter that allows this to make up your minds are dumb, because this Aiers or Ayers guy are not the people ruining America. It's the Rich, corporate, GOP.

And I know you think McCain is going to be a good Republican, but you are dead wrong. He is going to follow Bush's path on the economy & war.

The middle class needs to wise up. It's rich against poor and Karl Rove has tried to package McCain like he's special? HA!!!

Then you and every other middle class voter that allows this to make up your minds are dumb, because this Aiers or Ayers guy are not the people ruining America. It's the Rich, corporate, GOP.

And I know you think McCain is going to be a good Republican, but you are dead wrong. He is going to follow Bush's path on the economy & war.

The middle class needs to wise up. It's rich against poor and Karl Rove has tried to package McCain like he's special? HA!!!

It's probably a roll of the dice with any politician but either way you slice it I think the pubic is entitled to answers to simple questions from all the candidates.

It's probably a roll of the dice with any politician but either way you slice it I think the pubic is entitled to answers to simple questions from all the candidates.

The GOP point out two obscure connections Obama has and they will repeat these connects over and over and over because their candidate has so many bad ties. So voters will say, "well they both have bad ties".

Show me what bills Obama has passed because this Aiers or Wright paid him to pass those bills.

But you can see what is going on with rich and corporate tax breaks, housing collapse, bank bailous, and connect all these things directly with GOP lobbyists and de-regulations. These things McCain supports.

Think McCain is going to help the middle class or the lobbyists that got him elected?

So we are going to war with Russia over Georgia? One of McCain's campaign guys is a lobbyist for Georgia.

Think Palin won't protect the oil companies just like Bush has?

Think those loopholes that allow offshore corporations to dodge taxes will go away under McCain?

Think we'll make the oil companies pay for iraq oil or stop gouging us or will US Taxpayers continue to pay the way?

All the bank bail outs are due to de-regulations. The GOP allowed Corporations to rule unchecked for 8 years and now that the economy is falling apart, you and I will bail them out.

So they privatize profits and socialize the losses. Don't be dumb and vote for a 3rd Bush term. McCain will do anything they tell him to do. He just wants to be president before he dies of melanoma.

An obscure connection that he maintained for what, a dozen years?

Your assumption that middle class America is dumb is getting a little stale. I'd bet peaches to donuts that any of my middle class friends have about 10 points on your i.q. It's a sign that you can't defend your darlings when all you can say is that people who don't like them are stupid.

An obscure connection that he maintained for what, a dozen years?

Your assumption that middle class America is dumb is getting a little stale. I'd bet peaches to donuts that any of my middle class friends have about 10 points on your i.q. It's a sign that you can't defend your darlings when all you can say is that people who don't like them are stupid.

What caused this?

Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers and other Wall Street giants helped foreign investors dodge billions of dollars in U.S. taxes on stock dividends while the IRS looked the other way, a Senate investigation found.

The IRS has neither enforced existing rules prohibiting the transactions nor tried to draft new standards, the 77-page report said.

“These are gimmicks peddled by American financial institutions to deny Uncle Sam taxes owed under our law,” Senator Carl Levin, who heads the panel, told reporters. “The IRS has pussyfooted on this.”

Morgan Stanley enabled foreign clients to avoid payment of more than $300 million in U.S. dividend taxes from 2000 to 2007. (THE SAME TIME THE REPUBLICANS RAN ALL THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT)

So, you are dumb to vote in the party that created these loopholes through bad bills and degegulations. But you have no clue how this collapse happened. Us Liberals were warning you for years that this stuff was going to happen but McCain and Bush kept saying the economy was strong.

They didn't see this coming? Bullshit. They created it. You didn't see it coming because they lied to you. Sucker.

So here Carl Levin, a Democrat, is trying to fix what the GOP did. But you'll overlook that because you think, "there all liars and their all corrupt".

Then stay home.

Except you are a wedge issue voter. You vote because of abortion. I can't wait until you can't afford to have a child because of McCain and then you get knocked up. But don't worry, he'll take your kid to fight in his 100 year war. End of days!!!! Ohhhh scary!!! You religous people are wack.

Sorry...but even if it is a worthwhile topic as to whether or not Obama has problems with judgement...people are already rolling their eyes at this one.

Most Americans (those who didn't pay attention to the primaries or those who 'don't like politics', for example), for better or worse, have a very short attention span for most issues. They hear about it, they form an opinion about it, they dismiss it.

By continually bringing it up...McCain runs the very real risk of annoying people into NOT voting for him.

In my opinion, unless some sort of new, shocking information comes up (like the mythical Michelle Obama saying racist things video nonsense), McCain/Palin would be wise to stick to the issues.

Sorry...but even if it is a worthwhile topic as to whether or not Obama has problems with judgement...people are already rolling their eyes at this one.

Most Americans (those who didn't pay attention to the primaries or those who 'don't like politics', for example), for better or worse, have a very short attention span for most issues. They hear about it, they form an opinion about it, they dismiss it.

By continually bringing it up...McCain runs the very real risk of annoying people into NOT voting for him.

In my opinion, unless some sort of new, shocking information comes up (like the mythical Michelle Obama saying racist things video nonsense), McCain/Palin would be wise to stick to the issues.

Perhaps if Obama would agree to debate McCain anywhere, anytime the issues could be discussed.:D

-Democratic Primary Debate April 16, 2008

Bill Ayers is, of course, the co-founder of the militant radical left organization Weatherman. As the Presidential race heads into the home stretch the Obama-Ayers connection is percolating and will soon come to a rapid boil. The factual connections between Obama and Ayers require answers.

These connections are:

1. The Annenberg Challenge
2. The Woods Fund of Chicago
3. Leadership Council of the Chicago Public Schools

The Annenberg Challenge

According to Wikipedia:

The Annenberg Challenge was made up of three constituent parts:

1. The Chicago School Reform Collaborative, co-chaired by William C. Ayers.
2. A Board of Directors initially recruited by the Collaborative, which was chaired from 1995 to 2000 by Barack Obama, at the time a practicing attorney.
3. The Chicago Schools Research Consortium, a research arm of the Challenge.

Wikipedia link here

The Woods Fund of Chicago

From Wikipedia:

The Woods Fund of Chicago is a philanthropic organization devoted to poverty relief and the promotion of social mobility, founded in 1941.

2001 Board Membership

Howard J. Stanback - Board Chair - Manager, New Kenwood, LLC
Maria G. Valdez - Board Vice Chair - Attorney-at-Law Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund
William C. Ayers - Distinguished Professor Of Education, University Of Illinois At Chicago
Cynthia M. Campbell - President, McCormick Theological Seminary
R. Eden Martin - President, Civic Committee And The Commercial Club
Barack Obama - State Legislator, University Of Chicago School Of Law, and Attorney at Law with Davis, Mine and Galland
Suzanne Boyle, Board Treasurer
Kristin Patton, Board Secretary

Wikipedia link here

Leadership Council of the Chicago Public Schools Education Fund

Obama was a member of the Leadership Council of the Chicago Public Schools Education Fund at the same time the father and brother of Ayers also served as members of the Leadership Council.

See here

As is often the case the possible "cover up" might be far worse for Obama if it turns out his association with Ayers was far more extensive than a "guy who lives in the neighborhood". The first step to putting this matter to rest is to get a simple question answered by Obama:

"Who hired you for the Annenberg Challenge?"

This would be the case if the American Public gave a flying fuck who Ayers is. However, they don't.

Perhaps if Obama would agree to debate McCain anywhere, anytime the issues could be discussed.

While I have been equally frustrated by Obama's lie about being willing to debate McCain "anywhere, anytime" I still think that it would be a mistake for McCain to rehash this info.

Obama will do his little, "I'm not responsible for things that other people did when I was 9, lets talk about the issues." And the American public will buy it.

The other problem with this line of questioning is that it is calling into question Barak Obama's judgement, his decency, his commonsense, etc. These are very personal areas. And if McCain goes after them he is going to have to face the cries that he is attacking Obama personally rather than attacking him on the issues...this almost NEVER works with the American public...who want candidates to play fair (well...who want the OTHER sides candidate to play fair).

We'll have to wait and see, of course. But for now, I'll put my money on the belief that if the McCain campaign tries to make an issue of Obama's connection to Ayers...it will be McCain who ends up losing.

While I have been equally frustrated by Obama's lie about being willing to debate McCain "anywhere, anytime" I still think that it would be a mistake for McCain to rehash this info.

Obama will do his little, "I'm not responsible for things that other people did when I was 9, lets talk about the issues." And the American public will buy it.

The other problem with this line of questioning is that it is calling into question Barak Obama's judgement, his decency, his commonsense, etc. These are very personal areas. And if McCain goes after them he is going to have to face the cries that he is attacking Obama personally rather than attacking him on the issues...this almost NEVER works with the American public...who want candidates to play fair (well...who want the OTHER sides candidate to play fair).

We'll have to wait and see, of course. But for now, I'll put my money on the belief that if the McCain campaign tries to make an issue of Obama's connection to Ayers...it will be McCain who ends up losing.

I too think it would a mistake for McCain to raise the issue. But I also think it is mistake for the media not to do their due diligence just as they are on Palin. Then let the chips fall where they may. The public is entitled to truthful answers and unbiased reporting on all the candidates.

well we got your official campaigns and then you have your millions of partisan hacks and then you have the media etc etc.
Apparently both campaigns are just willing to let this election just freewheel instead of putting out some solid stuff for people to chew on. The silly speculation and innuendos are mindboggling.

Go to the candidate websites, instead of just getting information from the nightly news. That's where the substance (when it exists) is.

Forum List

Back