The queer's just keep pushing...

Gem said:
Can you clarify "crept into your consciousness" a bit for me?

When I felt sexual attraction towards men, in the beginning, I wasn't sure how to feel about it-- indeed, society being as heterosexually oriented as it is, it didn't even occur to me in the beginning that the subtle urges I was feeling were sexual. Over time, however, as I developed physically and cognitively, I was able to identify these are sexual and romantic feelings, and thus was able to come to terms with my sexuality as such.

Cheers =)

Few posting errors with thtreads and all, sorry.

Pale,

Having an attraction to the same sex in a sexual manner, and then acting upon it, is abnormal, perverse, and against nature

Again, a pure uninformed stance on the subject. I went to a Christian college (denomination if you want). Very conservative. There was one guy in the admin that was gay (thought so my fresh year, proved later as I get jobs in the admin). This person was gay. This person was a guy whom most would consider a "catch." But, he is gay. Did he lose his job? NO. Did people hate him NO. Was he beaten by some person who "thought" he made a "pass" at him? NO.

WHY?

Because he was abstain. Yes, a choice. But consider all your rant, and yes, rant, in light of your rant ALONE. All his life, in terms of partners. YES. He lived right across from the boy’s dorm (NO, not a catholic school, so don't even go there). So, NO, he was not a deceiving person.

Would you give this person rights? Would you?

Pale Rider said:
"All this talk"? C'mon now yurt, don't exaggerate. The mention was for me to stay out of S.F. during queer week.
Then no worries, just stay out. Unless you have shopping to do

My reaction was if a queer made a pass at me I'd bust 'em one.
You need help. Read aforementioned post about what you consider a not good-looking woman making a pass at you.

Well, I'm terribly sorry that reaction pisses so many of you peace and love liberals off, but that's the way it is.

Buddy, I voted for Bush. Get your facts straight or shut up.
That's me.

I make no apologies for it. I don't wish any other harm or malice to come to the queers.

You have a funny way of showing it. Real funny "pardner." Yeah, I am getting a little personal; think about it, you are insulting people, real personal. I do not approve of having inappropriate intercourse with men; this breeds uncleanness (and don't ask how, if you stick something in an orifice, and that orifice is dirty, you get dirty). But, to spout your hatred for men and women who like their same sex is utterly disgusting.

Talk about their "agenda." Ok. But do not ever, ever, talk, about "them" as a people in a manner that you can so cavalierly disregard as subhuman. For that, I disagree, not even respectfully, with your post.

You don't like it? Ok...

Be curious to see your reply.

Btw, your "disgusted lifestyle" would be interesting.

Posting problems. Sorry

So many people to respond to...

Pale,
"Stop policing me." LOL. You spout of this high-and-mighty nonsense about how I don't have a right to tell you that you're not making any point...and then tell me that I can't dicuss someone's homosexual or bisexuality in a thread about homosexuality....lol. What a joke.

Naked,
I'll be interested to see what becomes of your sexuality in the upcoming years. I had many friends in highschool and college who were bisexual...as they got older, left the university environment, entered the real world...grew up a bit. They realized that it wasn't for them...it was an entertaining fad that was incubated and encouraged in the "anything goes, we accept anything and everything in an attempt to rebel against society" atmosphere of most college campuses...and now was the time to be a grown up. It had nothing to do with them feeling pressured to drop the same-sex part of their personality, and everything to do with them outgrowing it. Not saying it happens for everyone...just most.

Bully,

I could be wrong, but I believe the problem with the SpongeBob video was not SpongeBob himself, but rather the accompanying "diversity acceptance statement" that the video encouraged children to sign stating that they would accept any one who was different for any reason, including sexual diversity.

Once again, the liberals, in an attempt to paint middle America as Bible-Thumping, have either missed the point or deliberately ignored it. It had nothing to do with the cartoon telling people to get along and like eachother...and everything to do with parents taking issue with a video and accompanying mission statement telling their children that they must accept people who are homosexual, bisexual, or transgendered. Parents felt that it was THEIR responsibility to teach their children about different sexual choices based upon THEIR families beliefs....not the schools trying to force their children into believing something that their family might not believe.

Would you be ok with schools teaching Muslim girls that the hijab is a silly custom and that they should stop wearing them because it made people uncomfortable? Would you be ok with schools forcing children to eat bacon if it was against their religious beliefs because it was part of the schools "nutritious lunch" program?

Probably not. SO why then, are you ok with a school forcing a child to believe that homosexuality is ok, if that child is part of a religion that does not believe that is so?

Bottom line: The problem with the SpongeBob Video was not the cartoon character...it was forcing children into a groupthink situation that might be diametrically opposed to what that child's religious beliefs were.

Oh and another thing.....

You've probably heard the argument that "homosexuality is OK because after all, the Greeks and Romans did it and they were great civilizations, so it can't hurt", right?

KM here to bust that one, too.

Here's the real dope behind homosexuality in the Greek and Roman worlds.

In the Greek world, homosexuality was practiced, but by upper class Athenian men. That is right, the practice was mostly restricted to Athens out of all those city states. Furthermore, the relationship was not between two men, but between a man and a boy. The older man would act as the aggressor and the boy as the passive one. However, the relationship was considered transitory, the boy was expected to eventually grow up and get married to a girl and have children. Any continuation of the relationship past that point was considered shameful.

The same thing with the Romans, most emperors in the early Empire had homosexual relations with boys, not other men.

That means the Oliver Stone depiction of Alexander fawning over one of his generals is a bunch of crap. If Alexander had that sort of relationship, it would have been with a young teenage boy. I'm sure Oliver Stone would have had a lot of 'splainin' to do to a judge if he depicted THAT. Instead, he distorts history, perpetuates a lie and is lauded as some kind of hero by the Left. Well... lying and distorting the the truth is a value of the Left, so it figures.

So, here is a summary. The Greeks and Romans had institutionalized sexual molestation of boys. The practice was confined to upper class males only, the general population did not practice it, most likely frowned upon it and considered the practice one of people with too much time on their hands.

Furthermore, because the culture of the upper class encouraged such behavior, the practice was widespread. That is to say, all or almost all Emperors practiced homosexuality, not 10% as might be expected if they were "born" that way. That is not to say that there weren't gay emperors the was one, Elagabulus. He was a Roman Emperor and was definitely gay, he was murdered within a few years along with his mother, partly for his openly gay lifestyle and partly because he tried introducing a new religion to replace the Roman one).

Got it? The Greeks and Romans molested young boys and had a great civilization, I doubt anyone on this board would argue that we should adopt the practice. Second, the practice was widespread amongst upper class males because it was encouraged, not because they were "born" that way. So learn something from history, if you have a culture that is tolerant of homosexuality, expect there to be a lot of it happening. And furthermore, lock up your sons, eventually there will be tolerance of molesting young boys, too.

Don't like what I just said? Tough! That's history, learn from it or be condemned to repeat the mistakes of the past!

Living on a university campus exposes you to people of all different racial, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as different sexualities.
Perhaps a lot of people from varying backgrounds, but with only one viewpoint. The diversity on most college campuses is strictly superficial, not intellectual or spiritual. If it were otherwise, there would be no speech codes on campuses today. Speech codes are nothing more than censorship by the Left.

Funny thing is that the 1960s radical hippies student activist who was hurling accusations of the "plastic society", and "fascist pigs" has grown up to be pretty intolerant and is running the very plastic society that he hated. In fact he has become every bit as plastic and fascist as the previous generation he spent trying to rebel against. Except instead of being different from his nemesis he has become little more than his mirror image.

Like I might have said in the 1960s..... "So like man, you're putting me down with that plastic scene of yours, ya dig man? That fascist Political Correctness shit is nothing but a bunch of lies that's putting down people with traditional values. Yeah, like they're trying to brainwash us with their PC propaganda and trying to make us phony and plastic like they are, man! F*** that shit man! Time to overthrow the PC fascist pigs and their domination of our universities! Get with it man, the scene isn't with the Left, it's with the Right, we're the new rebels, we're the ones who really want to change society. Power to the people, man! Let's start downsizing the greedy, power hungry university bureaucrats with their phony baloney jobs, their Brooks Brothers suits that don't do anything but try to push people around with their phony baloney rules and regulations. Just like Stalin and his bogus communist scene, man! Ya dig? Peace and Love! (except towards Islamofascist pigs)!"

ooooh! I'm groovin' and I'm movin'! I'm too cool for prime time!!!!!!! :)

"Meet the new boss... same as the old boss.... we don't get fooled again!" --- The Who

KarlMarx said:
Like I might have said in the 1960s..... "So like man, you're putting me down with that plastic scene of yours, ya dig man? That fascist Political Correctness shit is nothing but a bunch of lies that's putting down people with traditional values. Yeah, like they're trying to brainwash us with their PC propaganda and trying to make us phony and plastic like they are, man! F*** that shit man! Time to overthrow the PC fascist pigs and their domination of our universities! Get with it man, the scene isn't with the Left, it's with the Right, we're the new rebels, we're the ones who really want to change society. Power to the people, man! Let's start downsizing the greedy, power hungry university bureaucrats with their phony baloney jobs, their Brooks Brothers suits that don't do anything but try to push people around with their phony baloney rules and regulations. Just like Stalin and his bogus communist scene, man! Ya dig? Peace and Love! (except towards Islamofascist pigs)!

:rotflmao: :rock: :rotflmao: :rock: :rotflmao:

LOL - good one. And dat's the truf!

Here's a thought. It's all hypothetical, of course, but worth thinking about, in my opinion.

What if scientists found that there really is a gay gene?

Furthermore, what if tests were developed that would determine whether an unborn child was going to be gay/bisexual or not?

What if parents started aborting said babies?

How do you think the gay rights crowd would react?

After all, it's not a choice, it's a condition! And can be considered a disability! One that increases your risk of contracting certain illnesses and dying younger. One that would put an undue burden on the health care system in this country. Also, the parents might not "love" them enough, so they would be raised in a hostile environment.... all these arguments are now being used by the pro-abortion crowd.

Hey.... after all.... it's a woman's choice! .... isn't it?

Oh... but wait.... it's discriminatory against gays!

Holy cross dressers, Batman! What would we do then?!?!?!

• Thanks
Reactions: Gem
Yurt said:
Again, a pure uninformed stance on the subject. Would you give this person rights? Would you?

UNINFORMED? Are you insane? Thousands of years of life on earth, all of which contains "male" and "female" species, each made "FOR" eachother, and "I'M" uninformed?! My God man, you couldn't sound like more of an idiot if you tried.

Real funny "pardner." Yeah, I am getting a little personal; think about it, you are insulting people, real personal.

If you want to get personal, and you're no pardner asshole, then the discussion is over. We can just do some senseless bullshit name calling instead.

Talk about their "agenda." Ok. But do not ever, ever, talk, about "them" as a people in a manner that you can so cavalierly disregard as subhuman. For that, I disagree, not even respectfully, with your post.

I didn't ask for or need any of your pathetic respect boy. Get this once and for all, I think homosexuals are SICK, and should GET HELP. This party atmoshpere that is supposed to surround queers with their "gay" name, and every person that disagrees with them being brow beat into shuting up by imbiciles like you defending them is a huge crock of SHIT! People need to wake up and smell the coffee. Quit acting like homosexuality is cute. Quit giving homosexuality LEGITIMACY, and then MAYBE more of those who have these sick impulses will see a DOCTOR, instead of getting fucked up the ass.

And I've said this hundreds of times already on this board. I don't care what rights queers have. They can have every right any other person can have. "Special" rights are NOT warranted.

Btw, your "disgusted lifestyle" would be interesting.

So there it is right there. You think "heterosexuals" are "disgusting". Thank you very much for showing your liberal colors. You voted for Bush? But you're a closet liberal aye? Figures.

You've got none of my respect either, and you're still exagerating.

Gem said:
Pale,
"Stop policing me." LOL. You spout of this high-and-mighty nonsense about how I don't have a right to tell you that you're not making any point...and then tell me that I can't dicuss someone's homosexual or bisexuality in a thread about homosexuality....lol. What a joke.

Gem,

You miss my point entirely. I don't care if you disagree with me. You're free to disagree until you're blue in the face, WITH ANYONE. It's just you telling someone HOW they can RESPOND that's a little out of line.

I hope that was simple enough for you to understand.

No joke.

nakedemperor said:
Living on a university campus exposes you to people of all different racial, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as different sexualities. Nowhere else can you find such a diverse population interested in developing their minds; living among these people in a rigorous academic environment has taught me more about everyday life, common sense, and the difference between right and wrong than any other period in my life.

So does working WITH these people in the REAL WORLD! Realty check...college campuses are FAR from the real world life. I moved out and supported myself from the time I was 18-I have never moved back with parents. I never once asked for help from mommy and daddy, or anyone for that matter. Most college kids are still living off mom and dad's dollar. And that's usually the way it stays because they can't handle that everything isn't handed to them, or that life isn't easy or fair. Or a never-ending Frat party.

Like I said, if I wanted to, I could find another job within a week if my current one ended tomorrow. I have done it before, just after 9/11 actually.

nakedemperor said:
This is a horrible and completely erroneous statement. Most professors regardless of political affiliation, are most interested in academic excellence, education, etc. and it is part of their profession and in their own best interests to avoid "indoctrination". Of course there are some bad apples, but by and large teachers are altruistic, giving, caring people.

Prove it. Colleges, especially high-buck ones like Harvard are infested with liberal professors, and I'll be damned if they don't push their bias onto you.

nakedemperor said:
To borrow a line from The Dude, that's just like, your opinion, man.

You sound pretty preachy for a person that doesn't understand the fundamental tenant of higher education: you get out of it what you put into it. Cheers.

Don't you ever get tired of your own bullshit?

You're pretty preachy yourself, but that is a curse of being a liberal. You think that just because you went to an expensive school, you have a self-righteous mind to talk to others like you are some sort of all-knowing guru on life or somehow more special that the rest.

fuzzykitten99 said:
So does working WITH these people in the REAL WORLD! Realty check...college campuses are FAR from the real world life. I moved out and supported myself from the time I was 18-I have never moved back with parents. I never once asked for help from mommy and daddy, or anyone for that matter. Most college kids are still living off mom and dad's dollar. And that's usually the way it stays because they can't handle that everything isn't handed to them, or that life isn't easy or fair. Or a never-ending Frat party.

Like I said, if I wanted to, I could find another job within a week if my current one ended tomorrow. I have done it before, just after 9/11 actually.

Prove it. Colleges, especially high-buck ones like Harvard are infested with liberal professors, and I'll be damned if they don't push their bias onto you.

You're pretty preachy yourself, but that is a curse of being a liberal. You think that just because you went to an expensive school, you have a self-righteous mind to talk to others like you are some sort of all-knowing guru on life or somehow more special that the rest.

Agree or not, FuzzyKitten has claws! :fifty:

fuzzykitten99 said:

Your story is inspirational.

Mmm. I suppose you think people who take advantage of their parents' financial success to invest in their higher education are spineless brats who won't learn as much about life as a college dropout? Even if they work their asses of and don't go to the frat parties?

HEY. ANYONE AWAKE IN THERE? You think ANY professionals could do their jobs well or get a job without college? Lawyers? Doctors? Engineers?

Not freakin' lifely. I contend that college gives you the specialized skills you need to succeed in your chosen high-skill profession. I'm sure your physician has a high school degree, and that's it, right? Because he or she is a self-made person who didn't need bullshit college books to learn about diagnosing the world's diseases?

Fuzzykitten99 said:

Let me list the jobs that someone who dropped out of college would have to work 10 years before being considered or qualified for. Better yet, why don't you look around you and identify those spoiled, lazy brats who got whre they are because of mom and dad's money. You know the reality is maybe they did...AND THAT'S OK!

fuzzykitten00 said:

I don't know of any studies to prove for or against my point. I'm going on personal experience.

fuzzkitten99 said:

You couldn't be more wrong. My parents taught me that presumptousness and pride are not positive things, and while I may lapse into them occasionally, I contend that your presumptions concerning how a parent-funded college student liberal thinks dictate your words towards me far more than what I've said and done do.

nakedemperor said:
HEY. ANYONE AWAKE IN THERE? You think ANY professionals could do their jobs well or get a job without college? Lawyers? Doctors? Engineers?

Not freakin' lifely. I contend that college gives you the specialized skills you need to succeed in your chosen high-skill profession. I'm sure your physician has a high school degree,

not true outside the US silver spoon boy

Sir Evil said:
My take on that one NE would be to enjoy it as much as possible while you can, after school life chages almost altogether, well tothe point of how you may see the world anyway. I think you are absolutely making the right move with school but you have to admit that way too many college student are very active libs. I have known so many that have changed there views withing a few years of their schooling and some who haven't but it gives some credence to the thought. I simply suggest seeing if your political views are exacting say five years from now.

I don't doubt they will change... we should like, freeze all my posts in a time capsul and revisit them in like 5-10 years =)

Forum List

Back