The Queers are at it again!!!!!!!!

Thought.

Homosexuals say they can't change the way they are, right?

That it's inborn?

And that they shouldn't be denied "equality" because of that?

OK.

What if anti-homosexuality is inborn? What if I don't have a "choice" about being anti-homosexual, I just am? Because that's how I was born?

Thought.

That it's inborn?

OK.

What if anti-homosexuality is inborn? What if I don't have a "choice" about being anti-homosexual, I just am? Because that's how I was born?
There's a difference between disliking a group of people and being something. That kind of circular logic is completely fallible and plain retarded.

Thought.

That it's inborn?

OK.

And what if I'm born hating Christians? Or Jews? Or what if I was born to hate people of Irish ancestry? Does that mean that they should not have the same rights as others?

You can hate gays all you want and no one can change that, but your pursuit (or any anti-gay person) to exclude homosexuals from legal equality is different from them trying to achieve equality. They're not trying to place restrictions on you (they're not telling you to be gay or accept gay people), but you are trying to place restrictions on them.

Human nature can be changed. Human nature has been changed. And Human nature must be changed on a much grander scale than it already has to keep us from destroying ourselves.

To deny man his moral agency to choose his behavior is to deny responsibility for ones actions. It's to deny the freedom inherent in every human being.

People like to think they have no control over their sexual appetites. but its blatantly untrue. We do have control. And as long as you deny the power you have to make your own choices in life rather than letting your hormones make the choices, the longer you will be in bondage and miserable. Because happiness comes from rising above the primal urges and becoming something greater than you currently are. It comes from doing whats right even when your body and society tells you otherwise.

People seem to forget that the key to self government is to govern ourselves. We arent governing ourselves when we deny we have choices and do whatever we feel like or even worse abdicating our choices to the state or federal government. We are just being lazy and making ourselves slaves to our passions.

Agreed but with caveat. I have never desired or experienced sexual relations with a member of my own biological sex. I recognize, however, there are those that for some reason unknown to me that are only attracted to members of their own sex. Even psychiatrists recognize this as fact and not personal choice as you like to describe it. But, maybe you are different. Are you restraining yourself from homosexual tendencies but making the choice to conform to hetero relationships? If so, you are just a closet queer and you need to respect yourself.

Human nature can be changed. Human nature has been changed. And Human nature must be changed on a much grander scale than it already has to keep us from destroying ourselves.

To deny man his moral agency to choose his behavior is to deny responsibility for ones actions. It's to deny the freedom inherent in every human being.

People like to think they have no control over their sexual appetites. but its blatantly untrue. We do have control. And as long as you deny the power you have to make your own choices in life rather than letting your hormones make the choices, the longer you will be in bondage and miserable. Because happiness comes from rising above the primal urges and becoming something greater than you currently are. It comes from doing whats right even when your body and society tells you otherwise.

People seem to forget that the key to self government is to govern ourselves. We arent governing ourselves when we deny we have choices and do whatever we feel like or even worse abdicating our choices to the state or federal government. We are just being lazy and making ourselves slaves to our passions.

This is the entire point of the homosexual expectations for equality within our society. They aren't trying to change you, regulate you or deny you anything at all. Why do you insist on changing, regulating and denying them anything at all? After all, conservatism dictates personal freedoms yet they are the first to attempt regulation of the freedoms of anyone other than themselves. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Psychoblues

I don't get why there is so much resistance to the gay rights movement. What exactly is wrong with it? All it really comes down to is small minded fear and arrogance.

I don't live my life thinking that there is a ceiling that prevents me from being able to achieve my goals.

Anything I don't achieve is more or less due to laziness, anyway :)

I don't get why there is so much resistance to the gay rights movement. What exactly is wrong with it? All it really comes down to is small minded fear and arrogance.

Agreed, people should just worry about what makes themselves happy, not someone trying to control someone elses. I voted for gay marriage to pass in WI this past election, unfortunately my vote was not enough.

But, but, but, Greg!!!!!!!! We're talking about the very foundation of mankind, civilization and the United States of America here!!!!!!!!

As I believe "marriage" to be a religious consideration rather than a governmental entity of human behavioural dictate I don't know if I could ever bring myself to voting either way on the issue. I would, however, vote for the rights of gay and lesbian couples to enjoy all benefits and considerations as afforded to straight couples and if that meant yea or nay on the marriage issue then I would certainly vote yea.

Agreed, people should just worry about what makes themselves happy, not someone trying to control someone elses. I voted for gay marriage to pass in WI this past election, unfortunately my vote was not enough.

Thanks for letting me know that you do indeed have some cajones and will tell it like you believe it. You're a champion with me!!!!!!

Psychoblues

There's a difference between disliking a group of people and being something. That kind of circular logic is completely fallible and plain retarded.

You're claiming to be something and he is posing a hypothetical question about claiming to be something else. It's hardly retarded simply because ti doesn't support what you claim to be.

And what if I'm born hating Christians? Or Jews? Or what if I was born to hate people of Irish ancestry? Does that mean that they should not have the same rights as others?

You can hate gays all you want and no one can change that, but your pursuit (or any anti-gay person) to exclude homosexuals from legal equality is different from them trying to achieve equality. They're not trying to place restrictions on you (they're not telling you to be gay or accept gay people), but you are trying to place restrictions on them.

The fallicy to your argument is gays have every right everyone else does under the Constitution. They are no more restricted that heterosexuals, and no one is attempting to place restrictions on them.

What they don't have is a special law that caters exclusively to their abnormal behavior, and rightly so.

You're claiming to be something and he is posing a hypothetical question about claiming to be something else. It's hardly retarded simply because ti doesn't support what you claim to be.
There is a possibility that being gay is inborn (I believe for 95% of the time it is inborn). Hating someone is a learned trait or a fear of what the person does not understand or comprehend.

The fallicy to your argument is gays have every right everyone else does under the Constitution. They are no more restricted that heterosexuals, and no one is attempting to place restrictions on them.

What they don't have is a special law that caters exclusively to their abnormal behavior, and rightly so.

Seems fair to me.:eusa_whistle:

Not necessarily, Kagom.

Let's assume homosexuality is genetic in basis. Acting on homosexual urges is a choice, and perhaps for some it is an easier choice than for others. But let's consider the bio-chemical forces that might be in play for a homosexual. More to the point, if we allow this consideration at all, then we must also consider the possibility of a bio-chemical component to those who are anti-homosexual.

Think in terms of pheromones. If a homosexual's body produces pheromones which contribute to their sexual preferences, and a heterosexual's body produces pheromones which contribute to their preferences, then what happens when people with contradictory pheromones interact?

My point Kagom, is that if you would have the general public accept the idea that homosexuality is a biological condition with genetic factors, then you have to be willing to explore the idea that heterosexuality is likewise based, and that the conflict between homosexual and heterosexual biologies could make interpersonal conflict "natural."

Make sense to ya? I've got a few hundred things going on right now and I may not be as clear as I sometimes am.

You voted FOR giving homosexuals special rights - rights the rest of us don't have?

:(

I don't know what you're so upset about. I'm sure they'll extend the right to you too if you want it that badly. :razz:

"We must recognize that many gay and lesbian couples in New Jersey are in committed relationships and deserve the same benefits and rights as every other family in this state," Gov. Jon S. Corzine said in signing the legislation

I know Gunny has mentioned this already but I didn't see anyone reply. They are asking for the same rights as heterosexuals, but what's wrong with that argument is that THEY DO currently have those very same rights. What they are really asking for is altering the rights to receive additional benefits. As men, we ALL have identical rights. And you women ALL have identical rights. As for getting married, we ALL have identical rights.

The only change would be a change ADDING the right for same sex couples to 'benefit' from their abnormalities.

There is a possibility that being gay is inborn (I believe for 95% of the time it is inborn). Hating someone is a learned trait or a fear of what the person does not understand or comprehend.

Homosexuality is a behavioral disorder which is a learned trait. There is evidence to support the behavior, but none to support your theory that happens to support your lifestyle.

Fearing difference and/or the unknown is a natural instinct most animals and people possess.

Why do the homo's not get it? I'm sorry but it appears real simple to me. Understand I have not one single care rather two men want to screw each other. I just can't give a damn. I do however, NOT want to pay their expensive hospital bills when they rot from diseases associated with being HIV positive. Don't even offer up the argument that there is no direct relation between homoing and Aids. The statistics already clearly show homo's are WAY more likely to become HIV positive. That is a very good reason NOT to allow gay marriage.

Look, I'm sorry but I am a taxpayer. I do not want to pay social security benefits to the survuving member of a gay relationship/marriage/civil union, whatever you call it. It is not the same as a REAL marriage. Real marriages have children. THat is right race fans, married folks can BREED! Rather you are aware of it or not that is the primary reason the sexes are different. Breeding!!!!!!!

Say it after me everyone. B R E E D I N G!

Breeding.

Very Good! You Know, survival of the human race. The mere action of homosexuality in itself is one that would destroy the human race people.

OK Psycho, tell me what an insensative idiot I am!

Forum List

Back