The psychology that binds Trump to his base

Opinions | The psychological phenomenon that blinds Trump supporters to his racism

Washington Post

This goes very far in explaining why Trump's supporters deny Trump's self-evident racism.

The Post is biased. Please cite an unbiased source. WSJ?

You have to be kidding! The WSJ is owned by Murdock!

Doesn’t matter who owns it. They have consistently been unbiased and it is a must read for all finance majors and finance professionals. Their articles are rarely politically driven. Have you ever read the WSJ?

Actually I read it daily UNTIL Murdock bought it. After that, it became Fox News in print.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
With Trump having lost the popular vote, and his continuing to embarrass himself, every day, I don't think that I have to work that hard to convince independents and Democrats of Donny's racism. Since the GOP has lost every bit of dignity it once possessed, I don't worry about them one way or another. But, even if I was in the minority, I would be proud to be there.
The question is why are you or anyone trying at to paint President Trump as a Racist. The answer? It's simple, TRUMP THE RACIST is the Democratic strategy for taking back power. That is character assassination, it is disgusting and un-American and you should not be proud to be a part of that. If you want examples of REAL racists you could start with "The Squad".

Maybe we are calling Trump a racist be cause he IS a racist!
And maybe you are calling Trump a racist because you are being instructed to call him racist. Let's take an example. "Africa is a shithole country". Do you believe that statement proves Donald Trump is a racist? I believe that it is blunt, 100% accurate and not racist at all.

Nope. trump is a racist.

And here it is folks. The same person who bashed the WSJ is playing the race card. Real winner. Likely an unemployed failure.

I plead guilty of being unemployed. I'm retired in Southern AZ, and sometimes fill my spare time by distributing water, food, clothing and medicines the Samaratans to illegal immigrants in the desert, based on my believe that the commission of a misdemeanor does not warrant a death penalty.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Opinions | The psychological phenomenon that blinds Trump supporters to his racism

Washington Post

This goes very far in explaining why Trump's supporters deny Trump's self-evident racism.

Doesn’t matter who owns it. They have consistently been unbiased and it is a must read for all finance majors and finance professionals. Their articles are rarely politically driven. Have you ever read the WSJ?

Actually I read it daily UNTIL Murdock bought it. After that, it became Fox News in print.

Except it didn’t. But thanks for opining.

The question is why are you or anyone trying at to paint President Trump as a Racist. The answer? It's simple, TRUMP THE RACIST is the Democratic strategy for taking back power. That is character assassination, it is disgusting and un-American and you should not be proud to be a part of that. If you want examples of REAL racists you could start with "The Squad".

Maybe we are calling Trump a racist be cause he IS a racist!
And maybe you are calling Trump a racist because you are being instructed to call him racist. Let's take an example. "Africa is a shithole country". Do you believe that statement proves Donald Trump is a racist? I believe that it is blunt, 100% accurate and not racist at all.

Nope. trump is a racist.

And here it is folks. The same person who bashed the WSJ is playing the race card. Real winner. Likely an unemployed failure.

I plead guilty of being unemployed. I'm retired in Southern AZ, and sometimes fill my spare time by distributing water, food, clothing and medicines the Samaratans to illegal immigrants in the desert, based on my believe that the commission of a misdemeanor does not warrant a death penalty.

I plead guilty to the belief that the law should be changed and I do the same as you but to my fellow vets. Never Forget.

It must be frustrating to the Left. You all work SO HARD to prove Trump is a Racist and the rest of America isn't buying what your selling.

With Trump having lost the popular vote, and his continuing to embarrass himself, every day, I don't think that I have to work that hard to convince independents and Democrats of Donny's racism. Since the GOP has lost every bit of dignity it once possessed, I don't worry about them one way or another. But, even if I was in the minority, I would be proud to be there.

No, we start with Trump and we end with Trump. Trump is a racist. That is a fact.

Than why did he date one for two years?

Why did Strom Thurmond?

He's one of yours,you tell me.

No, we start with Trump and we end with Trump. Trump is a racist. That is a fact.

Your opinion does not equate to fact. I disagree. Now what?
He’s either a racist/bigot

Pretending to be ignorant to political correctness

Really is ignorant and so his racism slips out.

Steve bannon knows how to drive white racists and ignorant poor whites to the polls. I’m seeing it in my personal life. This girl on disability is voting republican because she’s mad that illegals are coming here taking advantage of the same social safety nets. She says “she paid in” well honey you didn’t pay in nearly as much as you’re gonna take out. So I’ll laugh when republicans cut her Medicaid which they already have

You might disagree with her reason, but it is not race based.

It's just that stupid mentality. It scares me because I see how Trump is resonating with dumb white Americans who have no business voting GOP.

Your concern about the "stupidity" of that, would be more convincing, if you could admit that the reason was not race based.

Well my friend is voting to cut her own funding that's all I know.

Trump Administration Circumvents Congress For Food Benefit Cuts (Again) | HuffPost

Under a new proposal from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, states would lose some flexibility to set eligibility standards for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program ― commonly known as food stamps ― which would push 3 million people out of the program.

“Our job is to make sure folks have the tools they need to move away from SNAP dependency,” Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue told reporters on Monday evening.

Perdue said that food benefits are wasted on wealthy people who should not be eligible.

“Recently a millionaire living in Minnesota successfully enrolled in the program simply to highlight waste in the program,” he said, referring to a case that Republicans have trumpeted even though it is in no way representative of the program.

The draft regulation would limit a policy known as “broad-based categorical eligibility,” which lets states enroll people in federal food benefits without asking about their assets, such as money in a bank account, if they already qualify for assistance from another program. The policy cuts paperwork and allows poor people to keep their benefits while building savings or earning modestly higher wages.

Republicans call it a “loophole” and have been trying to close it for years, most recently in legislation that passed the House in 2018 but the Senate ignored. The House then passed a SNAP reauthorization omitting the eligibility restriction, as well as a separate clampdown on state flexibility that has also become a proposed regulation.

Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), the top Democrat on the Senate Agriculture Committee, said the changes have been “repeatedly rejected” by Congress on a bipartisan basis. “This rule would take food away from families, prevent children from getting school meals and make it harder for states to administer food assistance,” Stabenow said.

The proposed food benefit restrictions ― which have not yet taken effect and could be blocked by lawsuits ― are part of a broader Trump administration effort to get people off “welfare.” That agenda has included adding work requirements for Medicaid beneficiaries and proposing changes to the way poverty thresholds are adjusted for inflation each year.

So, my friend and her "caregiver" are going to have to work fo the medicaid they receive. I love it! I won't even tell her what she is doing to herself. Let her find out the hard way.

Steve bannon knows how to drive white racists and ignorant poor whites to the polls. I’m seeing it in my personal life. This girl on disability is voting republican because she’s mad that illegals are coming here taking advantage of the same social safety nets. She says “she paid in” well honey you didn’t pay in nearly as much as you’re gonna take out. So I’ll laugh when republicans cut her Medicaid which they already have

It's just that stupid mentality. It scares me because I see how Trump is resonating with dumb white Americans who have no business voting GOP.

Your concern about the "stupidity" of that, would be more convincing, if you could admit that the reason was not race based.

I don't know. On some level I think it is race based. For example, Republicans NEVER minded welfare or foodstamps when blacks were being unconstitutionally denied it. Did y you know that? Back in the 60's poor black women were being told no when they asked for public assistance but across town in the white neighborhood, any poor white girl was getting it. The Supreme Court said that was unconstitutional and suddenly thousands of black women across America were qualified to get the same benefits. That's when white America started hating welfare and the welfare queens who were on it.

On some level, I know Republicans don't like foreigners. They use to tell my dad to go back to where he came from. Now he was Greek. So was my mom. But today no one is telling me to go back to Greece. So no, it wasn't his race it was his accent. Still, pretty deplorable thing to tell an immigrant. So what do you call people who said that to my dad if not racist? I'll start calling them that.

We have evolved past the 60 and I d call them Xenophobic

Trump and his supporters are showing us we never evolved. They just went underground during the time we were in charge and pushing political correctness. USMB proves the racists have been around for years. We just NEVER thought they'd get one of their in the White House. Seriously, a birther won? OMG.

And now I hear England just elected a Trump type for their new PM?

Washington Post

This friend of mine is on disability and she’s a republican. She votes gop because foreigners are coming here and getting to take advantage for social programs she feels she paid for.

And before she was disabled she was against such social Sefer nets.

I can’t wait till republicans cut her benefits
Do you believe she didn't pay for the social benefits she now receives? Let's say she didn't pay. Do you believe illegal immigrants are more entitled to benefits than a disabled American citizen?

No I get what she and you are saying but in the meantime, Trump and Republicans want to even cut her benefits

Trump Administration Circumvents Congress For Food Benefit Cuts (Again) | HuffPost

He is even cutting her benefits as we speak. So fine, if she wants to vote for that, I'm with her.

That agenda has included adding work requirements for Medicaid beneficiaries

I can't wait to hear her complain because the government is forcing her to go out and pick up trash 20 hours a week or lose her benefits.

And her "caregiver" boyfriend? What a loser. It's not like he had to quit a job to become her caregiver. He was a bum when she met him. So this works out perfect for them. She gets medicaid and disability and he even gets paid to be her caregiver. Wonderful. I wonder how much that's costing us.

But she paid in. That's what everyone says when they go from being anti social safety nets to needing them.

My other neighbor is on disability now too. She's 5 foot tall and weighs 300 lbs. She qualified because she has lupis. Probably she would be managing her lupis if she didn't weight 300 lbs. They should cut her off too for being fat. She did that to herself. Let her family take care of her. Oh, and her parents came from Iraq. She was born here but I find it interesting that they moved here and within 1 generation their daughter is 40 something and on full disability. Pathetic huh?

Washington Post

Well, We all appreciate your "NON-Biased" news sources, like Murdock's WSJ and Forbes. So many minorities read them, you know.

Washington Post

It's fun watching the Left go into Panic Mode but kinda in slow motion as they realize it

Man, good thing the popcorn is metaphorical or I would burst for sure

I will admit that I am close to panic that Mexico will send Trump a check with which he will build the wall. It could happen any day now.

I don't know. On some level I think it is race based. For example, Republicans NEVER minded welfare or foodstamps when blacks were being unconstitutionally denied it. Did y you know that? Back in the 60's poor black women were being told no when they asked for public assistance but across town in the white neighborhood, any poor white girl was getting it. The Supreme Court said that was unconstitutional and suddenly thousands of black women across America were qualified to get the same benefits. That's when white America started hating welfare and the welfare queens who were on it.

On some level, I know Republicans don't like foreigners. They use to tell my dad to go back to where he came from. Now he was Greek. So was my mom. But today no one is telling me to go back to Greece. So no, it wasn't his race it was his accent. Still, pretty deplorable thing to tell an immigrant. So what do you call people who said that to my dad if not racist? I'll start calling them that.

Trump and his supporters are showing us we never evolved. They just went underground during the time we were in charge and pushing political correctness. USMB proves the racists have been around for years. We just NEVER thought they'd get one of their in the White House. Seriously, a birther won? OMG.

You’re doing it again. Lumping everyone together because of one commonality. I recommend an education.

Well, We all appreciate your "NON-Biased" news sources, like Murdock's WSJ and Forbes. So many minorities read them, you know.

Minorities do read them. They are people too. Your labeling is comedic. You are an expert at identity politics. Congrats.

You can read about Republicans being against higher social spending while the dems are for it, WAY before the 1960s.

I've seen references to it as part of Tammany Hall corruptions back in the 1800s.

The push and pull of whether to use tax money for social services, and the proper level of that, AND the thin line between helping and buying votes,

I think are a basic part of any western style democracy.

You told us why your friend is against immigrants. Race was not a part of it. Do you really have the right to just assume the worst of her, and then judge her based on your assumption?

Why did men like her tell my dad with his Greek accent, "you fucking foreigners are coming over here and stealing all our jobs, why don't you go back to where you came from?"

If it's not racist to say that, what do you call these men? Patriots? Because there is some truth to it you think it's ok?

So what you guys want to say is that it's perfectly normal and ok to bash immigrants. So, do you want to cut off all immigration? If not, then you need to leave the immigrants you run across alone. They are here, you mind your own fucking business. If you don't like immigrants coming, tell your politicians about it. Don't yell at immigrants you come across. For all you know they are here legally. But you are assuming these immigrants are coming over here and all of them are immediately signing up for foodstamps and welfare. My dad came here to work. But white Americans didn't even like that. He was "stealing their jobs". LOL.

So, you admit that there is some truth to it. Good for you.

Here is the thing, there is a real conflict of interests between immigrants and native workers/aid recipients.

If there is a real conflict of interests, than those immigrants business, IS the business of you/us.

I agree yelling at people on the street is probably not the right answer.

THe question is, what is.

Step one, imo, is not assuming that anyone against immigration is a bigot. That is what you wan to do, if you WANT yelling in the streets.

Your opinion does not equate to fact. I disagree. Now what?

Well my friend is voting to cut her own funding that's all I know.

y.

No, it is not all you know. Indeed, you are muddying the waters by discussing two issues at once.

1 Is it racist?

2. Do I (you) consider it correct?

You are jumping back and forth, arguing one, and then concluding the other.

I'm sure it was an oversight, so please take this opportunity to provide your reliable source and working link supporting your allegation.

Thank you!

Who can blame them? Like us they were looking into the abyss of oblivion unless they came to their senses and acted to save themselves from stupidity.

Forum List

Back