The Queers are at it again!!!!!!!!

When you do 'male' does that connotate 'gay male'? If so, then like I said before if the gay male provokes and assults Jim then Jim can react in self defense. But if the gay male just flirts with Jim and Jim hits the guy because he is gay, that is a hate crime.

Again I disagree. You denigrate the questionable idea of 'hate crimes' altogether. To my way of thinking, IF for instance some guys go after gays exiting a gay bar and beat them, THAT would qualify for a hate crime-as the laws we have today stand. Same as if some kluckers go after blacks, jews, catholics, just because of what group they belong to.

On the other hand, if my tolerance for being 'hit upon' results in me slapping someone or punching someone, because they wouldn't take, 'No' for an answer, then I committed battery, not a hate crime. We are both at fault, me moreso.

I'm not going to claim to be any type of medical professional, but homosexuals have a serious abnormality, whether it be through genes or choice. Either way, treatment is the way to go, not acknowledging their behavior as 'equal'.

And I ask what is the treatment for curing gays? Do you have any medical journal references or is this purely biased opinion?

Have you given the thought that in fact homosexuality might have a role in our world whether you can see it or not? Evolution is more than just sexuality and reproduction. and maybe scientists need to relook at evolution. However if you are a creationist then I won't waste my words on evolution banter.

Again I disagree. You denigrate the questionable idea of 'hate crimes' altogether. To my way of thinking, IF for instance some guys go after gays exiting a gay bar and beat them, THAT would qualify for a hate crime-as the laws we have today stand. Same as if some kluckers go after blacks, jews, catholics, just because of what group they belong to.

On the other hand, if my tolerance for being 'hit upon' results in me slapping someone or punching someone, because they wouldn't take, 'No' for an answer, then I committed battery, not a hate crime. We are both at fault, me moreso.

I'm just going by the wiki definition of 'hate crime'.

Sure you committed battery, but if they physically touched you its self defense and the courts would work in your favor being female and I see nothing wrong with that.

And I ask what is the treatment for curing gays? Do you have any medical journal references or is this purely biased opinion?

Intensive therapy for starters. Not sure after that, but like I said, I'm not the medical professional.

Have you given the thought that in fact homosexuality might have a role in our world whether you can see it or not? Evolution is more than just sexuality and reproduction. and maybe scientists need to relook at evolution. However if you are a creationist then I won't waste my words on evolution banter.

I'm neither, I'm just a regular guy that abhors homosexual activity, and find the very thought to be sickening.

I'm just going by the wiki definition of 'hate crime'.

Sure you committed battery, but if they physically touched you its self defense and the courts would work in your favor being female and I see nothing wrong with that.

Again, I really don't care about the Wiki definition or the fact that there are over 20 state definitions of hate crimes. Bottom line we should all agree on is that there is a difference between getting slapped, hit, punched because one of us crosses lines, whether of homo or hetero behavior-than the idea of hate crimes, which to me embody the serious crime of beating, killing, torturing someone solely because of what one 'is.'

Now let me say, I really do not buy into the whole idea of hate crimes, as we have very serious attempted murder, etc on the books. Enforce them-to the max.

Like I said, some guys that choose to grab some gays coming out of a bar, tie them to cars and drag them through the street, assault with brooms, bottles, etc-those would be hate crimes. They also qualify for attempted murder, rape, etc.

But if the gay male just flirts with Jim and Jim hits the guy because he is gay, that is a hate crime.
Well, if the government is going to be in the business of making thought and motivation part of the crime not just the act of commiting a crime, then perhaps flirting with the same sex will one day be a crime. Some may find it so offensive to be flirted with from the same sex that the act of flirting will be a crime.

I'm neither, I'm just a regular guy that abhors homosexual activity, and find the very thought to be sickening.

Believe me I have no desire to think about homosexuality in the bedroom, but that is just one slice of the pie of being gay and we should not chastise them for that one slice that is different.

Well, if the government is going to be in the business of making thought and motivation part of the crime not just the act of commiting a crime, then perhaps flirting with the same sex will one day be a crime. Some may find it so offensive to be flirted with from the same sex that the act of flirting be a crime.

Preparation and motive are absoultely part of a crime. Plus you can goto prison just for hiring a hitman without him killing anyone. I sure hope flirting doesn't become a crime, it's fun and the bars would be empty.

hmm I disagree, I feel very strongly in protecting women in society. If a guy grabs your butt, you slap him to hell! It's not a hate crime because being male is not a special social group.

and there in lies why this society sucks on the moment.....a gay dude can grab my ass and i can't do shit...a woman can grab my ass and i can't do shit....a minoritiy can grab my ass and i can't do shit.....but if so much as fill in the blank i am toast ..... specail rules and rights for everyone but straight white guys

Believe me I have no desire to think about homosexuality in the bedroom, but that is just one slice of the pie of being gay and we should not chastise them for that one slice that is different.

Yes, but they shouldn't be given additional rights because they are a couple slices shy of normalcy.

Preparation and motive are absoultely part of a crime. Plus you can goto prison just for hiring a hitman without him killing anyone. I sure hope flirting doesn't become a crime, it's fun and the bars would be empty.

That was my point. Hate crimes, no matter if this category is justified or not, should require planning and the motivation being hate. Reacting wrongly to an advance by someone you are prejudiced against, be it ugly people, fat people, black people, gay people, is not a hate crime, though may well be a crime.

As I said, if I bash a guy over the head with a glass because he would not take 'shove off' nicely, or a woman that was hitting on me, I'm more guilty than they since I took to the violent mode. It was not however a 'hate crime' mode.

and there in lies why this society sucks on the moment.....a gay dude can grab my ass and i can't do shit...a woman can grab my ass and i can't do shit....a minoritiy can grab my ass and i can't do shit.....but if so much as fill in the blank i am toast ..... specail rules and rights for everyone but straight white guys

I agree, but also white males don't have a 2000 year history of being abused and oppressed.

Yes you can, but you'll get in trouble. You grab mine and I'll bash you! Who'll be in more trouble? Well maybe we'll get lucky with the cops, they'll let us both cool off?

Plus you can goto prison just for hiring a hitman without him killing anyone.
My point is hate crimes are redunant. If Jim were to beat someone for what ever reason, that in itself is a crime. It should not matter what the motivation behind the act was.

Making a contract to kill someone is a crime, true. Wanting to kill someone is not a crime.

I agree, but also white males don't have a 2000 year history of being abused and oppressed.

Sure they do, as do we all. Get off of the victim road-not you personally, just the idea of. I'm saying that as a 50+ divorced, deaf woman. Trust me, I have many reasons for 'victimhood.'

Preparation and motive are absoultely part of a crime. Plus you can go to prison just for hiring a hitman without him killing anyone. I sure hope flirting doesn't become a crime, it's fun and the bars would be empty.

How I missed this? Well you should!

Sure they do, as do we all. Get off of the victim road-not you personally, just the idea of. I'm saying that as a 50+ divorced, deaf woman. Trust me, I have many reasons for 'victimhood.'

I am a white male! Are you saying homosexuals, minorities and women haven't been abused and oppressed for thousands of years?

agreed, but that doesn't mean the original rights aren't flawed and could be altered to include them :)

If they're flawed, they're flawed for everyone. I would really hate to see things altered to appease those with abnormal perversions, it just makes no sense to me at all.

I am a white male! Are you saying homosexuals, minorities and women haven't been abused and oppressed for thousands of years?

They lived in the times they lived in. Problem with today, we are trying to give rights today, based on what happend 2k or 200 or 100 or 50 or 20 years ago. Everyone should get over it and deal with now.

Forum List

Back