The Quiet Time...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I like some quiet time to myself everyday.

For me, it's an hour or two after everyone else goes to bed. For my wife, it's early morning before anyone gets up.

During the quiet time it's usually reading or just couch potato time for me..:dunno:

Me, too, Lumpy1. Happy New Year to you and your familly. I was out of rep, and thought to myself, I owe Lumpy a couple, didn't see him around when I was handing out NY reps today. Hope the Lumpy1s stay safe & warm this winter. :)

2owls.jpg

For me, it's an hour or two after everyone else goes to bed. For my wife, it's early morning before anyone gets up.

During the quiet time it's usually reading or just couch potato time for me..:dunno:

I like tons of quiet time too, sweetheart. I also love time with customers, where I am fully engaged in selling and finding what they think they want. Then....hours of quiet. I could live without any sound but, music, actually. XOXOXO

A little music, something special to get you into the mood
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXhtwrnEOpE&feature=related]Celine Dion - All by myself - live 2008 - YouTube[/ame]

I don't do complete silence well for more than a few minutes. I will usually have the radio or music playing in the background whether or not I am actually paying any attention to it. I sleep to movies or television programs that have particular 'white noise' sound tracks for me. In the car, I always have the radio going again whether I'm paying any attention to it or not.

So 'quiet time' for me is those periods in which I give myself permission to not feel guilty that I'm not doing something useful or being productive.

I don't do complete silence well for more than a few minutes. I will usually have the radio or music playing in the background whether or not I am actually paying any attention to it. I sleep to movies or television programs that have particular 'white noise' sound tracks for me. In the car, I always have the radio going again whether I'm paying any attention to it or not.

So 'quiet time' for me is those periods in which I give myself permission to not feel guilty that I'm not doing something useful or being productive.

That's interesting, foxy.

I "never" feel guilty. Love that...:lol:

Exactly... I hate silence.

I usually go to my little shop and tinker with RC trucks. It is very relaxing to work with my hands.

DSCN3850.jpg

DSCN3562.jpg

Mornings, I grab coffee and a bite then head for anywhere away from the TV- quiet solace.

Log on to this shit forsaken place, post a few in my hungover state then venture out amongst my female populace.
Do the triple S, and I'm gone.
Lather rinse repeat.

Is that all there is?

Well my friend, then let's keep dancing- let's break out the booze and have a ball...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCRZZC-DH7M]Peggy Lee -- Is That All There Is? 1969 - YouTube[/ame]

Mornings, I grab coffee and a bite then head for anywhere away from the TV- quiet solace.

Log on to this shit forsaken place, post a few in my hungover state then venture out amongst my female populace.
Do the triple S, and I'm gone.
Lather rinse repeat.

Is that all there is?

Well my friend, then let's keep dancing- let's break out the booze and have a ball...

Peggy Lee -- Is That All There Is? 1969 - YouTube

I have been a singer and my style is very similar to hers. She is my dream.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxoAJ3Boyc]Peggy Lee: Fever! - YouTube[/ame]

EXACTLY the same in my house Lumpy. I'm a vampire and the wife is the early bird. LOL

For Mr. H......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htv81cinwiw&feature=related]PEGGY LEE at Her Sultry Best - Just for a Thrill - YouTube[/ame]

EXACTLY the same in my house Lumpy. I'm a vampire and the wife is the early bird. LOL

And in our house, I'm usually still puttering around at midnight and he is up with chickens at dawn.

Well.. I guess I'm not the only one.

Happy New Years to all you folks.....:D

And in our house, I'm usually still puttering around at midnight and he is up with chickens at dawn.

As for me I putter around until past midnight and up before the crack of dawn. I'm the one that wakes the chickens around here.

Forum List

Back