The promise for Middle-Class Republicans, DECLINING MEDIOCRITY

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
It never ceases to amaze me. Middle class Americans voting Republican, ain't it a gas? Faux tax cuts, faux promises for affordable healthcare, faux promises for job availabilities, faux promises against "nation building", faux promises for even personal growth potential. What a crock!!!!!!!!!

Tim Russert just said it on Larry King Live. In his WWII dad's time he was able to come back home to an economy begging for good factory workers that promised and delivered good paying jobs. In this self-created "service" economy that we have the good paying gigs just aren't there. And as our manufacturing leaves our shores so do the "good paying jobs". We're now delegated to flipping hamburgers or repairing shoddily built apparati. And these jobs are so competitive, locally, they tend to drive wages down, day by day. It's certain that the American middle class will self desruct if this trend continues. Where are we headed?

As our energy industries continue to fail us but profit anyway, as our manufacturing industries continue to leave us and continue to profit, as our service industries continue to grow as a natural aftermath to all that and as our wages continue to drop as a result, I think it's time for us to wake up. America will not make it on it's own with a "service" economy. We will always be dependant on the fickleness of others and to the great advantage of the global profitteers while we watch our own economy and means of livelihood dissapate before our very eyes. It's time for a philosophical change in the attitudes and voting habits of our middle class, don't you think?

Originally posted by Psychoblues
It never ceases to amaze me. Middle class Americans voting Republican, ain't it a gas? Faux tax cuts, faux promises for affordable healthcare, faux promises for job availabilities, faux promises against "nation building", faux promises for even personal growth potential. What a crock!!!!!!!!!

Tim Russert just said it on Larry King Live. In his WWII dad's time he was able to come back home to an economy begging for good factory workers that promised and delivered good paying jobs. In this self-created "service" economy that we have the good paying gigs just aren't there. And as our manufacturing leaves our shores so do the "good paying jobs". We're now delegated to flipping hamburgers or repairing shoddily built apparati. And these jobs are so competitive, locally, they tend to drive wages down, day by day. It's certain that the American middle class will self desruct if this trend continues. Where are we headed?

As our energy industries continue to fail us but profit anyway, as our manufacturing industries continue to leave us and continue to profit, as our service industries continue to grow as a natural aftermath to all that and as our wages continue to drop as a result, I think it's time for us to wake up. America will not make it on it's own with a "service" economy. We will always be dependant on the fickleness of others and to the great advantage of the global profitteers while we watch our own economy and means of livelihood dissapate before our very eyes. It's time for a philosophical change in the attitudes and voting habits of our middle class, don't you think?

Well if manufacturing jobs have been leaving ever since the 60's and 70's and now even IT jobs are being outsourced, how is voting for a Republican or Democrat going to change that? Outsourcing has been ongoing since the early 1800's. People find new positions or start their own businesses and create new ideas. Technology changes and so do the job markets. Are many antennae installers from the 70's and 80's still in that business today? Will Satellite and cable installers be in business 20 years from now if the technology changes?

Trying to pin something that has occurred for 100's of years on either party is ridiculous. The economy has created hundreds of thousands of new jobs. The unemployment rate is down to one of the lowest rates ever. So people are finding work in other areas.

Where will protectionism lead us psycho? To third rate nation status, that's where. Libs want that though, cuz America's an Evil Empire, doncha know.

In my opinion, anyone who thinks that either party represents the "middle-class" is living a dream. Neither party has the well being of the middle class as its primary objective, at least not as I see it.

While it could be argued that the Democratic party was at one time the working people's party, that is no longer true. The DNC and their candidates are now, I think, the part of the extremes... on the one hand they wish to protect their special interest groups who fund their agenda and on the other end try to create social programs to "care" for the lazy and unproductive in our society.

TN

Originally posted by Psychoblues

Great rant Psycho, though not as good as your previous ones.

1. The "faux" tax cuts have netted me quite a bit of money over the past few years.
2. The GOP (or at least the conservative wing therein) wants to make health care affordable by reducing regulations and decreasing costs of things like malpractice insurance through tort reform. We are smart enough to know that price controls and socialized medicine would make things worse, not better.
3. Jobs are continuing to be added monthly, as our economy is recovering from the Clinton/9-11 recession.
4. Your beef about the "service economy" being inferior is off target. In truth, the American economy becomes more efficient as companies decide where to hire people. And oh, by the way, Japanese companies like Honda, Toyota, and Nissan have been "outsourcing" jobs from Japan to the US for decades. Should we throw them out too - or are those American manufacturing jobs not the ones you want?
5. Should the middle class vote for John Kerry? He wants to roll back Bush's tax cuts - meaning the middle class will pay more in taxes, the companies that they work for will pay more in taxes, forcing them to cut back on wages, or jobs, or both.

Forum List

Back