The protests in Egypt are very inspiring, Christians and Muslims side by side

So you don't know the Bible at all. No shame in that. It's a capital C, for starters.

Christian followers come in every race, with a variety of hair colors.

So in summary, nowhere in the New Testament does it talk about violence against fellow man.

I am glad we could share this time together.

Me too, and I'm sure any christian church I walked into would have all bibles totally old testament free. I'm glad to have learned that christians don't believe in creationism, don't question basic science like evolution, and don't try to convince me that a super magic flood happened. I'm glad to learn all the times I've heard them spouting about those topics it's just been my imagination and in the real world the old testament is meaningless.

I'll take my religious education at my catholic school, catholic church and sunday school over 90% of the average christian's.

10 points - deflection style

Well done addressing my points, sadly it's expected at this point.

Me too, and I'm sure any christian church I walked into would have all bibles totally old testament free. I'm glad to have learned that christians don't believe in creationism, don't question basic science like evolution, and don't try to convince me that a super magic flood happened. I'm glad to learn all the times I've heard them spouting about those topics it's just been my imagination and in the real world the old testament is meaningless.

I'll take my religious education at my catholic school, catholic church and sunday school over 90% of the average christian's.

Don't be obtuse. Do you or don't you agree that violence is not found in the New Testament?

If you want to try and spin away with deflection points, feel free, but it's boring me.

Don't be obtuse. Do you or don't you agree that violence is not found in the New Testament?

If you want to try and spin away with deflection points, feel free, but it's boring me.

Yep I agree it's not found in the new testament. I also provided points showing that it's not only the new testament that christians base their lives on, hence making the old testament and the disgusting things it says very relevant.

Yep I agree it's not found in the new testament. I also provided points showing that it's not only the new testament that christians base their lives on, hence making the old testament and the disgusting things it says very relevant.

There are parts of the Old Testament that has nothing that supersede it in the New Testament.

There are parts of the Old Testament that has nothing that supersede it in the New Testament.

Very weird, very very weird.

Of course...it makes picking and choosing so much more convenient.

So you don't understand what supersede means. :lol:

So you don't understand what supersede means. :lol:

So how should I handle the part of the Bible where God says (over and over again) to kill non-believers? Hell he doesn't even care if they're members of your family.

Was God lying?

Is the Bible not God's word?

Is God not perfect?

How should I handle this part of the Bible? Ignore it solely because the New Testament is nicer? I truly want your view on how these lines should be handled.

Forum List

Back