The Punisher

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
This looks really good. I kinda have a soft spot for the original, because I'm pretty sure it was the first R-rated movie I ever saw (I think I was like 6, Sir Evil was babysitting me!:D ). Well, maybe the first one I saw was Terminator 2, but I don't really remember. Anyway, the original was cool, this should be good, too. Although, Dolph Lundgren looked like more of a badass than the new guy.

I say "the old one" because in a month or so, they're coming out with a re-make of it. I forget the name of the guy who plays the punisher, but the villain is John Travolta:rolleyes: . But, yeah, the last one was really good, this one looks pretty good, too.

Sorry guys, with all due respect to Dolph's Rocky 4 performance ("I fight to win! For ME! For Me!" "Ivan! Nyet!") heehee his Punisher foray was garbagio.

I hope the new one is dope. The old one he didn't even wear the SKULL logo!!! WTF?!?!

And where is the Fantastic Four movie...?

Sorry, Scourge, you just negated your entire argument by referring negatively to Rocky IV, or as I call it, Rocky Battles the Foreign Guy And Good God is it Amazing!

I mean, come on! Do you not get the underlying message there? He's an American who goes to Russia to fight a Russian robot/stereotype! He wins and they drape an American flag around him! I'm not making this a political thing, just saying that's bad filmmaking. I'll be honest, I do get wrapped up in it, though, just tell me that training montage with the Russian using all the machines and Rocky using natural items while Survivor's "Hearts on Fire" plays isn't the greatest piece of work ever committed to film.

I think it's generally a natural guy thing to get into the Rocky movies (though, to be honest, I've never seen the first!), so far be it from me to take away from instincts.

That said, Rocky III will always be the best, in my opinion. I mean, come on, Mr. T, Hulk Hogan, a 2-minute monologue from Rocky in which you can't understand a single bit of dialogue, and a great training montage over Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" (those guys really monopolized the 'songs about getting stronger and achieving goals to be used in Rocky movies' market, didn't they?)! "DEEEEEEEEEEAD MEAT!"

I mean Dan, you fight great, but I'M a great fighter.
I was not referring negatively to Rocky IV! I was saying Dolph was good in that, but PUNISHER SUCKED. And yes, the training was great, my fave was the homo-erotic race down the beach with plenty of knee-high socks and lots of hugging. LOL.

"Clubber, what's your prediction for the fight?"
"Prediction?"
"Prediction."
" ...pain."

Goan buss you up.
P.S. anybody witha nice pic of Thunderlips: The Ultimate male, please post it!

Scourge, I was kidding around, no fighting!:)

And yes, the training was great, my fave was the homo-erotic race down the beach with plenty of knee-high socks and lots of hugging. LOL.

Yeah, forgot about those socks! How bout them short shorts?

Oh, and as per your request:

Thunderlips.jpg

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a stud.

Forum List

Back