The progressive war on Christmas/Christianity

liberalmuslim.jpg

The Importance of Saying 'Merry Christmas'
Taking a stand in the war on Christianity and America.
December 23, 2015
Dennis Prager
merry_christmas.jpg

(when liberals see something like this they go...)

The nearly universal change from wishing fellow Americans "Merry Christmas" to wishing them "Happy Holidays" is a very significant development in American life.

Proponents of "Happy Holidays" argue that it's no big deal at all, and that proponents of "Merry Christmas" are making a mountain out of a molehill, especially when proponents say that the substitution of "Happy Holidays" is part of a "war on Christianity."

But the "Happy Holidays" advocates want it both ways.

They dismiss opponents as hysterical while, at the same time, relentlessly pushing to rid America of "Merry Christmas."

So, then, which is it? Is the substitution of "Happy Holidays" for "Merry Christmas" important or not?

The answer is obvious.

It is very important. That's why the anti "Merry Christmas" crowd has worked so hard to make this greeting a thing of the past.

And they have been extraordinarily successful.

I have been wished "Happy Holidays" by every waiter and waitress in every restaurant I have dined; by every one of the young people who welcome me when I go to the gym; by every flight attendant and pilot on every one of my flights; and by every individual I have dealt with on the phone.

When I respond "Thank you. Merry Christmas," I sometimes sense that I have actually created some tension. While many of those to whom I wish "Merry Christmas" may actually be happy that someone felt free to utter the C-word, all the sensitivity training that they've had to undergo creates cognitive dissonance.

"Christmas" has also been eliminated by many -- probably the majority -- of our elementary schools, high schools and universities. Thus, for example, they no longer have a "Christmas vacation," but a "winter vacation."

The opponents of "Merry Christmas" and other uses of the word "Christmas" know exactly what they are doing. They are disingenuous when they dismiss defenders of "Merry Christmas" as fabricating some "war on Christianity."

The Importance of Saying 'Merry Christmas'

The US was founded as a christian country of european immigrants

Except as a placeholder in time, the Lord is not mentioned once in our Constitution. The country was founded by Christians but not as a religious based government. Although the religionist did influence a great deal, but over time we are gradually reducing that influence.

A Bloody Christmas under ISLAM
The worldwide jihad on Christ’s birthday—the one the MSM forgot to mention.
January 21, 2016
Raymond Ibrahim

gd.jpg

On Christmas Day in the West Bank, two Muslims were arrested for setting a Christmas tree on fire in a Christian majority village near Jenin. On the same day in Bethlehem, Muslim rioters greeted the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem with a hail of stones. Authorities subsequently arrested 16 “Salafi radicals” who were planning to carry out terror attacks against tourists celebrating Christmas.

If this was Christmas in Bethlehem—Christ’s birthplace and scene of the Nativity—Christmas in other parts of the world experienced similar and worse abuse, including mass murder, at the hands of Muslims.

In the United States, a 46-year-old Christian mother of three was among the 14 people killed in the San Bernardino terrorist attack targeting a Christmas party. Ironically, Bennetta Bet-Badal had fled Iran to the U.S. at age 18 to escape the persecution of Christians following the 1979 Islamic revolution. Over the course of the next three decades, she graduated college with a degree in chemistry, married and raised three children. But the Islamic jihad finally caught up with her. She was attending a Christmas luncheon and bringing gifts to her co-workers when the Muslim terrorists burst in and massacred them.

Belgium was like Bethlehem: A video appeared showing a number of teenagers lighting a petrol bomb under a Christmas tree in Brussels. Seconds later an explosion can be heard, and the tree is quickly engulfed in flames. As they run away, the teens shout Islam’s war-cry, “Allahu Akbar.” The original uploader, Mohamed Amine, has since taken down his Facebook page.

In Germany, four Eastern Orthodox Christians were accosted in the early morning hours after Christmas Day in Berlin by a man shouting, “I am a Muslim! What are you?” The man and his friends then pounced on and violently beat the Christians.

The few anecdotes of Muslims terrorizing, beating, and even killing Christians on the occasion of Christmas in the West—where Muslims are minorities—were naturally much amplified in Muslim majority nations.

Stifling Christmas

In Syria, the Islamic State “arrested, if not executed, some youth [five] in the city of Raqqa for befriending and greeting Christians on the occasion of Christmas.” ISIS reportedly told the five youth that “they are being detained after an investigation [including through their personal computers] found that they greeted the Christians and wished them a Happy New Year.” When one of the youth tried to exonerate himself, an ISIS member replied: “Shut up! You accompany the Christians—is that not so?” The five youth were then hauled to an unknown location. No information has since surfaced concerning their fate.

Such antipathy for Christmas was not limited to ISIS. The governments of three countries—Somalia, Tajikistan, and Brunei—formally banned Christmas (from celebrating its Gospel message to putting up trees, dressing like Santa Claus, and/or giving gifts). Transgressors can face as much as five years in prison. The Islamic clerics of Brunei summarized the general rationale: “Using religious symbols like crosses, lighting candles, putting up Christmas trees, singing religious songs, sending Christmas greetings … are against Islamic faith.”

A Bloody Christmas under ISLAM

Forum List

Back