The Punisher. Holy S***!

The Punisher's been a series since I was a kid. :rolleyes:

I thought Dolph Lundgren played the Punisher?

He was the first and worst. :lol:

It was a bad movie and Lundgren canā€™t act, but for some reason I liked that movie

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Although I havenā€™t seen it since I was a kid, so there is a chance I might have a change of heart.

The Punisher's been a series since I was a kid. :rolleyes:

I thought Dolph Lundgren played the Punisher?

He was the first and worst. :lol:

It was a bad movie and Lundgren canā€™t act, but for some reason I liked that movie

Although I havenā€™t seen it since I was a kid, so there is a chance I might have a change of heart.

I don't think it's stood up well over time. :lol:

I'm ready to start binging The Punisher tomorrow. The reviews I've seen so far are a bit mixed; mostly positive, but some complaints about the direction of the story, or of the pacing. The Marvel Netflix shows haven't been improving, but I'm hoping this show will change the downward trend.

4 episodes in and I am liking it so far. There's enough action to keep things on their toes while it introduces characters and sets up the plot. There have been a surprising number of humorous parts; not silly, cheesy humor, but a chuckle here and there. It certainly is not the comic Punisher, but that was clear from the way the character was done in Daredevil. I don't have a problem with a new interpretation, so long as it is a good one. So far, so good.

I almost wish that the people who make trailers weren't so good at their jobs. Too often a good trailer leads to a bad movie or show. I thought Defenders looked great in the trailers, then it turned out to be meh as a show. Logan looked amazing in the trailers, and despite the praise it got in comic book circles, I just thought it was a pretty good movie, far from great. I'm worried about Thor: Ragnarok for that reason: the trailers have been incredible, but will the movie disappoint?

I have the same concern with Punisher. I really hope it's awesome, but will it be a disappointment compared to the trailers?
I wished they could get Tom Jane to reprise his role as the Punisher. Of all the attempts to bring the Punisher to screen; I thought he did the best.

No the last one was actually the best

the last one was an actual Punisher movie....

People seemed to hate it. I actually thought it was pretty good.

lots of so called comic fans dont seem to know what they want....

I just got done with The Punisher series. I'll try not to give anything much away. It was good, better than Iron Fist, Luke Cage, or Defenders. It didn't rise to the level of Daredevil or Jessica Jones, but it was a good show. Many Punisher fans may be unhappy with it, because it makes the character something different from the comics; he isn't just on a crusade to kill criminals, he's going after specific people who did things to him and his family. The show also personalized Frank Castle a lot more than many of the comic iterations have seen. Still, in some ways that was probably necessary. The Punisher as nothing but an almost mindless, obsessed killing machine does not make for much of a TV story, and certainly not one designed to appeal to a wide audience. What was done in the show worked, there was still plenty of violence and Punisher ass-kicking, and other than what I found to be a questionable ending scene, it could still lead to a more traditional, anti-crime Punisher in the future.

I'll call it 7.5/10. Well worth the watch.

I get tired of the soldiers as war criminals, or basket cases, and the CIA as drug runners. Wow, that is really deep, original writing there.....not. They were doing the "put drugs in the body bags of soldiers" all the way back in the movie Boys In Company C..............I can see where the Italian mafia might not be the most current go to bad guys for a punisher series...but how about Mexican drug cartels....like, I don't know, ms-13? You can easily personalize the Punisher without focusing on his family by looking at the victims of these other crime groups. But...they had to go after soldiers and the CIA....couldn't let that opportunity pass by......

And let's not leave out 2nd Amendment supporters....they had to make them look bad.

Maybe they could get writers that aren't stuck on left wing talking points...and get to some original story telling.....

What I found interesting, sort of....was the hand wringing by left wing journalists that coming out with the Punisher was bad because of recent mass shootings.......considering that the Punisher does not gun down innocent men, women and children, and kills monsters who are essentially out of reach of the criminal justice system....the comparison just shows how intellectually stupid left wingers can be......

Forum List

Back