The Punter makes him cough up the ball?

Denver gets credit for forcing 2 turnovers, but you have to admit that the PI penalty leading to the TD was the WORST call, maybe in the history of playoff football.

Dude plays great defense and is making a play on the ball and Rod Smith (?) grabs his shoulder and the ref call the defender for the penalty????

That was unbelievably bad. Friggen horrible call.

jAZ said:
Denver gets credit for forcing 2 turnovers, but you have to admit that the PI penalty leading to the TD was the WORST call, maybe in the history of playoff football.

Dude plays great defense and is making a play on the ball and Rod Smith (?) grabs his shoulder and the ref call the defender for the penalty????

That was unbelievably bad. Friggen horrible call.

That was Lelie, even the pundits said that the call could have been argued either way. The refs saw it as the defender trying to cross into the receiver. Definitely not the "worst call in playoff football", not when even the pundits are saying it could have gone either way.

no1tovote4 said:
That was Lelie, even the pundits said that the call could have been argued either way. The refs saw it as the defender trying to cross into the receiver. Definitely not the "worst call in playoff football", not when even the pundits are saying it could have gone either way.
Watch it for yourself... they were running side-by-side and the defender was looking back for the ball. The ONLY contact between the two was Lelie reaching for the defenders shoulder pad because he had the better angle to the ball and he needed to be stopped or risk an INT.

Worst-call-ever.

Denver is certainly taking advantage of the turnovers though, gotta give'em credit.

jAZ said:
Watch it for yourself... they were running side-by-side and the defender was looking back for the ball. The ONLY contact between the two was Lelie reaching for the defenders shoulder pad because he had the better angle to the ball and he needed to be stopped or risk an INT.

Worst-call-ever.

Denver is certainly taking advantage of the turnovers though, gotta give'em credit.

Like I said, even the experts were saying it could go either way. Definitely not the 'worst-call-ever'. I would save it for things like CU's fifth down play that netted them a touchdown that won them the game with no time left. Not for the "it could be argued either way" play that wasn't at the end of the game, didn't net them a win with no time left, and might be argued the other way...

I would agree it was a bad call, just not the 'worst-call-ever'...

Now if we get another one right at the end of the game and we win because of the bad call I will agree with you.

no1tovote4 said:
Like I said, even the experts were saying it could go either way. Definitely not the 'worst-call-ever'. I would save it for things like CU's fifth down play that netted them a touchdown that won them the game with no time left. Not for the "it could be argued either way" play that wasn't at the end of the game, didn't net them a win with no time left, and might be argued the other way...

I would agree it was a bad call, just not the 'worst-call-ever'...

Now if we get another one right at the end of the game and we win because of the bad call I will agree with you.
If you believe it was "a bad call", then you too disagree with Phil Simms. If you watch the replay it couldn't go either way. It was an objectively bad call.

My hyperbole doesn't change that fact... though I think it's fair to note that I did say "... in the history of (NFL) playoff football".

no1tovote4 said:
He missed a chip-shot! Gawds, this game is really fun to watch for a Broncos fan...

If you jinx it for the Broncos, my mother will drive up, find you and beat the mortal crap outta you. :cof:

( GO BRONCOS )

no1tovote4 said:
He missed a chip-shot! Gawds, this game is really fun to watch for a Broncos fan...
It's pissing me off as a Chiefs fan.

:firing:
eeyor.gif

jAZ said:
If you believe it was "a bad call", then you too disagree with Phil Simms. If you watch the replay it couldn't go either way. It was an objectively bad call.

My hyperbole doesn't change that fact... though I think it's fair to note that I did say "... in the history of (NFL) playoff football".

I think there have been worse calls in NFL Playoff Football. I was arguing about the hyperbole. I do disagree with Chris Simms, but I still will take the 7. I don't think that is the worst call in NFL Playoff Football, it is not that I think the call was the right one. I still think we would have ended up with a TD anyway, it was the first play of that drive.

dilloduck said:
If you jinx it for the Broncos, my mother will drive up, find you and beat the mortal crap outta you. :cof:

( GO BRONCOS )

Which is why I haven't mentioned anything about how they are doing, only that it is fun to watch...

The worst call in NFL Playoff History would have to be Jerry Rice's fumble that was ruled down in the NFC wild-card game.

no1tovote4 said:
I think there have been worse calls in NFL Playoff Football. I was arguing about the hyperbole.
You are probably right.
no1tovote4 said:
I do disagree with Chris Simms, but I still will take the 7.
As you should.

That interception by Champ Bailey had to be the longest interception return in the playoffs. I wonder if he'll make it to the record books. Anybody know of a longer one?

no1tovote4 said:
That interception by Champ Bailey had to be the longest interception return in the playoffs. I wonder if he'll make it to the record books. Anybody know of a longer one?
The one that Champ Bailey SHOULD have returned for 1 more yard if he hadn't pulled up like a punk.

Forum List

Back