The Promise of Transparency

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
If you owned a business and were looking to hire someone to run the money end of things, would you hire the guy who didn't pay his taxes? What the hell is wrong with these people??? All I hear is 'warning, warning -- economic crisis, will cannot delay any longer, must fill position NOW'. Hmm, they just had to give that bailout money 'NOW' too. Look how well that turned out. Geithner, no matter how 'qualified' he may be for the job', is either a thief or an idiot. He made a mistake, said he was sorry, paid the back taxes plus interest and will now run the treasury. In all of the U.S., you mean to tell me that this guy is the ONLY guy who could do the job? What a load of shit they are shoveling.

But I must say, this is helping me see that Obama is actually sticking to his transparency promise. It used to be that crooks and thieves were ushered in with their dirty secrets well kept. What a refreshing change Obama has brought to Washington! He lets us know right upfront that he is bringing on individuals without an ounce of integrity and ethics. Yup, he's making good on his transparency promise alright.

God, I can't rep you again, but I can't agree more about Geithner. This guy is absolutely a horrid pick for this position. Here we are in the middle of a crisis were dirty businessmen have ruined our economy, and they hire a guy who hadn't paid his taxes in three years to head the department meant to fix this problem. Good going Obama, you're my hero.

Transparency in government is one of the best promises you can make. I will be on him for it.

If a person cannot manage their own personal affairs, I sure as hell am not going to rely on them to manage mine. Even my 6th grade son can reason that one out, with no effort. I don't care who or why they think this guy is qualified, that in it's self disqualifies him, hands down.

I must say though could this be a new trend setting deal by Obama! Is he telling the Rich as he calls them, your going to finally be taxed as you should, but, not to worry, no one expects you to pay it. Clever, very clever of him.

If a person cannot manage their own personal affairs, I sure as hell am not going to rely on them to manage mine. Even my 6th grade son can reason that one out, with no effort. I don't care who or why they think this guy is qualified, that in it's self disqualifies him, hands down.

I must say though could this be a new trend setting deal by Obama! Is he telling the Rich as he calls them, your going to finally be taxed as you should, but, not to worry, no one expects you to pay it. Clever, very clever of him.

The man was widely respected for his work as President of the New York Federal Reserve. He has years of experience in the Treasury Department itself, and also spent a couple years at the IMF. Importantly, Obama feels comfortable with him.

He fucked up his taxes. If you choose to extrapolate from this that he is therefore, under any circumstances, either incapable or unqualified, I think you are reaching. I am more swayed by his reputation at the NY Fed than I am by the attention he pays to his personal income taxes.

I think part of the problem might be that you are relying on the opinion of your 6th grade son. ---- Just kidding.

The guy screwed up his taxes, admitted that he did and is paying them.

Seems fairly transparent to me.

What's exactly the hell is the problem? He is letting Bawny Fwank manage home mortgages. :lol: it don't get any more effed up than that. oh, that and Miss Tea Makker Hillawy,, she's in charge of making the world love us. Now there's a pit bull with lipstick. :lol:

It's transparent that he evaded his taxes, until the appointment came up. Does that disqualify him? :doubt:

It's transparent that he evaded his taxes, until the appointment came up. Does that disqualify him? :doubt:

It might.

It really depends on INTENT, doesn't it?

WAs this another example of the tax code being so complex that nobody could understand it?

Or was this an example of somebody knowingly trying to evade his tax burden?

If the former then no big deal.

If the latter then the guy isn't a good candidate for any political office.

Forum List

Back