The Psychology of Campus PC

No doubt. I mean I'll admit I didn't spank my kids, but I employed the fear of spanking and such. I also forced my boys to deal with shit on their own. I was really fond of giving them a list of chores and not holding their hands through the process at all. I made them figure it out, I made them correct their mistakes... someone somewhere said American's have "permission to fail"... (Prager U I think) I kind of held that theory when I raised my boys; let them fuck it up, then make them fix it so they learned from their mistakes and shit. I wouldn't exactly say I've taught them "conservative" views, but the foundation is... self worth through determined effort and reaped rewards - rather than meaningless platitudes that get zero results. "It is simply not enough to say 'you want it', you must follow through and actually do it."

Yawn.... the usual "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" ego of the far right.

It never gets old.

Well, let's see.

On one hand, I have the word of a hardcore leftwing partisan ideologue, the icon of the USMB Regressive Left, a person I know to be as dishonest and hateful and nasty as anyone on this board, telling me one thing.

I'm an Icon? Really? Who knew.

On the other, I have multiple liberals who I know are decent, sincere, honest and thoughtful telling me something else.

Have any of those guys actually sat down with a college kid and helped him put a resume together after graduation? Because I have. Hundreds of times.

And, of course, I have my own observations.

Really? SO tell us about one of these "Snowflakes" you've met personally.

Thanks.

Yeah. Thanks for the input, as always, Joe. But I don't believe a word you say, sorry.

Yes, I know, I've spanked you so many times you'll never be able to sit down.

Look, guy, I know you need to try to think you are still a good person even though you lie down with the most vile racists on this board, but you probably need to take a good look at yourself.

You see, up until 2008, I was more right wing than most of the wingnuts here.

And I wish I can honestly say it was Bush's lies about Iraq or watching dead bodies float down the Mississippi after Katrina that turned me on the right. But nope, I got on boards similar to this one and made all the same excuses. "It was Nagin's Fault". "The Intel Said he had WMD's"

Nope, it wasn't until Bush crashed the economy and I suffered personal economic loss that I started to rethink things. When I figured out heartlessness isn't strength.
I tell you, again, that I don't believe a word you say, and you wrote all that, whatever it is.

I'm sure it's very interesting and all, thanks.

:lol:

Do you really not see the irony of this statement?

You're raging against the kids today for not allowing "free thought" - but any time anyone dares to challenge your ideology, you stick your fingers in your ears and scream "La La La I can't hear you"

Well, let's see.

On one hand, I have the word of a hardcore leftwing partisan ideologue, the icon of the USMB Regressive Left, a person I know to be as dishonest and hateful and nasty as anyone on this board, telling me one thing.

On the other, I have multiple liberals who I know are decent, sincere, honest and thoughtful telling me something else.

Have any of those guys actually sat down with a college kid and helped him put a resume together after graduation? Because I have. Hundreds of times.

Thanks.

Yeah. Thanks for the input, as always, Joe. But I don't believe a word you say, sorry.

Look, guy, I know you need to try to think you are still a good person even though you lie down with the most vile racists on this board, but you probably need to take a good look at yourself.

And I wish I can honestly say it was Bush's lies about Iraq or watching dead bodies float down the Mississippi after Katrina that turned me on the right. But nope, I got on boards similar to this one and made all the same excuses. "It was Nagin's Fault". "The Intel Said he had WMD's"

Nope, it wasn't until Bush crashed the economy and I suffered personal economic loss that I started to rethink things. When I figured out heartlessness isn't strength.
I tell you, again, that I don't believe a word you say, and you wrote all that, whatever it is.

You're raging against the kids today for not allowing "free thought" - but any time anyone dares to challenge your ideology, you stick your fingers in your ears and scream "La La La I can't hear you"
If I thought I could communicate with you Regressives, I would keep trying. To date, I haven't figured out a way. I may some day.

And I appreciate the Straw Man. My problem is not with the kids. They're kids. My problem is with the "adults" who enable these behaviors for the most cynical reasons. The Regressives. And the liberals I regularly quote agree with me.

Maybe you see that, maybe you don't. Since you folks are such habitual liars, I'll probably never know.

Nice to see how this thread has triggered you guys. As usual. My power over you people is always a good sign.

Well, let's see.

Thanks.

If I thought I could communicate with you Regressives, I would keep trying. To date, I haven't figured out a way. I may some day.

And I appreciate the Straw Man. My problem is not with the kids. They're kids. My problem is with the "adults" who enable these behaviors for the most cynical reasons.

Maybe you see that, maybe you don't. Since you folks are such habitual liars, I'll probably never know.

Nice to see how this thread has triggered you guys. As usual. My power over you people is always a good sign.

You can't "communicate" with us, because that would require you to accept that your opinion isn't undisputed fact. You're so dedicated to your ideology that any challenge to it puts your entire worldview at risk.

Instead, you bluster and posture, and call us names - while simultaneously pretending that you're taking the high ground.

It's actually facinating to watch.

I am still trying to grasp the idea that Doc took Joe Bitches side on this.

roflmao

No doubt. I mean I'll admit I didn't spank my kids, but I employed the fear of spanking and such. I also forced my boys to deal with shit on their own. I was really fond of giving them a list of chores and not holding their hands through the process at all. I made them figure it out, I made them correct their mistakes... someone somewhere said American's have "permission to fail"... (Prager U I think) I kind of held that theory when I raised my boys; let them fuck it up, then make them fix it so they learned from their mistakes and shit. I wouldn't exactly say I've taught them "conservative" views, but the foundation is... self worth through determined effort and reaped rewards - rather than meaningless platitudes that get zero results. "It is simply not enough to say 'you want it', you must follow through and actually do it."

It never gets old.

Actually it's not.

This was about kids learning to deal with taking "no" for an answer - something they /will/ have to learn to do in any job.
It's about giving kids the where-with-all they need to learn from their mistakes - another skill they will need if they want to be successful in life and surpass a minimum wage job.
It's about teaching them responsibility, not just for their decisions in life (ie mistakes) but also for making it right - again, another skill they need to surpass minimum wage jobs.

It's far more about getting kids ready for adulthood, where they are going to have to make intelligent and informed decisions and live with consequences of "bad" decisions, or at a minimum, be able to recover, both emotionally and financially, from setbacks, adversity, and failures. It is learning the drive to succeed, to do more than simply exist, to strive for more than simply bumping along in life. Achieved by believing in yourself and your abilities - even when you fail - "permission to fail" is not about being "right" all the time, it is about learning from those failures and doing it "better" next time around. Without learning these foundations of self reliance, confidence, and dealing with adversity, these kids basically just give up, they quit and ultimately the "failure" doesn't become a learning experience, with persistence pushing them past it, as it should.

Last edited:

It never gets old.

Actually it's not.

This was about kids learning to deal with taking "no" for an answer - something they /will/ have to learn to do in any job.
It's about giving kids the where-with-all they need to learn from their mistakes - another skill they will need if they want to be successful in life and surpass a minimum wage job.
It's about teaching them responsibility, not just for their decisions in life (ie mistakes) but also for making it right - again, another skill they need to surpass minimum wage jobs.

It's far more about getting kids ready for adulthood, where they are going to have to make intelligent and informed decisions and live with consequences of "bad" decisions, or at a minimum, be able to recover, both emotionally and financially, from setbacks, adversity, and failures. It is learning the drive to succeed, to do more than simply exist, to strive for more than simply bumping along in life. Achieved by believing in yourself and your abilities - even when you fail - "permission to fail" is not about being "right" all the time, it is about learning from those failures and doing it "better" next time around. Without learning these foundations of self reliance, confidence, and dealing with adversity, these kids basically just give up, they quit and ultimately the "failure" doesn't become a learning experience, with persistence pushing them past it, as it should.
A wonderful try, but it won't matter.

This isn't about the kids or what's best for them.

This is about the Regressives turning our kids into the same intellectual/ideological robots that they are.

Last edited:
Van Jones on campus "Safe Spaces":

There is a view that is ascendant that I think is a horrible view, and that is that "I need to be safe ideologically, I need to be safe emotionally. I just need to feel good all the time, and if someone says something that I don't like, that's a problem for everyone who is in the administration," and I think that is a terrible idea, for the following reasons. I don't WANT you to be "safe", ideologically. I don't WANT you to be safe, emotionally. I want you to be STRONG.

Last edited:

Actually talking to people and realizing they don't agree with your points would be a good start.

And I appreciate the Straw Man. My problem is not with the kids. They're kids. My problem is with the "adults" who enable these behaviors for the most cynical reasons. The Regressives. And the liberals I regularly quote agree with me.

Again, this is where you are patronizing.

These are kids who are 18-22. We send these "kids" off to fight wars for our country. If they are old enough and mature enough to come back from some foreign land in a box with a flag over it, they are mature enough to decide, they don't want to hear Bill Maher and his Islamophobic Bullshit on their campus.

And this is your problem, you don't respect that people come by opinions honestly. They don't agree with your view that there's a PC Police? Why, the "Regressives" must be brainwashing them.

Oh, I agree that you will never know, because that would require you to understand, people have opinions they've come by honestly.

I think you honestly came by your opinion that PC was bad when someone called your ass down to HR for that joke they didn't think was funny.

Real, actual, honest liberals:

And Mac goes to his happy place, where people agree with his silliness.

The OP literally can sit back and allow Joe to be his best example.

Of showing what a silly person he is? Um, yeah. He is a silly person

Van Jones on campus "Safe Spaces":

There is a view that is ascendant that I think is a horrible view, and that is that "I need to be safe ideologically, I need to be safe emotionally. I just need to feel good all the time, and if someone says something that I don't like, that's a problem for everyone who is in the administration," and I think that is a terrible idea, for the following reasons. I don't WANT you to be "safe", ideologically. I don't WANT you to be safe, emotionally. I want you to be STRONG.

again, never talked to a kid who told me "Safe spaces" were a thing on his or her campus.

Went to UIC a couple of weeks ago to meet with a client. while I saw some things that bothered me, like big corporations had turned the Student Union into a fucking shopping mall, I didn't see a safe space anywhere.

You see, revisiting UIC 35 years after I graduated from there, what I saw was a campus that became a corporate entity. No students talking politics, very few black students (the Campus was originally built so that minority kids who couldn't go to Urbana would have a shot at a college education.)

Most of the areas that used to be used by Student clubs and fraternities were now conference rooms and stores like Dunkin Donuts and Amazon.

so I don't really worry so much that kids are being told things like "Nazis are Bad", as much as I worry they are being put into eternal debt at an early age.

Maybe if you actually visited a college campus instead of pontificating about them because Bill Maher whines his racist ass can't get a booking, you might see what the real problem is.

Actually it's not.

so what you want is kids to be obedient little drones of the plutocracy like you are...

Got it.

Because, again, I haven't met the kids you and Pompous Mac are talking about. I know we hear a lot of bitching about the Millenials, but frankly, most of the ones I know, including my nieces and nephew, pretty much have their heads screwed on straight.

Let's be blunt here, it wasn't the college kid who put Trump into office, it was dumb old white people like you who are angry about everything. It seems if anyone has 'Failed" it's you.

Forum List

Back