The quest for quiet pipes for a Harley.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
So I got me one. I payed 1,000 bucks for it, and I like it allot. It's has been neglected, but it's in good shape otherwise. The prior owner had punched the baffles and it's loud as hell. My neighbors hate me. I still want to keep the Harley sound, but I leave for work at 3:00PM and get home at midnight so my neighbors hate me, and it does get annoying on long rides.

image.jpeg

Dude, you've got stock pipes on the thing. Get some slip ons. EVO 1340 DYNA by the looks of it. Super glide? Low Rider? Guessing not a Wide Glide.

So I got me one. I payed 1,000 bucks for it, and I like it allot. It's has been neglected, but it's in good shape otherwise. The prior owner had punched the baffles and it's loud as hell. My neighbors hate me. I still want to keep the Harley sound, but I leave for work at 3:00PM and get home at midnight so my neighbors hate me, and it does get annoying on long rides.

View attachment 284955
/——-/ I didn’t know you could get a running Harley for $1,000

View attachment 284955
/——-/ I didn’t know you could get a running Harley for $1,000

It's like that old saying, "even a blind hog finds a truffle now and then". The prior owner can't ride anymore and it had become clutter.

Dude, you've got stock pipes on the thing. Get some slip ons. EVO 1340 DYNA by the looks of it. Super glide? Low Rider? Guessing not a Wide Glide.

Low rider yup. All the nuts and bolts are pitted out. And my head light fell off to, lol. Like I said, it had become clutter. Got it awhile ago and been riding it, but the sitting is starting to catch up to it.

A hog with out loud exhaust is a death ride.

I used to think that way, but honestly, I don't think it makes a difference. Not here anyway. I have almost been hit by other people on bikes. Some folks are just retarded.

A hog with out loud exhaust is a death ride.

I used to think that way, but honestly, I don't think it makes a difference. Not here anyway. I have almost been hit by other people on bikes. Some folks are just retarded.
There are a lot more than one might expect when riding.

I think hey we're always there, you just notice more on a bike, but motercycle riders are just as bad. I have seen riders texting while driving! Stunting and racing on the street, just being dicks. I have the bombed these guys both on bikes and in cars, and they never even look up! It's insane.

The stock pipes retain the "Harley sound" and should not be offensively loud.

SInce virtually all Harley owners toss the stock pipes shortly after acquiring the things, there should be lots of them out there gathering garage dust. Try craigslist.

The stock pipes retain the "Harley sound" and should not be offensively loud.

SInce virtually all Harley owners toss the stock pipes shortly after acquiring the things, there should be lots of them out there gathering garage dust. Try craigslist.

I have been looking . The stock mufflers (slip on's) are still there, they just had the baffles removed. I should be able to get by with new baffles I think?

View attachment 284955
Those pipes come on a honda

View attachment 284955

Not really. I always assumed the same thing to. I went to Stubbs HD before work today and explained my problem to the parts guy. He called a mechanic and the mechanic (who was way cooler then I expected him to be) took me into the shop and explained exaust baffles and all that. went back and talked to the parts guy and he was able to hook me up with OEM slide on mufflers. I pick them up on Saturday. I have a crap ton of neglect to address and I have to get it running again but I'm pretty sure I'll have the sound I'm looking for. Now, metric cruisers can be loud as HELL! The shop supervisor rides a Yamaha bolt and that thing is LOUD!

View attachment 284955

Not really. I always assumed the same thing to. I went to Stubbs HD before work today and explained my problem to the parts guy. He called a mechanic and the mechanic (who was way cooler then I expected him to be) took me into the shop and explained exaust baffles and all that. went back and talked to the parts guy and he was able to hook me up with OEM slide on mufflers. I pick them up on Saturday. I have a crap ton of neglect to address and I have to get it running again but I'm pretty sure I'll have the sound I'm looking for. Now, metric cruisers can be loud as HELL! The shop supervisor rides a Yamaha bolt and that thing is LOUD!
Sorry fat boys were never my idols

Forum List

Back