The Psychology of Campus PC

That's what you say.

Nope, that's what happened. The logistics end of it worked just fine. Stuff came in, stuff went out. Without a hitch.

But when your customers go out of business or go to someone else because your salesmen are spending too much time on the golf course, that's another issue.

That's what you say but like most things, you have yet to prove it.

What dark days we live in when unfunny comedians can't tell racist and sexist jokes on campus!

College kids might figure out that Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Maher just aren't funny!

What dark days when people make claims about what should be done then are gutless cowards when expected to do it. That's you, son.

What dark days we live in when unfunny comedians can't tell racist and sexist jokes on campus!

College kids might figure out that Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Maher just aren't funny!

What dark days when people make claims about what should be done then are gutless cowards when expected to do it. That's you, son.
This is just his typically clumsy and transparent way of trying to change the subject.

The last thing he wants is an honest conversation on this.

This is just his typically clumsy and transparent way of trying to change the subject.

The last thing he wants is an honest conversation on this.

He's already shown that.

Great videos, very much what I've been thinking has been going on. Although I'd argue they're missing the role of parents in the cause/effect analysis. It's not just the administration caving, but parents as well have "caved" to similar prior - I personally would take it all the way back to the public hysteria around spanking and punishment of children. Such things do indeed teach a child a valuable lesson they can't seem to get anywhere else - dealing with their emotions when they don't get what they want, learning what 'actual' pain is (vs "pain" from words,) etc.

The last thing he wants is an honest conversation on this

Guy, I've had this honest conversation with you on this. It's not that big of a deal. It really isn't.

Now, I deal with a lot of new graduates from College through my resume business and see a lot of them in my regular job as new recruits. And I have yet to meet this supposed person who is sheltered or politically correct or feels a need for "Safe Spaces".

So this "Campus PC" stuff you are talking about is kind of like one of those "Finding Bigfoot" shows. Everyone looks really earnest and believes what they are saying, but they have yet to produce any actual evidence of, you know, this guy....

58db36ac768d2.image.jpg

Granny, stop wearing that ape-suit!

Great videos, very much what I've been thinking has been going on. Although I'd argue they're missing the role of parents in the cause/effect analysis. It's not just the administration caving, but parents as well have "caved" to similar prior - I personally would take it all the way back to the public hysteria around spanking and punishment of children. Such things do indeed teach a child a valuable lesson they can't seem to get anywhere else - dealing with their emotions when they don't get what they want, learning what 'actual' pain is (vs "pain" from words,) etc.
Yeah, this stuff didn't just happen overnight. We've so over-coddled our children that they arrive at college expecting nothing to change.

And that, of course, plays right into the hands of people who are more than happy to use them for political gain.

The last thing he wants is an honest conversation on this

Guy, I've had this honest conversation with you on this. It's not that big of a deal. It really isn't.

Now, I deal with a lot of new graduates from College through my resume business and see a lot of them in my regular job as new recruits. And I have yet to meet this supposed person who is sheltered or politically correct or feels a need for "Safe Spaces".

So this "Campus PC" stuff you are talking about is kind of like one of those "Finding Bigfoot" shows. Everyone looks really earnest and believes what they are saying, but they have yet to produce any actual evidence of, you know, this guy....

58db36ac768d2.image.jpg

Granny, stop wearing that ape-suit!

Resume business? The only thing you're qualified to do is clean toilets and sweep floors.

Yeah, this stuff didn't just happen overnight. We've so over-coddled our children that they arrive at college expecting nothing to change.

And that, of course, plays right into the hands of people who are more than happy to use them for political gain.

Again, you'll point out the one emotional girl and ignore the 99% of kids on campus who have a pretty good bead on things.

Sorry, man. I actually work with these kids. The problem you say is out there isn't.

Again, you'll point out the one emotional girl and ignore the 99% of kids on campus who have a pretty good bead on things.

Sorry, man. I actually work with these kids. The problem you say is out there isn't.
Well, let's see.

On one hand, I have the word of a hardcore leftwing partisan ideologue, the icon of the USMB Regressive Left, a person I know to be as dishonest and hateful and nasty as anyone on this board, telling me one thing.

On the other, I have multiple liberals who I know are decent, sincere, honest and thoughtful telling me something else.

And, of course, I have my own observations.

Yeah. Thanks for the input, as always, Joe. But I don't believe a word you say, sorry.

Well, let's see.

On one hand, I have the word of a hardcore leftwing partisan ideologue, the icon of the USMB Regressive Left, a person I know to be as dishonest and hateful and nasty as anyone on this board, telling me one thing.

I'm an Icon? Really? Who knew.

On the other, I have multiple liberals who I know are decent, sincere, honest and thoughtful telling me something else.

Have any of those guys actually sat down with a college kid and helped him put a resume together after graduation? Because I have. Hundreds of times.

Really? SO tell us about one of these "Snowflakes" you've met personally.

Thanks.

Yeah. Thanks for the input, as always, Joe. But I don't believe a word you say, sorry.

Yes, I know, I've spanked you so many times you'll never be able to sit down.

Look, guy, I know you need to try to think you are still a good person even though you lie down with the most vile racists on this board, but you probably need to take a good look at yourself.

You see, up until 2008, I was more right wing than most of the wingnuts here.

And I wish I can honestly say it was Bush's lies about Iraq or watching dead bodies float down the Mississippi after Katrina that turned me on the right. But nope, I got on boards similar to this one and made all the same excuses. "It was Nagin's Fault". "The Intel Said he had WMD's"

Nope, it wasn't until Bush crashed the economy and I suffered personal economic loss that I started to rethink things. When I figured out heartlessness isn't strength.

You mean they push a broom and use a toilet brush with you?

No doubt. I mean I'll admit I didn't spank my kids, but I employed the fear of spanking and such. I also forced my boys to deal with shit on their own. I was really fond of giving them a list of chores and not holding their hands through the process at all. I made them figure it out, I made them correct their mistakes... someone somewhere said American's have "permission to fail"... (Prager U I think) I kind of held that theory when I raised my boys; let them fuck it up, then make them fix it so they learned from their mistakes and shit. I wouldn't exactly say I've taught them "conservative" views, but the foundation is... self worth through determined effort and reaped rewards - rather than meaningless platitudes that get zero results. "It is simply not enough to say 'you want it', you must follow through and actually do it."

No doubt. I mean I'll admit I didn't spank my kids, but I employed the fear of spanking and such. I also forced my boys to deal with shit on their own. I was really fond of giving them a list of chores and not holding their hands through the process at all. I made them figure it out, I made them correct their mistakes... someone somewhere said American's have "permission to fail"... (Prager U I think) I kind of held that theory when I raised my boys; let them fuck it up, then make them fix it so they learned from their mistakes and shit. I wouldn't exactly say I've taught them "conservative" views, but the foundation is... self worth through determined effort and reaped rewards - rather than meaningless platitudes that get zero results. "It is simply not enough to say 'you want it', you must follow through and actually do it."
Well, this is clearly a cultural issue, and we're seeing it manifest in our colleges.

The problem is that it's being nurtured for political gain, and that's a pretty lousy thing to do to our kids.

Well, this is clearly a cultural issue, and we're seeing it manifest in our colleges.

The problem is that it's being nurtured for political gain, and that's a pretty lousy thing to do to our kids.

Politicians these days don't give two shits about /anyone/ so it's not surprising to me.

Politicians these days don't give two shits about /anyone/ so it's not surprising to me.
Politicians, partisans, you name it.

Well, let's see.

I'm an Icon? Really? Who knew.

Have any of those guys actually sat down with a college kid and helped him put a resume together after graduation? Because I have. Hundreds of times.

Really? SO tell us about one of these "Snowflakes" you've met personally.

Thanks.

Yes, I know, I've spanked you so many times you'll never be able to sit down.

Look, guy, I know you need to try to think you are still a good person even though you lie down with the most vile racists on this board, but you probably need to take a good look at yourself.

You see, up until 2008, I was more right wing than most of the wingnuts here.

And I wish I can honestly say it was Bush's lies about Iraq or watching dead bodies float down the Mississippi after Katrina that turned me on the right. But nope, I got on boards similar to this one and made all the same excuses. "It was Nagin's Fault". "The Intel Said he had WMD's"

Nope, it wasn't until Bush crashed the economy and I suffered personal economic loss that I started to rethink things. When I figured out heartlessness isn't strength.
I tell you, again, that I don't believe a word you say, and you wrote all that, whatever it is.

I'm sure it's very interesting and all, thanks.

Forum List

Back