The Prophesy Thread

Between the various interpretations and the constant translations by people who all had an axe to grind, the Christian bible is pretty meaningless.

Wouldn't it be fascinating to know what it originally said?

Probably not. And, its doubtful that anyone would really care because we ALL see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear.

It's meaningless to those that do not understand it.

Its meaningful to those who need it to be.

Though you may want it to be so, Jeri, hardly one word is as it was originally written.

No, it's meaningful to those of faith.

Translation Comparison Charts

Renowned New Testament Scholar on Bible Translation: What to Read, Why and Myths to Avoid (Part 3)

You want insight?

Repent, before you destroy yourselves.

Repent of what, exactly?

"Our Saviour. Two thieves. One is supposed to have been saved and the other (he searches for the contrary of saved) damned."

"Saved from what?"

"We are all born mad. Some remain so."

- Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Actually the two thieves on the cross represent the two types of people on the earth today. It is probably one of the most important lessons for the world to take note of and yet it has been missed.

What was going on that day? In simple english... Jesus hung on the cross in between two thieves. The one thief comes under the conviction of the Holy Ghost ( you cannot be saved without being drawn by Him first ) and realizes this is the Son of God!

The other thief? He is too busy being concerned about saving his own skin. So he says to Jesus in so many words, If you are God? Get me down off this cross! Get me out of my troubles here. ( no repentance for being a thief just get me out of my trouble here and prove you are who you claim you are ) You'll notice Jesus didn't give this man a response. But the other one did! Yes the other thiefs response was quite different! It was more along the lines of Be quiet!! We deserve this death! Then he turns his attention towards the Master and says, Will you remember me when you enter your kingdom? To which Jesus replies, Verily, verily I say unto you - this day you will be with me in paradise. So one man humbled himself that day and died and went to heaven and the other man refused and died and went to hell.

Which man will you be, Hobelin?

-Jeremiah

Ohh I got tired of seeking Jusus 40 years or so ago. Never heard anything from him.
and religion takes many one liners from the bible to espouse as the absolute truth.

Right. See my story about the two thieves who hung on the cross next to Jesus. You'll see yourself in that story. ( hopefully ) - Jeri

Repent of what, exactly?

"Our Saviour. Two thieves. One is supposed to have been saved and the other (he searches for the contrary of saved) damned."

"Saved from what?"

Actually the two thieves on the cross represent the two types of people on the earth today. It is probably one of the most important lessons for the world to take note of and yet it has been missed.

What was going on that day? In simple english... Jesus hung on the cross in between two thieves. The one thief comes under the conviction of the Holy Ghost ( you cannot be saved without being drawn by Him first ) and realizes this is the Son of God!

The other thief? He is too busy being concerned about saving his own skin. So he says to Jesus in so many words, If you are God? Get me down off this cross! Get me out of my troubles here. ( no repentance for being a thief just get me out of my trouble here and prove you are who you claim you are ) You'll notice Jesus didn't give this man a response. But the other one did! Yes the other thiefs response was quite different! It was more along the lines of Be quiet!! We deserve this death! Then he turns his attention towards the Master and says, Will you remember me when you enter your kingdom? To which Jesus replies, Verily, verily I say unto you - this day you will be with me in paradise. So one man humbled himself that day and died and went to heaven and the other man refused and died and went to hell.

Which man will you be, Hobelim?

-Jeremiah

Good thief, bad thief, what's the difference?

If I had a choice, I'd be the man in the middle.

"Saved from what?"

-Jeremiah

One went to hell, one went to heaven. Big difference.

-Jeremiah

Says who?

A thief is a thief.

One mocked Jesus based on the false rumors surrounding him that he claimed to be God.

You wouldn't?

One had some awareness of the coming judgement.

what kind of thief are you?

If jesus didn't claim to be God, and he didn't, then the 'bad' thief really didn't do anything that would not be forgiven at the judgment..

If Jesus did not claim to be God, and he didn't, then how is your false claim that he did claim to be God not worse than mocking Jesus?

You had better hope the bad thief also made it into heaven.

Last edited:
PredFan, the USMB Nostradamus has been correctly predicting things for years. Even before I came here. I've posted several threads on my predictions.

I will, in the future. also post them here.

Jesus asked Peter who do you say I am? He said, Thou art the Christ.. Jesus replied, Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, Peter.

-Jeremiah

Says who?

A thief is a thief.

One mocked Jesus based on the false rumors surrounding him that he claimed to be God.

You wouldn't?

If jesus didn't claim to be God, and he didn't, then the 'bad' thief really didn't do anything that would not be forgiven at the judgment..

If Jesus did not claim to be God, and he didn't, then how is your false claim that he did claim to be God not worse than mocking Jesus?

You fail to understand the basics of getting into Heaven. Read John 6:40, John 14:6, Roman 10:13 just to name a few passages that gives you the basics.

We know nothing of the final judgment of either men. All we know is that one was in Paradise with Christ later that day. But paradise is not heaven. It was one of the places the spirits of the dead rested between death and resurrection.

The scriptures dont say that the other theif didn't repent at some point. Nor that he went to any sort of hell. It's absolutely silent on the matter. And when it's silent, I am more than happy to let the Lord do whatever He wishes with the man. If He is inclined to grant mercy, i will praise Him. If He sees the need to have justice claim Him, I cannot fault Him.

We need to make sure we read what the scriptures say and not necessarily things we think the scriptures say.

Says who?

A thief is a thief.

You wouldn't?

Jesus was pretty clear that He was I AM. It doesn't make any sense to ignore His clear teaching on the subject.

I cannot seem to repent of much of anything. I smoke like a chimney, I drink to excess(on occasion), I still have lustful thoughts....even though I am married to the greatest and coolest woman in the world, I still cannot wrap my head around the idea that God wants to.punish people of other faiths when they were culturally indoctrinated and familiarly raised on that faith.

That would be like me saying to a hard right Christian that if you don't follow the Koran, you are doomed to hell.

There are a.lot of things.I question as a reasonable, free thinking adult American.....but I do know that Christ died on the cross that allows me my self destructive ways and my inability to understand...and THAT is why I am saved....not because I have consciously "given up" a particular sin... but because I believe.in his power, his forgiveness, his grace.

Jesus was pretty clear that He was I AM. It doesn't make any sense to ignore His clear teaching on the subject.

“You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

By this question the pharisees showed that they thought it was possible for Jesus to 'see' Abraham if he was fifty years old. This also shows that 'seeing' Abraham was just about understanding Abraham since Abraham was long dead.. They simply thought Jesus was too young to know what he was talking about.

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

This is not Jesus claiming to be God. This is a response to the question of how he could 'understand' Abraham at such a young age.

By saying 'Before Abraham was born I am', Jesus was saying that his knowledge of Abraham came from God who has always been in existence and was in him and with him and the source of his teaching as was expected of the Prophet described in Deuteronomy 18:18, "and I will put my words in his mouth and he shall convey all my commands"

Last edited:

“You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

By this question the pharisees showed that they thought it was possible for Jesus to 'see' Abraham if he was fifty years old. This also shows that 'seeing' Abraham was just about understanding Abraham since Abraham was long dead.. They simply thought Jesus was too young to know what he was talking about.

A question usually ends with one of these "?".

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

This is not Jesus claiming to be God. This is a response to the question of how he could 'understand' Abraham at such a young age.

By saying 'Before Abraham was born I am', Jesus was saying that his knowledge of Abraham came from God who has always been in existence and was in him and with him and the source of his teaching as was expected of the Prophet described in Deuteronomy 18:18, "and I will put my words in his mouth and he shall convey all my commands"

Just saying.

We know nothing of the final judgment of either men. All we know is that one was in Paradise with Christ later that day. But paradise is not heaven. It was one of the places the spirits of the dead rested between death and resurrection.

The scriptures dont say that the other theif didn't repent at some point. Nor that he went to any sort of hell. It's absolutely silent on the matter. And when it's silent, I am more than happy to let the Lord do whatever He wishes with the man. If He is inclined to grant mercy, i will praise Him. If He sees the need to have justice claim Him, I cannot fault Him.

We need to make sure we read what the scriptures say and not necessarily things we think the scriptures say.

Sure we do! One man called on the name of the Lord the other man didn't! Read the story!

Those that call on the name of the LORD shall be saved. - Jeri

Isis came and taught us how to make bread from wheat and to make cloth from flax. She taught women how to tame men enough to be able to live with them. (Time for a refresher?)

Forum List

Back