The Putin Payback: Why would we hire a KGB linked security company to do security on the US Embassy?

That's a damned good question. We reaalllyy need to get rid of all of those obummer and shrilary people who infest the State Dept. They are clearly bat poop crazy.
OMG You're blaming this on Obama and Clinton. How pathetic. Who is in charge now? Trump. Blame it on Trump, the one who kisses Putin's ass daily.

U.S. Hires Company With K.G.B. Link to Guard Moscow Embassy

When you owe Russia, you owe them hard..

15Russia-master768.jpg

When President Vladimir V. Putin in July ordered American diplomatic missions in Russia to slash their staff by 755 employees, the State Department said it would need time to assess the “impact of such a limitation and how we will respond to it.”

Part of that response has now become clear: To make up for the loss of security guards axed in the Russian-mandated staff cuts, Washington has hired a private Russian company that grew out of a security business co-founded by Mr. Putin’s former K.G.B. boss, an 82-year-old veteran spy who spent 25 years planting agents in Western security services and hunting down their operatives.

Under a $2.8 million no-bid contract awarded by the Office of Acquisitions in Washington, security guards at the American Embassy in Moscow and at consulates in St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok will be provided by Elite Security Holdings, a company closely linked to the former top K.G.B. figure, Viktor G. Budanov, a retired general who rose through the ranks to become head of Soviet counterintelligence.

-End

I guess not only are the US Intel agencies a "joke" but so are the Marines because now logging in visitors will be handled by Russia.

Here check this out from the article:

Marines will continue to guard American diplomatic missions, but tasks previously handled by local guards hired directly by the embassy in Moscow, like screening visitors, will be taken over Elite Security employees. Hiring guards directly allowed closer monitoring of their backgrounds, but any Russian working for an American diplomatic mission, no matter how closely screened, is vulnerable to pressure from Russia’s state security apparatus.

Paperwork for this seems to be in order. You need a license to operate a security firm and this ONE company has licenses at all four locations. See the Justification for Sole Source Award at

file:///C:/Users/hp4/Downloads/US_Mission_Russia_17R0554_-_J&A_FBO.pdf

Seems like this deal of expelling diplomats worked in Putin's favor. The choice is to "shut them down" or hire licensed Russian local firms. What's YOUR solution genius?? Or MadCow's??

Read the award paperwork before you speculate on how to fix this.. :banana:

You're right, what could be the solution here besides letting the KGB affiliated security firm take over? How about, not.

Or are you so dense you want to make this about me and you for no reason?

Because I'm almost certain that your sources are not informing you of the "checkmate" that Putin put us in when we started this expelling diplomats war. There's a REAL PROBLEM. We cannot provide everyday CASUAL security for those embassies. And since "security companies" are HIGHLY regulated in Russia, the choices for ONE that could operate in all 4 locations are VERY limited.

It's time the partisans stopped trying to score CHEAP POLITICAL points and got educated enough to PROPOSE SOLUTIONS.. Did you hear any alternate SOLUTIONS from MadCow? Doubt that you did..

FIX IT --- don't whine about it and imagine "you got him now"... :cranky:

Oh cut the shit. Youre mad because I dont see using a KGB company for our embassy? Well boo hoo. Let that be cause to stand by. Me? Even tho your "What can we do" attitude is silly, I'm more worried about the fucking Russian hacks controlling the access to our Embassy.

Then find an alternative. The agency procuring the contract SAID -- there was none. You leftists are living like 30 years in the past with regards to Russia. You need to read this from 1999 where your "BAD GUY" teamed up with our ex NSA/CIA spooks to do business. You want to set that relation back to the Cold War days..

The Nation: Rent-a-Spy; Cold War Foes Join as Capitalist Tools

By LESLIE WAYNEFEB. 7, 1999

IF anyone had suggested during the cold war that former C.I.A. and K.G.B. agents would one day be working together as business partners to provide sensitive information to American corporations, the idea would have seemed too far-fetched to be believed.

But that is exactly what is happening today as hundreds of out-of-work spies from the United States and Russia are joining hands in the pursuit of capitalism, providing protection, intelligence and political risk assessments to American companies extending their reach to emerging markets and other global hot spots.

They include men like Gen. Viktor Budanov, a former chief of counterintelligence for the K.G.B., who formed a joint venture with Gerard P. Burke, who was once assistant director of the National Security Agency. Mr. Budanov heads the Moscow office of Parvus International, a business intelligence firm in Silver Spring, Md., founded by Mr. Burke that employs former C.I.A., K.G.B. and Soviet-bloc agents.

''We do not talk about our former jobs,'' Mr. Budanov said. ''We are in a new life and we are now partners in the same boat of helping our American clients.''

Even the American Society for Industrial Security, a trade group with 35,000 members representing private security companies, has a Moscow chapter with about 35 ex-employees of the Soviet intelligence agency.

BUT don't the spies feel a little weird about working side by side with their former adversaries? Apparently not.

''Yes, our countries were enemies, but many of us were friends,'' Mr. Rustmann said. ''The fact is, when I was in Libya I had lots of K.G.B. friends. Our backgrounds are similar, our psychology and training are similar. We used to go on picnics together and our families were friends. I was always trying to recruit Boris and he was trying to recruit me.''

Mr. Burke said in the six years that Parvus has been doing business in Moscow, only once did a client -- a Fortune 100 company -- raise questions about whether former K.G.B. agents were trustworthy. Mr. Burke dealt with this concern by slowly introducing his K.G.B. staffers to the American client and then increasing their level of responsibility and accessibility to corporate secrets.

Everytime I read this guy's name -- I think of the Rocky/Bullwinkle show where the Russian spy dude's name was Boris Badanov.

Go find an alternative. I'm sure the procurement agencies would appreciate your knowledgable and capable help.. :uhh:

15Russia-master768.jpg

When President Vladimir V. Putin in July ordered American diplomatic missions in Russia to slash their staff by 755 employees, the State Department said it would need time to assess the “impact of such a limitation and how we will respond to it.”

Part of that response has now become clear: To make up for the loss of security guards axed in the Russian-mandated staff cuts, Washington has hired a private Russian company that grew out of a security business co-founded by Mr. Putin’s former K.G.B. boss, an 82-year-old veteran spy who spent 25 years planting agents in Western security services and hunting down their operatives.

Under a $2.8 million no-bid contract awarded by the Office of Acquisitions in Washington, security guards at the American Embassy in Moscow and at consulates in St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok will be provided by Elite Security Holdings, a company closely linked to the former top K.G.B. figure, Viktor G. Budanov, a retired general who rose through the ranks to become head of Soviet counterintelligence.

-End

I guess not only are the US Intel agencies a "joke" but so are the Marines because now logging in visitors will be handled by Russia.

Marines will continue to guard American diplomatic missions, but tasks previously handled by local guards hired directly by the embassy in Moscow, like screening visitors, will be taken over Elite Security employees. Hiring guards directly allowed closer monitoring of their backgrounds, but any Russian working for an American diplomatic mission, no matter how closely screened, is vulnerable to pressure from Russia’s state security apparatus.

Paperwork for this seems to be in order. You need a license to operate a security firm and this ONE company has licenses at all four locations. See the Justification for Sole Source Award at

Seems like this deal of expelling diplomats worked in Putin's favor. The choice is to "shut them down" or hire licensed Russian local firms. What's YOUR solution genius?? Or MadCow's??

You're right, what could be the solution here besides letting the KGB affiliated security firm take over? How about, not.

Because I'm almost certain that your sources are not informing you of the "checkmate" that Putin put us in when we started this expelling diplomats war. There's a REAL PROBLEM. We cannot provide everyday CASUAL security for those embassies. And since "security companies" are HIGHLY regulated in Russia, the choices for ONE that could operate in all 4 locations are VERY limited.

It's time the partisans stopped trying to score CHEAP POLITICAL points and got educated enough to PROPOSE SOLUTIONS.. Did you hear any alternate SOLUTIONS from MadCow? Doubt that you did..

Oh cut the shit. Youre mad because I dont see using a KGB company for our embassy? Well boo hoo. Let that be cause to stand by. Me? Even tho your "What can we do" attitude is silly, I'm more worried about the fucking Russian hacks controlling the access to our Embassy.

Then find an alternative. The agency procuring the contract SAID -- there was none. You leftists are living like 30 years in the past with regards to Russia. You need to read this from 1999 where your "BAD GUY" teamed up with our ex NSA/CIA spooks to do business. You want to set that relation back to the Cold War days..

IF anyone had suggested during the cold war that former C.I.A. and K.G.B. agents would one day be working together as business partners to provide sensitive information to American corporations, the idea would have seemed too far-fetched to be believed.

But that is exactly what is happening today as hundreds of out-of-work spies from the United States and Russia are joining hands in the pursuit of capitalism, providing protection, intelligence and political risk assessments to American companies extending their reach to emerging markets and other global hot spots.

They include men like Gen. Viktor Budanov, a former chief of counterintelligence for the K.G.B., who formed a joint venture with Gerard P. Burke, who was once assistant director of the National Security Agency. Mr. Budanov heads the Moscow office of Parvus International, a business intelligence firm in Silver Spring, Md., founded by Mr. Burke that employs former C.I.A., K.G.B. and Soviet-bloc agents.

''We do not talk about our former jobs,'' Mr. Budanov said. ''We are in a new life and we are now partners in the same boat of helping our American clients.''

Even the American Society for Industrial Security, a trade group with 35,000 members representing private security companies, has a Moscow chapter with about 35 ex-employees of the Soviet intelligence agency.

BUT don't the spies feel a little weird about working side by side with their former adversaries? Apparently not.

''Yes, our countries were enemies, but many of us were friends,'' Mr. Rustmann said. ''The fact is, when I was in Libya I had lots of K.G.B. friends. Our backgrounds are similar, our psychology and training are similar. We used to go on picnics together and our families were friends. I was always trying to recruit Boris and he was trying to recruit me.''

Mr. Burke said in the six years that Parvus has been doing business in Moscow, only once did a client -- a Fortune 100 company -- raise questions about whether former K.G.B. agents were trustworthy. Mr. Burke dealt with this concern by slowly introducing his K.G.B. staffers to the American client and then increasing their level of responsibility and accessibility to corporate secrets.

Everytime I read this guy's name -- I think of the Rocky/Bullwinkle show where the Russian spy dude's name was Boris Badanov.

Go find an alternative. I'm sure the procurement agencies would appreciate your knowledgable and capable help.. :uhh:

Do you believe Putin over our on intelligence agencies when he says Russia didn't interfere with our elections? That is a yes/no question. Not an invitation to tap dance and try to change the subject.

Do you believe Putin over our on intelligence agencies when he says Russia didn't interfere with our elections? That is a yes/no question. Not an invitation to tap dance and try to change the subject.

That is --- changing the subject actually. Isn't it? I understand the history of those Russian efforts going back to the cold war better than most. But that's not a factor in solving the IMMEDIATE problem of operating our embassies when were now in a "mini cold war" with expelling Mission Staff....

It's a simple tactical problem for which YOU FOLKS are not giving any alternatives. At this point, you either CLOSE THEM or you hire the very few licensed Russian operations that are your choices. What am I missing here? Other than an ALTERNATIVE from your "resister" friends.

That is --- changing the subject actually. Isn't it? I understand the history of those Russian efforts going back to the cold war better than most. But that's not a factor in solving the IMMEDIATE problem of operating our embassies when were now in a "mini cold war" with expelling Mission Staff....

It's a simple tactical problem for which YOU FOLKS are not giving any alternatives. At this point, you either CLOSE THEM or you hire the very few licensed Russian operations that are your choices. What am I missing here? Other than an ALTERNATIVE from your "resister" friends.

No the question is directly related to the security of our embassy. If they hacked our elections so recently, why would you think they wouldn't use their security position to spy on our diplomats? I noted that you didn't answer the question too. Why not?

That's a damned good question. We reaalllyy need to get rid of all of those obummer and shrilary people who infest the State Dept. They are clearly bat poop crazy.
OMG You're blaming this on Obama and Clinton. How pathetic. Who is in charge now? Trump. Blame it on Trump, the one who kisses Putin's ass daily.

The bureaucrats who run the State Dept were placed in their positions by obummer and the shrilary. Do try and keep up.

No the question is directly related to the security of our embassy. If they hacked our elections so recently, why would you think they wouldn't use their security position to spy on our diplomats? I noted that you didn't answer the question too. Why not?

I'd be violating the rules of USMB -- that's why. Not pertinent to the OP. You haven't SHOWN why it's pertinent to the OP IF (as the NYTimes article I posted) back in 1999, the same Bad Guy Badanov you're worried about about NOW -- was forming JOINT BUSINESSES with high level ex-NSA/CIA guys in America..

Most of what the CREDIBLE Intel on the subject of Russian meddling is the same stuff I read in classified reports back in the 90s. The "old guard" wants RETRIBUTION for US meddling in the fall of the Soviet Union. We took advantage of their disintegration and weaknesses and helped push THEM over the edge. The "Old Guard" can't take a pass on OUR current decline and instabilities and COMPLETE abdication of National leadership..

Russia did not make the USA into the Circus of Doom that the 2 parties brought us to.. They did not offer us 2 AWFUL choices for leadership. They just are poking enough to stoke the fires that WE LIT OURSELVES.. Hoping we'll face a similar collapse. We're closer to that every month now WITHOUT their help...

Go find the PDF file I posted thru the link I gave above and READ the "Sole Source Justification" and the statement of the urgent problem.. And turn off the propaganda designed to stop you from UNDERSTANDING the issue.

What's to understand? Tillerson OK'd the security of our embassy to a company owned by an ex KGB agent. What could go wrong?

You really didn't the read the Justification did ya? There's a problem to solve. NOT a crude political club to wave accusations around. Read the justification for sole source contract and PROPOSE AN ALTERNATIVE...

I told you WHY this happened!! You're so fixated on scoring politically -- you don't even bother to research the background and the problems providing security at those embassies with all the expulsions.

No. I wouldn't hire a child molester to babysit. I wouldn't hire a junky to work in a pharmacy. I wouldn't hire a person with multiple DWIs to drive a school bus, and I wouldn't hire a company owned by an ex-KGB agent to guard our embassy. I don't care what you think might justify it.
...but Hillary and Barry hired Al Qaeda to protect Americans from Al Qaeda ...resulting in dead Americans...

15Russia-master768.jpg

-End

You literally add nothing to this conversation except constantly repeating that there is no other option. We heard you the first 4 times. You can leave now

Go find the PDF file I posted thru the link I gave above and READ the "Sole Source Justification" and the statement of the urgent problem.. And turn off the propaganda designed to stop you from UNDERSTANDING the issue.

What's to understand? Tillerson OK'd the security of our embassy to a company owned by an ex KGB agent. What could go wrong?

But read the ppaperwork! If you read it you'l still say it's a bad idea and Falc will leave you alone! Lol

You literally add nothing to this conversation except constantly repeating that there is no other option. We heard you the first 4 times. You can leave now

Why would I leave? I'm here to learn. Not just to argue. Tell me how YOU would handle this checkmate from Putin..

But read the ppaperwork! If you read it you'l still say it's a bad idea and Falc will leave you alone! Lol

Actually it's YOUR choice to take your outrage pill filtered or unfiltered. I think you're just lazy or scared to look into the ACTUAL DETAILS of this decision.. You might have to drop one of 32 daily political "scandals" that are plaguing and handicapping this country day by day...

The fact is that Trump has been played and just because this seems like an option its not. Ever. So if you're going to just keep asking what I would do here is the answer: Not what they did.

Just because I dont have a fucking policy doesnt mean the one here is a good one and you find more dust to kick up about me than to even acknowledge this is a bad idea. Instead you want to discuss me, what I've read and what I would do. Why? It wont change what the fuck they're doing

Forum List

Back