The psychology that binds Trump to his base

945571_1654411284811926_6951593366918048196_n.jpg

It must be frustrating to the Left. You all work SO HARD to prove Trump is a Racist and the rest of America isn't buying what your selling.

With Trump having lost the popular vote, and his continuing to embarrass himself, every day, I don't think that I have to work that hard to convince independents and Democrats of Donny's racism. Since the GOP has lost every bit of dignity it once possessed, I don't worry about them one way or another. But, even if I was in the minority, I would be proud to be there.
The question is why are you or anyone trying at to paint President Trump as a Racist. The answer? It's simple, TRUMP THE RACIST is the Democratic strategy for taking back power. That is character assassination, it is disgusting and un-American and you should not be proud to be a part of that. If you want examples of REAL racists you could start with "The Squad".

Maybe we are calling Trump a racist be cause he IS a racist!
And maybe you are calling Trump a racist because you are being instructed to call him racist. Let's take an example. "Africa is a shithole country". Do you believe that statement proves Donald Trump is a racist? I believe that it is blunt, 100% accurate and not racist at all.

Nope. trump is a racist.

And here it is folks. The same person who bashed the WSJ is playing the race card. Real winner. Likely an unemployed failure.

From the OP link:

News analyst Brit Hume may also belong in this category, with his hairsplitting statement that Trump’s comments were “nativist, xenophobic . . . and politically stupid” — but absolutely not racist, “a word so recklessly flung around these days that its actual meaning is being lost.” If Trump is just the latest in a long parade of people falsely accused of racism by liberals, that, too, makes it easier to take his side. (“Xenophobic” is not too far from “racist,” definitionally, but it does not carry nearly the same moral charge, so reframing the accusation that way may well ease psychological tension.)

That sums up part of the problem. We go back again to what defines racist.

It must be frustrating to the Left. You all work SO HARD to prove Trump is a Racist and the rest of America isn't buying what your selling.

With Trump having lost the popular vote, and his continuing to embarrass himself, every day, I don't think that I have to work that hard to convince independents and Democrats of Donny's racism. Since the GOP has lost every bit of dignity it once possessed, I don't worry about them one way or another. But, even if I was in the minority, I would be proud to be there.
The question is why are you or anyone trying at to paint President Trump as a Racist. The answer? It's simple, TRUMP THE RACIST is the Democratic strategy for taking back power. That is character assassination, it is disgusting and un-American and you should not be proud to be a part of that. If you want examples of REAL racists you could start with "The Squad".

No, we start with Trump and we end with Trump. Trump is a racist. That is a fact.

upload_2019-7-23_8-59-8.jpeg

No, we start with Trump and we end with Trump. Trump is a racist. That is a fact.

Your opinion does not equate to fact. I disagree. Now what?
He’s either a racist/bigot

Pretending to be ignorant to political correctness

Really is ignorant and so his racism slips out.

Steve bannon knows how to drive white racists and ignorant poor whites to the polls. I’m seeing it in my personal life. This girl on disability is voting republican because she’s mad that illegals are coming here taking advantage of the same social safety nets. She says “she paid in” well honey you didn’t pay in nearly as much as you’re gonna take out. So I’ll laugh when republicans cut her Medicaid which they already have

You might disagree with her reason, but it is not race based.

And maybe you are calling Trump a racist because you are being instructed to call him racist. Let's take an example. "Africa is a shithole country". Do you believe that statement proves Donald Trump is a racist? I believe that it is blunt, 100% accurate and not racist at all.

Nope. trump is a racist.

c443d94a4b7e1e0db2dfbf9c1fcbc705.jpg

Hogwash.

Savvy readers may recognize a problem with using these questions to sort people into just two ideological categories. And sure enough, Kemmelmeier got some results that puzzled him. He found that students who held more traditional views on gender and sex roles averaged lower on their verbal SAT and Achievement Test scores. "Surprisingly," he continued, this was not true of students with anti-regulation attitudes. With them, "all else being equal, more conservative respondents scored higher than more liberal respondents." Kemmelmeier ruefully notes that "this result was not anticipated" and "diametrically contradicts" the hypothesis that conservatism is linked to lower cognitive ability. Kemmelmeier is so evidently lost in the intellectual fog of contemporary progressivism that he does not realize that his questionnaire is impeccably designed to identify classical liberals, a.k.a. libertarians, who endorse liberty in both the social and economic realms.

<snip>

Comparing strong Republicans with strong Democrats, Carl finds that Republicans have a 5.48 IQ point advantage over Democrats. Broadening party affiliation to include moderate to merely leaning respondents still results in a Republican advantage of 3.47 IQ points and 2.47 IQ points respectively. Carl reconciles his findings with the social science literature that reports that liberals are more intelligent than conservatives by proposing that Americans with classically liberal beliefs are even smarter. Carl further reports that those who endorse both social conservatism and economic statism also have lower verbal IQ scores.

"Overall, my findings suggest that higher intelligence among classically liberal Republicans compensates for lower intelligence among socially conservative Republicans," concludes Carl.

Are Conservatives Dumber Than Liberals?

Steve bannon knows how to drive white racists and ignorant poor whites to the polls. I’m seeing it in my personal life. This girl on disability is voting republican because she’s mad that illegals are coming here taking advantage of the same social safety nets. She says “she paid in” well honey you didn’t pay in nearly as much as you’re gonna take out. So I’ll laugh when republicans cut her Medicaid which they already have

It's just that stupid mentality. It scares me because I see how Trump is resonating with dumb white Americans who have no business voting GOP.

It's just that stupid mentality. It scares me because I see how Trump is resonating with dumb white Americans who have no business voting GOP.

Your concern about the "stupidity" of that, would be more convincing, if you could admit that the reason was not race based.

Your concern about the "stupidity" of that, would be more convincing, if you could admit that the reason was not race based.

I don't know. On some level I think it is race based. For example, Republicans NEVER minded welfare or foodstamps when blacks were being unconstitutionally denied it. Did y you know that? Back in the 60's poor black women were being told no when they asked for public assistance but across town in the white neighborhood, any poor white girl was getting it. The Supreme Court said that was unconstitutional and suddenly thousands of black women across America were qualified to get the same benefits. That's when white America started hating welfare and the welfare queens who were on it.

On some level, I know Republicans don't like foreigners. They use to tell my dad to go back to where he came from. Now he was Greek. So was my mom. But today no one is telling me to go back to Greece. So no, it wasn't his race it was his accent. Still, pretty deplorable thing to tell an immigrant. So what do you call people who said that to my dad if not racist? I'll start calling them that.

I don't know. On some level I think it is race based. For example, Republicans NEVER minded welfare or foodstamps when blacks were being unconstitutionally denied it. Did y you know that? Back in the 60's poor black women were being told no when they asked for public assistance but across town in the white neighborhood, any poor white girl was getting it. The Supreme Court said that was unconstitutional and suddenly thousands of black women across America were qualified to get the same benefits. That's when white America started hating welfare and the welfare queens who were on it.

On some level, I know Republicans don't like foreigners. They use to tell my dad to go back to where he came from. Now he was Greek. So was my mom. But today no one is telling me to go back to Greece. So no, it wasn't his race it was his accent. Still, pretty deplorable thing to tell an immigrant. So what do you call people who said that to my dad if not racist? I'll start calling them that.

You can read about Republicans being against higher social spending while the dems are for it, WAY before the 1960s.

I've seen references to it as part of Tammany Hall corruptions back in the 1800s.

The push and pull of whether to use tax money for social services, and the proper level of that, AND the thin line between helping and buying votes,

I think are a basic part of any western style democracy.

You told us why your friend is against immigrants. Race was not a part of it. Do you really have the right to just assume the worst of her, and then judge her based on your assumption?

You can read about Republicans being against higher social spending while the dems are for it, WAY before the 1960s.

I've seen references to it as part of Tammany Hall corruptions back in the 1800s.

The push and pull of whether to use tax money for social services, and the proper level of that, AND the thin line between helping and buying votes,

I think are a basic part of any western style democracy.

You told us why your friend is against immigrants. Race was not a part of it. Do you really have the right to just assume the worst of her, and then judge her based on your assumption?

Why did men like her tell my dad with his Greek accent, "you fucking foreigners are coming over here and stealing all our jobs, why don't you go back to where you came from?"

If it's not racist to say that, what do you call these men? Patriots? Because there is some truth to it you think it's ok?

So what you guys want to say is that it's perfectly normal and ok to bash immigrants. So, do you want to cut off all immigration? If not, then you need to leave the immigrants you run across alone. They are here, you mind your own fucking business. If you don't like immigrants coming, tell your politicians about it. Don't yell at immigrants you come across. For all you know they are here legally. But you are assuming these immigrants are coming over here and all of them are immediately signing up for foodstamps and welfare. My dad came here to work. But white Americans didn't even like that. He was "stealing their jobs". LOL.

We have evolved past the 60 and I d call them Xenophobic

Than why did he date one for two years?

Why did Strom Thurmond?

It is racist and inaccurate. First off, Africa is a continent. Second, if you look at most of the countries in Africa that have problems, you will draw a direct line to white colonization and foreign policy. Here is one example.

How Colonialism Affected the Rwandan Genocide

By Troy Riemer

The events that took place in the heart of Rwanda during 1994 were atrocious. More than 800,000 Tutsi were hacked and massacred at the hands and machetes of extremist Hutu while the entire world stood by and watched. How did it come to this? How could such hatred lead to the slaughter of nearly 1 million Tutsi? The roots of the carnage can be tied to European colonialism in Rwanda. Through racist ideologies that led to a distinct classification of Hutu and Tutsi and a falsified history of Rwanda, Europeans successfully birthed an ethnic divide that ultimately led to the Rwandan Genocide.

How Colonialism Affected the Rwandan Genocide

Forum List

Back