The progressive war on Christmas/Christianity

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Progressive Christmas: attacking God, Jesus & the cross:

11/29/12

The progressive war on Christmas - and Christianity in general - continues to rage on. The latest example comes from a small town in Kansas that found itself smack dab in the middle of a battle with progressives who were oh-so offended that a cross was on public property! Hear the oblivious local news report and get Glenn’s reaction on radio today.

Kansas town flirts with “progress” and loses traditional values

There is a sign in the town of Buhler, Kansas causing controversy in the news this week. The sign in the small town, described as a town rooted in “small town values”, featured a large cross, representative of much of the towns values. The sign is now being changed following a law suit from the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF).

---

seal.jpg

Glenn was referring to the slogan on the sign that on one version reads: “Our second century of progress,” and on another says, “Tradional Values. Progressive Ideas.”

Glenn pointed out that the town is ironically up in arms over a group wanting to remove the cross from the public sign — they don’t understand why.

Well, because it’s a progress organization and they’re pushing their “progressive ideas”.

“You’re eventually going to lose the cross in your seal if your seal has “progressive ideas” in it,” Glenn quipped. “No doubt about it.”

Glenn continued to point out the irony in the situation noting that the communities solution is to move the sign to private property.

“What is the progressive idea? The elimination of private property,” he said. “If you continue with these progressive ideals and ideas, you will lose your private property. Which means you have no place to have your point of view. None.”

The situation with this town’s sign is a great example of what progressivism does to traditional values, Glenn pointed out. The sign mixed the church with progressivism from the get-go.

---
Kansas town flirts with “progress” and loses traditional values – Glenn Beck

Oh well. Too bad the attempts at enforcing holiday PCness are less and less ssuccessful each year. You can't force lockstep conformity. Those days are gone.

It is time to acknowwledge indiviidual freedoms and begin to live in the 21st Century. And hurry up.....you are 12 years late.

Regards from Rosie

The town should tell them to go screw themselves. If they want to talk about the first admendment, they need to start with the first 5 words.

A so-called war on Christianity does not mean a war on Christmas. I celebrate a traditional Christmas, but I think Christianity sucks.

BTW, you NaziCon retards seem to be giving crazy Beck a lot of press lately. Does he need some Christmas money or is he promoting a new book?

Nazis hated Christianity too.

Go figure. Another similarity.

Not surprising, since Nazis were progressives.

A so-called war on Christianity does not mean a war on Christmas. I celebrate a traditional Christmas, but I think Christianity sucks.

BTW, you NaziCon retards seem to be giving crazy Beck a lot of press lately. Does he need some Christmas money or is he promoting a new book?

Stay ignorant, it looks good on you.

This is because tolerance no longer means, "I don't agree with you, but I respect your position."

It now means, "I'm offended by your beliefs. How can you possibly not agree with me? You're a racist."

Last edited:
Not to me it isn't.

Would you like it replaced with a swastika? That's what the nazis proposed...

Forum List

Back