The Quiz

Is the USA a democracy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL!!! 15 of you fell for that? Seems you need to go back and study up on real political history and not just swallow everything libertarians dish out. They're playing with words!!!

Constitutional republic

A constitutional republic is a state where the head of state and other officials are representatives of the people and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over all of its citizens.

The fact that a constitution exists that limits the government's power makes the state constitutional. That the head(s) of state and other officials are chosen by election, rather than inheriting their positions, and that their decisions are subject to judicial review makes a state republican.

Of course it is!!! When was the last time you took a civics course? Democracy isn't just one thing. There's "pure" democracy, where indeed 50.1% could disenfranchise 49.9%. However, there's also "representitve" democracy with constitutional guarantees, as we have. Any other explanation is just playing with words, a not-uncommon trick for the libertarians.

Then I am sure you will have no problem stating what the difference is between our supposed 'representative democracy' and what a constitutional republic is and how we are not one?

Seems we need it

Democracy is the whim of the masses where no ones rights and liberties are safe. We are and have always been a Constitutional Republic. And for good reason. The founding fathers studied the failed democracys of the past and all came to the same concludsion. Except for Hamiton. He wanted a democratic elected monarchy with unlimited power. Now Hamilton is the hero of the left and use his words and actions to get away with the destruction of the U.S. Constitution. But now Im rambleing.

Let me guess, you think the USA is a democracy?

Of course it is!!! When was the last time you took a civics course? Democracy isn't just one thing. There's "pure" democracy, where indeed 50.1% could disenfranchise 49.9%. However, there's also "representitve" democracy with constitutional guarantees, as we have. Any other explanation is just playing with words, a not-uncommon trick for the libertarians.

Then I am sure you will have no problem stating what the difference is between our supposed 'representative democracy' and what a constitutional republic is and how we are not one?

The deference between a represenative democracy and a constitutional republic.

1. Representative democracy consists of democratically elected represenativs who are not bound by the confines of a constitution and may pander to the people in any way of which they can get re elected without reguard to rights and liberties.

2. A Constitutional Republic confines democraticaly elected represenatives to the Constitution (The Supreme Law of the Land) and in this case, limits their power and ability to go beyind their enumerated authority and take the rights and liberties away from the people. This both protects the minority from the whims of the masses and prevents polititions from implimenting liberty ceasing laws because they are popular among the masses.

Though both involves representives that are democratically elected, neither is a democracy.

Last edited:
WE live in a representative Democracy if we happen to be of that class that Congress truly works for.

However, most of us basically live in a police state.

Not a particularly repressive one (yet, thanks to some of the world's best propagandists) but its been getting more and more controlling over time.

What astounds me is that so many of you guys are duped into thinking that the team you think you are part of (you're not, you are nobodies) are the good guys trying to prevent this continued erosion of your rights and your ability to survive, when in fact both teams are working toward that authoritarian end.

Wake up, kids.

The America most of you think you live in hasn't existed in my lifetime and where we're headed is way far away from the values and mythical America that most of you hold dear.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/133674-someone-explain-to-me.html

Forum List

Back