The proof about Keynes at long last

I answered your pop quiz faggot, now answer mine.

How were fannie and freddie the cause of the housing bubble when their share of the mortgage market decreased as the bubble grew?

*crickets*
*crickets*

Last edited:
Look boys I appluade your efforts to educate these guys, but one of two things is happening.

1. Either they're incapable of understanding the points you make; or

2. They don't want to understand the points you make.

Now based on the way they attack the messenger bringing them REAL DATA?

One has to question their motives for continuously missing (or mistating and then complainting about) the point.

I guess what I am saying here is your expectations that the scales will fall from their eyes is naive.

Only intellectually honest people can admit that they were wrong or don't understand.

You're not playing with peiople for whom intellectual honesty is important.

You're mostly discussing issues with partisans who think that insulting people who disagree with the POV is the whole point of coming here.

So, in your view, the Obama economy is doing great?

Great? No. Better than the 800,000 job a month blood letting bush created? Without a doubt.

Conservatives just plug their ears and go "nananana i cant hear you" every time someone states facts that they dont like.

Pop Quiz: If fannie and freddies share of the subprime mortgage market was falling the entire time the bubble was growing, how could they have been the cause of the bubble?

One sentence, just one sentence, describe what F/F each do

I already answered that you fool!!!

Fannie and freddie are government sponsered enterprises that purchase mortages or mortgage backed securities from lenders to free up resource and allow for more lending.

UGH!

Why do we need 2 separate, bankrupt 5,000 person organizations with the exact same mission?

How were fannie and freddie the cause of the housing bubble when their share of the mortgage market decreased as the bubble grew?

*crickets*
*crickets*

They set the underwriting stands for AAA rated paper; they constantly lowered the standards for that paper.

"Wall Street" finances trillions of dollars over every conceivable product type, why is it that the one product line that went bust was the one where the government set the underwriting standards and was the biggest lender?

One sentence, just one sentence, describe what F/F each do

Fannie and freddie are government sponsered enterprises that purchase mortages or mortgage backed securities from lenders to free up resource and allow for more lending.

UGH!

Why do we need 2 separate, bankrupt 5,000 person organizations with the exact same mission?

So in your mind the entire financial crisis and recession is the result of government backed lending being spread out between 2 agencies rather than one? Right. Sounds economically and logically sound to me....lol...

You know, your really supporting our theory that you have nothing of substance to say.

Please, state a fact. Like even one fact.

Even better, how about you answer my question about fannie and freddie moron.

UGH!

So in your mind the entire financial crisis and recession is the result of government backed lending being spread out between 2 agencies rather than one? Right. Sounds economically and logically sound to me....lol...

You know, your really supporting our theory that you have nothing of substance to say.

See above, jackass

*crickets*
*crickets*

They set the underwriting stands for AAA rated paper; they constantly lowered the standards for that paper.

"Wall Street" finances trillions of dollars over every conceivable product type, why is it that the one product line that went bust was the one where the government set the underwriting standards and was the biggest lender?

^^Proof that you do not know what fannie and freddie do.

"They set the underwriting stands for AAA rated paper; they constantly lowered the standards for that paper."

Fannie and freddie have no power to set what constitutes a AAA security. Those are private rating agencies.

You just failed hard. I knew you didnt know what fannie and freddie did.

Besides that doesnt even explain why their share of the subprime mortgage market dropped while the bubble grew....

In terms even you might understand:

How could fannie and freddie have caused the crisis when the private sector was owning more and more of the subprime mortgages as the bubble grew.

UGH!

It's clear that the depth of your "knowledge" on the topic is proportional to the number of Goggle hits.

My contention is that F/F caused the bubble by throwing their AAA rating on crappy paper and Wall Street followed suit. Instead of having the highest underwriting standards F/F proudly held the lowest.

They should be folded together and liquidated, the sooner the better.

The government now underwrites a Progressive Utopian 90% of all loans in the USA, how's that housing recovery looking?

*crickets*
*crickets*

"They set the underwriting stands for AAA rated paper; they constantly lowered the standards for that paper."

Fannie and freddie have no power to set what constitutes a AAA security. Those are private rating agencies.

What?

WHAT???

WHAT???

Google "GSE" then we can talk some more

What?

WHAT???

WHAT???

Fannie and freddie bought, packaged, and resold mortgages and mortgage backed securities.

Fitch, moodys, and S&P attach ratings to those securities. Fannie mae cant just say "this is a AAA asset". When i said "those are private ratings agencies", i think you meant i was referring to fannie and freddie. no, i was referring to moodys and fitch and such.

Again, Your wrong. Fail harder.

Once again for the feeble minded, F/F are GSE's that's government sponsored entities, can you say "government sponsored entities" I knew you could, that means that have the de facto (former) AAA rating of the US government on whatever paper they sell.

Surely, you saw that when you Googled "GSE" right?

So the Government was assigning an AAA rating to NINA loans.

What?

WHAT???

WHAT???

Fannie and freddie bought, packaged, and resold mortgages and mortgage backed securities.

Fitch, moodys, and S&P attach ratings to those securities. Fannie mae cant just say "this is a AAA asset"

Did you Google GSE like I told you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government-sponsored_enterprise

What?

WHAT???

WHAT???

Fitch, moodys, and S&P attach ratings to those securities. Fannie mae cant just say "this is a AAA asset"

Government-sponsored enterprise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Idiot....

"My contention is that F/F caused the bubble by throwing their AAA rating on crappy paper and Wall Street followed suit. Instead of having the highest underwriting standards F/F proudly held the lowest."

Fannie mae does not control the rating of the asset....private ratings agencies do.....

do you get this?

Last edited:
Once again for the feeble minded, F/F are GSE's that's government sponsored entities, can you say "government sponsored entities" I knew you could, that means that have the de facto (former) AAA rating of the US government on whatever paper they sell.

Surely, you saw that when you Googled "GSE" right?

So the Government was assigning an AAA rating to NINA loans.

you realize i used the term government sponsored enterprise before you even told me to google it right? lmao wow.

When i said "those are private ratings agencies", i think you thought i was referring to fannie and freddie. no, i was referring to moodys and fitch and such.

Government-sponsored enterprise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Idiot....

"My contention is that F/F caused the bubble by throwing their AAA rating on crappy paper and Wall Street followed suit. Instead of having the highest underwriting standards F/F proudly held the lowest."

Fannie mae does not control the rating of the asset....private ratings agencies do.....

do you get this.

As wrong as Krugman; wrong in the trillions column.

Now we're going to pretend that F/F we're not GSE's.

Google "Implicit guarantee"

"So the Government was assigning an AAA rating to NINA loans."

The government does not assign AAA ratings. Wow. You honestly have no idea what your talking about. I hope this is a learning experience for you.

When i said "those are private ratings agencies", i think you thought i was referring to fannie and freddie. no, i was referring to moodys and fitch and such.

Instead of wasting the electrons responding, just tell us what you Googled; it will save everyone else time and effort to read through your "thoughts"

idiot....

"my contention is that f/f caused the bubble by throwing their aaa rating on crappy paper and wall street followed suit. Instead of having the highest underwriting standards f/f proudly held the lowest."

fannie mae does not control the rating of the asset....private ratings agencies do.....

Do you get this.

as wrong as krugman; wrong in the trillions column.

Now we're going to pretend that f/f we're not gse's.

Google "implicit guarantee"

of course fannie and freddie are gse you fucking idiot. That was my definition of them!!!!!

Fannie and freddie do not have the power to set the ratings of assets!!!!!! How dont you understand this?

Idiot!

Forum List

Back