The Quiz

Is the USA a democracy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it disgusts you more than you think its a sin. How is it a sin by the way?

Wikipedia:

A distinct set of definitions for the word republic evolved in the United States. In common parlance a republic is a state that does not practice direct democracy but rather has a government indirectly controlled by the people. In the rest of the world this is known as representative democracy.

So there.

WE live in a representative Democracy if we happen to be of that class that Congress truly works for.

However, most of us basically live in a police state.

Not a particularly repressive one (yet, thanks to some of the world's best propagandists) but its been getting more and more controlling over time.

What astounds me is that so many of you guys are duped into thinking that the team you think you are part of (you're not, you are nobodies) are the good guys trying to prevent this continued erosion of your rights and your ability to survive, when in fact both teams are working toward that authoritarian end.

Wake up, kids.

The America most of you think you live in hasn't existed in my lifetime and where we're headed is way far away from the values and mythical America that most of you hold dear.

Last edited:
WE live in a representative Democracy if we happen to be of that class that Congress truly works for.

However, most of us basically live in a police state.

Not a particularly repressive one (yet, thanks to some of the world's best propagandists) but its been getting more and more controlling over time.

What astounds me is that so many of you guys are duped into thinking that the team you think you are part of (you're not, you are nobodies) are the good guys trying to prevent this continued erosion of your rights and your ability to survive, when in fact both teams are working toward that authoritarian end.

Wake up, kids.

The America most of you think you live in hasn't existed in my lifetime and where we're headed is way far away from the values and mythical America that most of you hold dear.

Most of us are quite aware of that fact. The problem is the lack of options. you try and try to vet each vote you cast so that you are voting for someone that truly will represent the people and then you end up with a lying sack of ----. What are you to do? Obama trumpets hope and change and we get more of the same. Bush claims we will pull our military back from policing the world and we expanded. There is a complete lack of real candidates. Has been for some time. It is not just at the presidential level too. Look at Harry Reid's election. He was a terrible candidate and then his opponent shows up only to outclass him in the deep end. That is what we are stuck with.

Of course it is!!! When was the last time you took a civics course? Democracy isn't just one thing. There's "pure" democracy, where indeed 50.1% could disenfranchise 49.9%. However, there's also "representitve" democracy with constitutional guarantees, as we have. Any other explanation is just playing with words, a not-uncommon trick for the libertarians.

Forum List

Back