The Project for the New American Century.

Nope, I'm pretty sure he's a different breed of hawk. These guys are more like overgrown chickens.

And by the way, apparently the PNAC doesn't really exist anymore. the wiki page says that the website went down on July 8th, and that's where all their crap was.

Unreal. The basis for our disasterous foreign policy for the last eight years, and they just slink away. What will Bill Kristol do?

Well, it kind of is. There is a reason why and how the world would need policing, and the PNAC makes it very explicit: to "shape a new century in favorable to American principles and interests" and that their requirements are "essential if America is to retain its militarily dominant status for the coming decades". What they basically wanted was a world open to American foreign investment at all cost, regardless of the damage it might cause to the American public or any other country's for that matter. I mean, some of their brilliant proposals were the militarization of space and enormous defense budget increases, obviously at the expense of social spending [and in total violation of international law]. It is nothing but an agenda of domination, drawn up by a bunch of guys who were obsessed with the military, despite that almost none of them had ever even served in the army. Bizzare.

Bizarre?

Given their objectives, which I think you've outlined rather well, and their modus operandi, which I think you're outlined rather well, too, I'd say their obsession with military power is quite sensible.

Having a poweful military IS part of the overall structure which gives them power.

It gives them allies politically and financial at home and abroad, it gives them the raw power to intimidate enemies at home and abroad, too.

I don't know how to engineers or repair a car, but I know damned well that I need one.

Make no mistake about it, the people in charge are not stupid or crazy.

You and I may think what they want is stupid and crazy for the world, but surely you can see that what they want isn't stupid or crazy for THEM.

Their agenda is simply not YOUR agenda, or mine.

They want power and control, and by god having a powerful military is part of that system no less than controlling finance, industry, government, and the media, are.

Oh I know they are real, What I question is the whole Global empire implication. And I think it is this implication that will get it moved.

Haven't looked in a while but even back in 02' a picture of the globe in flat-form was the first image on PNAC's homepage. The publication "Rebuilding America's Defenses..." contains numerous sections ostensibly dedicated to control of foreign areas for America's interests. If one reads that document paying close attention to Iraq it looks like the first unbiased history book. The Bush admin has been implenting the goals in a very systematic process on everything from raising the GDP for Defense spending to installing permanent bases in Iraq.

Without a doubt it is a consiracy, but it is definitely not a theory because the facts are indisputable. It's also not about "Jews trying to take over the world." It's American imperialism.

Bizarre?

Given their objectives, which I think you've outlined rather well, and their modus operandi, which I think you're outlined rather well, too, I'd say their obsession with military power is quite sensible.

Having a poweful military IS part of the overall structure which gives them power.

It gives them allies politically and financial at home and abroad, it gives them the raw power to intimidate enemies at home and abroad, too.

I don't know how to engineers or repair a car, but I know damned well that I need one.

Make no mistake about it, the people in charge are not stupid or crazy.

You and I may think what they want is stupid and crazy for the world, but surely you can see that what they want isn't stupid or crazy for THEM.

Their agenda is simply not YOUR agenda, or mine.

They want power and control, and by god having a powerful military is part of that system no less than controlling finance, industry, government, and the media, are.

Oh, yeah, obviously all of that is true: what they want is very sensible for them to want- short term power gains. I just said that it's kind of bizzare how some people who know so very little about war first hand are so obsessed with it and so willing to use it at the drop of a hat. I guess that isn't very bizarre though. We just haven't really evolved much for the past 3,000 years.

Forum List

Back