The Project for the New American Century.

coolgeee

Jul 21, 2008
NYC Area
The Project for the New American Century, or PNAC, is a Washington-based think tank created in 1997. Above all else, PNAC desires and demands one thing: The establishment of a global American empire to bend the will of all nations. They chafe at the idea that the United States, the last remaining superpower, does not do more by way of economic and military force to bring the rest of the world under the umbrella of a new socio-economic Pax Americana.

why should we even care about this particular think tank, as there are dozens of other ones?

All interested can learn more here:

Not exactly. It's pretty much the staff of the past 3 republican administrations. I've looked through the site before, it's ALMOST like a conspiracy- the scariest part being that it's real. These people were making ardent calls to invade Iraq... back in 1998. Not like that has anything to do with the invasion, that was because Iraq attacked the US- no, it's citizens were- no, wait, they were harboring terrorists, no?

Wikipedia said:
On January 16, 1998, following perceived Iraqi unwillingness to co-operate with UN weapons inspections, members of the PNAC, including Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, and Robert Zoellick drafted an open letter to President Bill Clinton, posted on its website, urging President Clinton to remove Saddam Hussein from power using U.S. diplomatic, political, and military power. The signers argue that Saddam would pose a threat to the United States, its Middle East allies, and oil resources in the region, if he succeeded in maintaining what they asserted was a stockpile of Weapons of Mass Destruction. They also state: "we can no longer depend on our partners in the Gulf War to continue to uphold the sanctions or to punish Saddam when he blocks or evades UN inspections" and "American policy cannot continue to be crippled by a misguided insistence on unanimity in the UN Security Council." They argue that an Iraq war would be justified by Hussein's defiance of UN "containment" policy and his persistent threat to U.S. interests.[7]

Project for the New American Century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who would've thought the 'evidence' would've conviniently popped up 5 years later during the Bush presidency?

Bet let's not get ahead of ourselves, who's in the PNAC, anyway? Probably folks you've never heard about in any case. Let's see if any sound familiar...?

... Donnie Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, Scooter Libby, Paul Wolfowitz, Elliot Abrams, John Bolton, Richard Perle, Robert Zoellick, and many more...

Oh. Nevermind.

No reason not to post the actual link to the PNAC website. It's scary enough as it is. But for some reason it's been taken off the web or something, cuz I can't find it now.

Hmmm...

I'd imagine 'Conspiracy', but it really shouldn't. PNAC is quite real, and those people are/were members. You can probably find their articles all over the place. Goddamn them for closing that website. Maybe they started getting heat for it.

I'd imagine 'Conspiracy', but it really shouldn't. PNAC is quite real, and those people are/were members. You can probably find their articles all over the place. Goddamn them for closing that website. Maybe they started getting heat for it.

Oh I know they are real, What I question is the whole Global empire implication. And I think it is this implication that will get it moved.

Okay, the PNAC exists. Instead of attributing every evil that can be dredged up to it, how about discussing what it ACTUALLY has done, based on documented fact?

The thread won't go anywhere under that premise.

And what's the problem with threads being put in forums more appropriate to their topic than this one. Some of y'all act like it's some kind of afront to have a thread moved from Current Events, Politics or Election 2008. No one subforum is more important than the other. It's like a "have to be on top" mentality.

FYI: PNAC.info

The link leading from the above page entitled:

The Project For The New American Century's Web Site

..leads to a suspected account page. I find this rather surprising to be honest.

However, this site:

PNAC.info - Exposing the Project for the New American Century

appears to still be fuctional.

Yes, PNAC is a "think tank" of the neo-cons.

It is not a secret conspiracy, neither is is an illegal conspiracy.

It is a "think tank" where neo-cons conspire (which literally means breath together, by the way) to make the case that America is thrust into the role of the world's policeman by dint of its power.

Most of the players of the Bushite administration responsible for our invasion and occupation of Iraq are (or were) members of PNAC.

I'll leave it to those who support that role for America to make the case for it.

I think their world view is leading America into the morass of foolish geo-political adverturism, personally.

The most notable academic/ intellectual types who supported PNAC ideology is Wolfowitz, Perle and Fukuyama.

Fukuyama has basically moderated and become disenfranchised with the neo-con movement to some degree. His paper "The End of History" is very much worth reading even though his predictions have been proven wrong.

The End of History? - Francis Fukuyama

Richard Perle has written actively for Netenyahu, far mainstream right in Israel (meaning he's on the fringe of what is considered mainstream). Perle has articulated a new vision for the Middle East that sees an Ottoman Empire type system in place with centers of power in Tel Aviv or Israeli Jerusalem and Ankara with the Hashemite Jordanian kingdom extending its hand as a proxy over most of the Arab Middle East.

The Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies Jerusalem, Washington

Notice the advocating of the end of the "comprehensive peace strategy."

In other words, subjugate.

This is the epicenter of the "might makes right" ideologs that are poisoning America. Keep electing these people and keep seeing Castoesque and Khrushchevian Wars of National Liberation where innocent kids who signed up to protect this country are sent on goose chases across the world to fulfill some sort of sick and twisted neo-Kissingerist world view.

And all the while we pretend China is an ally. Funny how 20 years ago these were the people that were anti-Communist warriors. In actuality they aren't anti-Communist, they are anti- any balance of power where they don't control the calibration of the scale.

The Project for the New American Century, or PNAC, is a Washington-based think tank created in 1997. Above all else, PNAC desires and demands one thing: The establishment of a global American empire to bend the will of all nations. They chafe at the idea that the United States, the last remaining superpower, does not do more by way of economic and military force to bring the rest of the world under the umbrella of a new socio-economic Pax Americana.

why should we even care about this particular think tank, as there are dozens of other ones?

All interested can learn more here:

This is a neo con think tank, not just a Washington based. The people in this think tank are responsible for EVERYTHING that has gone wrong over the last 7.5 years, including stealing the Florida election and 9-11.

The most notable academic/ intellectual types who supported PNAC ideology is Wolfowitz, Perle and Fukuyama.

Richard Perle has written actively for Netenyahu, far mainstream right in Israel (meaning he's on the fringe of what is considered mainstream). Perle has articulated a new vision for the Middle East that sees an Ottoman Empire type system in place with centers of power in Tel Aviv or Israeli Jerusalem and Ankara with the Hashemite Jordanian kingdom extending its hand as a proxy over most of the Arab Middle East.

I suspect that Pearle is Mossad's man in Washington's elitest circles.

FWIW, Here's his bio in Wiki: Richard Perle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's obviously brilliant.

I suspect that Pearle is Mossad's man in Washington's elitest circles.

I looked at your links. I don't see that. But maybe I missed something? What do you base that on? And how do you know he's not our guy gathering intel on Israel?

FWIW, Here's his bio in Wiki: Richard Perle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's obviously brilliant.

He's also wrong.... I mean, as an adivsor, and as someone who raises issues for consideration, yes... but not as someone who sets U.S. policy in toto.

PNAC's vision of American world domination is what has led us into the disaster we are in now.

We need a new vision for America.

the last time I checked the vision was more like, we are forced to be the police of the world, IMO that hardly is the same as domination.

Why are we FORCED to be? Because we have an interest in the US Dollar being the preeminent world reserve currency, right? I mean, why else would we have any obligation to police the world? If not, then why can't China do that? Why can't Russia? Why can't another nuclear nation take the financial burden of policing the world? Why does it have to be us out there spending trillions of dollars making sure the REST of the world continues to spend trillions of dollars? Is it perhaps because our government is so fucking paranoid that they would rather do it themselves? Let's face it, we don't trust ANYONE. You name a country, and we NO DOUBT do not trust them. I don't give a fuck WHO it is. The problem with that, and our desire to police to world, is that eventually we are going to have to pay the price of bankruptcy, international mutiny, or BOTH.

We are NOT untouchable, by any means.

Why are we FORCED to be? Because we have an interest in the US Dollar being the preeminent world reserve currency, right? I mean, why else would we have any obligation to police the world? If not, then why can't China do that? Why can't Russia? Why can't another nuclear nation take the financial burden of policing the world? Why does it have to be us out there spending trillions of dollars making sure the REST of the world continues to spend trillions of dollars? Is it perhaps because our government is so fucking paranoid that they would rather do it themselves? Let's face it, we don't trust ANYONE. You name a country, and we NO DOUBT do not trust them. I don't give a fuck WHO it is. The problem with that, and our desire to police to world, is that eventually we are going to have to pay the price of bankruptcy, international mutiny, or BOTH.

We are NOT untouchable, by any means.

Not sure I would want to see China or Russia policing the world myself, But I do see your point about the Dollar.

Maybe we have to police the world precisely because if we don't, someone else will?

Not sure I would want to see China or Russia policing the world myself, But I do see your point about the Dollar.

Maybe we have to police the world precisely because if we don't, someone else will?

Like I said, we're paranoid.

Maybe that's why the international community has such an unfavorable opinion of us. Because they feel the same way about us policing the world, as we probably would about someone ELSE doing it, such as China or Russia.

Sooner or later, someone's going to rebel against it. 9/11 comes to mind.

Wait, that was just Muslims. They don't count.

Like I said, we're paranoid.

Maybe that's why the international community has such an unfavorable opinion of us. Because they feel the same way about us policing the world, as we probably would about someone ELSE doing it, such as China or Russia.

well let me ask you then. If somebody is going to do it, who would you want it to be?

New Topics

Forum List

Back