The Prophecies of Nostradamus

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
The Future?

Nostradamus - Fortune Teller or Did he actually know what he was talking about?

Quatrain # 2-89 appears to suggest that the United States and Russia would one day be "friends" again, and their combined power would appear to grow. Since the collapse of the Iron Curtain, and up to the millennial era, this has indeed been the case. However, quatrain #4-95 and #5-78 seem to suggest that this friendship might be short lived (if these quatrains are in fact references to the United States and Russia). If by chance this later becomes true, the reversal of friendship between them could impact many global events to come.

If you are religious and believe in the Bible and God, I would suggest you follow the Bibles admonition against listening to soothsayers and fortune tellers and Psychics.

I do believe in the Bible and God ..... but I aslo like to expand my mind a little. Once in a while. But thanks for the concern.

meh.. it's kinda like the whole psychic schtick.. say enough vague shit until the mark reacts with a tell... it's about as impressive as one billion fortune cookies. eventually, a relevant "you are having a nice day" will get to to someone who is.

meh.. it's kinda like the whole psychic schtick.. say enough vague shit until the mark reacts with a tell... it's about as impressive as one billion fortune cookies. eventually, a relevant "you are having a nice day" will get to to someone who is.

"vague shit"? Wow! This sound exactly like being a politician running for Presdent! You can not get more 'vague or say what you think people want to hear' than they do, right? Now we know why they all get FAT! They have eaten too many fortune cookies! :doubt:

If you are religious and believe in the Bible and God, I would suggest you follow the Bibles admonition against listening to soothsayers and fortune tellers and Psychics.

Like the prophesies saying that the messiah would come from the line of David? Those prophesies?

And, just so you know, I'm not picking at you. It's just I think that people tend to listen to whatever "prophets" or fortunetellers or soothsayers they think suit their religious needs... whether Elijah... or the Book of Revelations... Mohammed or the Dalai Lama or the Oracle at Delphi.

It's a subject that interests me.

Like the prophesies saying that the messiah would come from the line of David? Those prophesies?

And, just so you know, I'm not picking at you. It's just I think that people tend to listen to whatever "prophets" or fortunetellers or soothsayers they think suit their religious needs... whether Elijah... or the Book of Revelations... Mohammed or the Dalai Lama or the Oracle at Delphi.

Divine prophesies are in fact just that, so acceptable. But then you would understand that if you actually practiced a religion.

Jillian ... I agree with you, "it interests me" too. Saying that does not mean that I take what Nostradamus said to be 'fact' - because what he has said could be the same as what daily horoscopes say - their interpretation can fit many, many area's of your life - (whatever you want to read into them).

* An astrologer's input into the Whitehouse !! :confused: !! Oh my!!!! ---> AllPolitics - Good Heavens! - May 19, 1988

For the record ... NO! ...... I do not check my horoscope daily ... I can see that coming, already. :doubt:

I love it when people will give more credit to occultists and aliens than they will give to the word of God.

dont worry baba... I think it's ALL a bunch of horseshit.

Guess you missed Jillian's contribution?

Did you miss the part where she said ..... it's a subject that interests me :confused:

Saying something interests you does not make it something that you actually BELIEVE IN ... I'm not talking for Jillian .... I am speaking for myself. Gzzzzz! Lighten up!! :eusa_eh:

Divine prophesies are in fact just that, so acceptable. But then you would understand that if you actually practiced a religion.

They're only divine because you BELIEVE they're divine.

i find it interesting that you keep saying I practice no religion.

I guess since I disapprove of 50 year old men for bonking 11 year old girls for jesus, I must not believe in anything.

You don't have to be an insane fundie lunatic to "practice a religion".

Jillian ... I agree with you, "it interests me" too. Saying that does not mean that I take what Nostradamus said to be 'fact' - because what he has said could be the same as what daily horoscopes say - their interpretation can fit many, many area's of your life - (whatever you want to read into them).

* An astrologer's input into the Whitehouse !! :confused: !! Oh my!!!! ---> AllPolitics - Good Heavens! - May 19, 1988

For the record ... NO! ...... I do not check my horoscope daily ... I can see that coming, already. :doubt:

My response was more to the subjective assessment as to the validity of prophesy. RGS just gets het up....

I find Bible Code interesting, too. ;)

They're only divine because you BELIEVE they're divine.

i find it interesting that you keep saying I practice no religion.

I guess since I disapprove of 50 year old men for bonking 11 year old girls for jesus, I must not believe in anything.

You don't have to be an insane fundie lunatic to "practice a religion".

Ahh yes that old canard. You would think you would have more intelligence then that, what, you being a lawyer and all. But hey as I recall you were of the opinion the State of Texas COULD just scoop up 450 children, 30 of which were not even children, all on a fake phone call and no evidence of any danger. All in violation of Texas law. Well fortunately some Judges in Texas actually do know Texas law and saw to it that that travesty was righted.

Remind us again how you are for the people and all, while supporting a Government removal of 450 children ( 30 that were really adults) from parents with no evidence of any danger to any of them and only a potential claim against maybe 3 girls. Of a kangaroo Court procedure that violated the children and the families rights and was completely unconstitutional. Of a State Agency gone wrong, violating their own procedures and the laws of the State and trying to prevent mothers from talking to lawyers when it became clear the mothers would not support the State's lies and misinformation.

Ya you scored big on that one. But do pretend otherwise if it helps you sleep better at night.

Forum List

Back