The progressive lie

Apr 17, 2011
That the Federal System was created by a bunch of far-sighted and enlightened bureaucrats and academics. This led to an onslaught of academic rationalizing while mainstream economic positivists called you a kook.

However, nothing could be further from the truth. The federal reserve system was advocated by the nationalistic bankers. Unfortunately, progressives wish to tell another story. They wish to tell you that the creation of the Federal Reserve was in the best interest of the people.

Yet, modern day lw kooks refuse to audit the Fed, all while praising transparency.

Last edited:
  • Banned
:confused:

What story would that be?

The story of progressive liberal statists who advocate policies for the people while enriching their masters at the expense of the people. In fact, this is going on right now. The rich (which are typically the longarm of the government) are getting richer while the rest of America hurts. However, progressive liberal statists tell you a different story.

Last edited:
:confused:

What story would that be?

The story of progressive liberal statists who advocate policies for the people while enriching their masters at the expense of the people. In fact, this is going on right now. The rich (which are typically the longarm of the government) are getting richer while the rest of America hurts. However, progressive liberal statists tell you a different story.
Again, what story is that?

That the Federal System was created by a bunch of far-sighted and enlightened bureaucrats and academics. This led to an onslaught of academic rationalizing while mainstream economic positivists called you a kook.

However, nothing could be further from the truth. The federal reserve system was advocated by the nationalistic bankers. Unfortunately, progressives wish to tell another story. They wish to tell you that the creation of the Federal Reserve was in the best interest of the people.

Yet, modern day lw kooks refuse to audit the Fed, all while praising transparency.

Ok....the whole federal reserve thing seems a little contrived.

Are you in favor of a Congressional bank? Or no "national" bank?

I prefer free banking. It is quite obvious that the nationalistic bankers have screwed us over, yet progressive liberals, like Riva, will hide this fact.
Where am I hiding that bankers screwed us over? The lack of regulation and the mortgage swap defaults are what crashed the economy.

I am failing to see what point you are trying to make about progressives.

The Federal Reserve was created in 1913 but it’s role and power changed radically during the Great Depression. It’s role today is to conduct the nation's monetary policy, supervise and regulate banking institutions, maintain the stability of the financial system and provide financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. government, and foreign official institutions. This is a pretty tall order. Some functions of the Fed are without question in the best interest of the people but there other functions which in my mind or questionable.

I think few would argue that functions such as issuance of legal tender, providing a reserve for commercial banks to handle emergencies, creations and enforcement of banking regulations, setting reserve requirements for banks, and providing depositors insurance are vital to the banking system and the economy.

Control of the money supply is where the Fed is criticized. I believe there is need to control the money supply, however I don’t see the need for the constant fine tuning which causes about as many problems as it solves.

I consider myself a progressive, and consider the role played by Greenspan and Bernake in the mortgage meltdown to be criminal and and a gross misuse of the powers of the Fed. They and several 1,000s of corporate types should be investigated and when found guilty of fraud sent to federal prisons.

As a progressive, I feel the role of the federal gov't and state gov'ts is to protect the interests of the mass of citizens from the criminals who will steal from them either with a gun in the street or a financial contract in an office.

Gov't should serve all the people not just those who can buy politicians and regulators.

I consider myself a progressive, and consider the role played by Greenspan and Bernake in the mortgage meltdown to be criminal and and a gross misuse of the powers of the Fed. They and several 1,000s of corporate types should be investigated and when found guilty of fraud sent to federal prisons.

As a progressive, I feel the role of the federal gov't and state gov'ts is to protect the interests of the mass of citizens from the criminals who will steal from them either with a gun in the street or a financial contract in an office.

Gov't should serve all the people not just those who can buy politicians and regulators.
I am a conservative, it is Barney Frank and Chris Dodd in cahoots with fanny and freddie with backing from clinton that was started by carter that is to blame. Throw them all in prison. Progressives are the problem with this country, they are nothing but want to be commies, commie!

I am a conservative, it is Barney Frank and Chris Dodd in cahoots with fanny and freddie with backing from clinton that was started by carter that is to blame. Throw them all in prison. Progressives are the problem with this country, they are nothing but want to be commies, commie!
You talk more like a conservative. I believe basically the same as you, except I would never lower myself to call myself a progressive.

Read Hank Paulson's On The Brink. I think you'll find Clinton had very little to do with it....Now, your hero Raygun - that is a good starting point as any....

You talk more like a conservative. I believe basically the same as you, except I would never lower myself to call myself a progressive.

It is because of progressives that we got the following: direct election us US senators, womens right to vote, workers safety laws and eventually the 8 hour day. And then there was Tedddy Roosevelt and our national parks systems. And don't forget Jane Addams and her care for the inner city downtrodden. Do you really want to go back to Darwinian caapitalism?

Ok....the whole federal reserve thing seems a little contrived.

In in favor of free banking. Every bank should be able to issue its own currency. No one should be forces to use worthless federal fiat [counterfeit] money.

Where am I hiding that bankers screwed us over? The lack of regulation and the mortgage swap defaults are what crashed the economy.

The idea that banks are under-regulated is too absurd for words. Mortgage default swaps had nothing to do with crashing the economy.

The people who deserve to be investigated are the criminal Democrats in congress and their stooges who belong to subversive organizations like ACORN.

You are calling for more regulation. This is what the bankers and industrial elites do all the time. Then you "humbly and honestly" parade around for more regulation while giving the bankers bonuses.

Its just fucking lies.

It is because of progressives that we got the following: direct election us US senators, womens right to vote, workers safety laws and eventually the 8 hour day. And then there was Tedddy Roosevelt and our national parks systems. And don't forget Jane Addams and her care for the inner city downtrodden. Do you really want to go back to Darwinian caapitalism?

The direct election of Senators is one of the main reasons for the downfall of this country. Henry Ford created the 40 hour week, not progressives. Progressives are also responsible for Eugenics, failing to treat Negroes infected with syphilis, WW I, WW II, the Sedition act of 1918 (censorship), and putting Japanese, Germans and Italians into concentration camps - to name a few of their "accomplishments."

Forum List

Back