The problem with Hillary's appeal

Todd isn’t surprised by Clinton’s tack, “because the reason she thinks she should be president is because ‘It is her turn, dammit.’” Voters have no appetite for that today. There is no “next in line” or “it’s my turn” currency.

LMAO! I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall when she realizes Trump has won....I think she will make triggly puff look tame!

I assume you agree with me that trump doesnt have a prayer in the world because the establishment wants HELLERY in and as you know whoever they want in,they make sure gets elected.because of that,I am not one bit at all optimistic are you?

the ONLY way trump would get in,is if he has decided to play their game and do what they tell him to do and be their willing puppet.

thats the ONLY way you get elected so that would be the ONLY way he got elected so even if he did get elected,no reason to be happy about it cause i guarantee he made a deal with them to serve them and be their puppet if that turned out to be the case,you know it,i know it.

He knows if he isnt their puppet,he will end up like kennedy.

Hillary has likable moments and she speaks the language of the statists/leftists/political class so they can block out all the negatives and approve of her. They don't care about her character and don't see how she is entirely self serving at all times. She doesn't care whether she accomplishes anything. She never has. She just wants to be the queen in the glow of celebrity for awhile.

And then there are the gullible sheep who believe what the statists/leftists/political class preach because that is all they hear in the universities or see in what very little of the news they ever see. Most of those don't have a clue how the government is even structured or who the key players in it are or what the issues are. They respond by pure emotion and herd mentality.

So we'll see come November whether there are enough of those who vote to keep the status quo in Washington. And if there are, we will see pretty much the same old same old and the slow but certain decline of America.

I honestly think Trump, for all his flaws, is the only chance we have to turn that around at this time.

The problem with Hillary’s appeal: It’s all ‘me, me, me’ | New York Post

Yep. Look at her message I'm with HER,Trumps is I'm with YOU! It speaks volumes and obviously its hitting a tone with the electorate.
I don't know...Trump thinks pretty highly of himself. So much, that is a problem.
Oh of course but either he ACTS like he understands the working man or its because he had to WORK for what he got and he has kept a sense of being a working man himself that doesn't make him seem like a snob. I think because Trump is a self made billionaire he doesn't NEED to be president. He wants to be president to help America. Hillary wants to be president because its the pinnacle of power of her trip from governors wife to president...she is a power hungry madman and it actually worries me what she would as president with that power.

Yep. Look at her message I'm with HER,Trumps is I'm with YOU! It speaks volumes and obviously its hitting a tone with the electorate.
I don't know...Trump thinks pretty highly of himself. So much, that is a problem.

I don't have a problem with that so much. That may be his strongest asset in that he wants to be seen as somebody who can do it, and that is a powerful incentive to accomplish what he sets out to do. And I think he wants to be seen as somebody who did it right and did it well, and that is a powerful incentive to do no harm. I am far less afraid of him in that regard than I am Hillary.

Oh of course but either he ACTS like he understands the working man or its because he had to WORK for what he got and he has kept a sense of being a working man himself that doesn't make him seem like a snob. I think because Trump is a self made billionaire he doesn't NEED to be president. He wants to be president to help America. Hillary wants to be president because its the pinnacle of power of her trip from governors wife to president...she is a power hungry madman and it actually worries me what she would as president with that power.
And It's HER turn damnit!

And It's HER turn damnit!

It was her turn in 2008 too. She had put in her time, played the part of the dutiful wife despite all of Bill's shenanigans--she even skewered the 'bimbos' for him--and was subjected to the back seat all those years. The only place she had an opportunity to shine was in putting together Bill's healthcare plan and that was so disastrous not even any Democrats would vote for it. And I think that was the number one reason the Democrats lost the House AND Senate in 1994.

And she couldn't run in 2000 immediately out of the White House and she no doubt cheered when the housing bubble burst in 2008 tarring George W. Bush's economic legacy.

So she was to be the anointed one in 2008--it was just a matter of setting the crown upon her head. John McCain was certainly not going to take it away from her. But she didn't count on a Barack Obama showing up, and he was the more likable of the two. . .so. . ..

Who among the Republicans could beat her in 2016? Rubio, a first term Senator who was more scripted and memorized than she is and couldn't even win his own state? Bush the third? Ted Cruz equally hated by the Republicans and Democrats? John Kasich who had the right stuff but who was so permanent political class that he couldn't gain any traction among Republicans who are angry with their party and its fecklessness. She was pretty confident she could beat them all.

But she hadn't calculated that there would be a Donald Trump. . .

.....and don't forget Trump's fantastic appeal when he adds every statement with "Believe me..." or "Trust me.....I'm the greatest".........Or, I will make America great again by having a white male back in the oval office???
Cry about it to the people she isn't getting excited enough to vote for her or the fact they find her so self centered she wants THEM to join her not the other way around. Trump can say believe me or trust me because he built a HUGE name for himself the hard way. He took a LOAN and busted his ass to turn it into much much more.

He took a LOAN and busted his ass to turn it into much much more.

We should all be that lucky in securing "loans".....

The National Journal estimated Trump started with $40 million in 1974 when he became president of his father’s real estate company. By one estimate, the firm was worth about $200 million. Divided among Donald Trump and his four siblings, each would have received $40 million.

The National Journal estimated Trump started with $40 million in 1974 when he became president of his father’s real estate company. By one estimate, the firm was worth about $200 million. Divided among Donald Trump and his four siblings, each would have received $40 million.
He received a loan of 1 million from his father to start his own business. LOAN as in he had to repay it with interest. Oh and the 40 million would have been after his father died or retired...tends to happen with successful people. My grandfather left a nice nest egg behind as well.

He received a loan of 1 million from his father to start his own business. LOAN as in he had to repay it with interest. Oh and the 40 million would have been after his father died or retired...tends to happen with successful people. My grandfather left a nice nest egg behind as well.

A Complete List of Donald Trump’s Business Disasters

You keep dragging the bottom of the barrel. Thing is WE DON'T CARE! A businessman will have bankruptcies,it takes a good businessman to declare bankruptcy and cut their losses instead of digging a bigger hole and creating more of a mess. You people can't run on your candidates record because her record SUCKS!

Todd isn’t surprised by Clinton’s tack, “because the reason she thinks she should be president is because ‘It is her turn, dammit.’” Voters have no appetite for that today. There is no “next in line” or “it’s my turn” currency.

LMAO! I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall when she realizes Trump has won....I think she will make triggly puff look tame!

Well the fact is that Trump has lost ground in virtually every category, including every battleground state, since his "October surprise" and whether he can regain that ground in the less than four short weeks until the election is anybody's guess. But it is still close in most of those battleground states.

Yes I was as repulsed as everybody else by that tape. Yes, I refuse to chalk it up to youth. Yes it was worse than most locker room talk. Yes he doesn't do anybody any favors when he now appears to be less remorseful than defiant about it. Yes, it makes him less likable to me. But I do believe it was just talk.

But this election isn't about her or about him as far as I am concerned. I look at all those Supreme Court nominations that are likely and I emphatically trust him to nominate Scalia type justices rather than Kagan, Ginsburg, or Sotomayor type justices. I trust him to work with Congress to give us a fair and practical tax code that will energize the economy and promote job creation instead of the micromanaged class warfare tax code that will continue to be a drag on the economy that Hillary wants. I trust him to look for and find real solutions for our crumbling infrastructure, deteriorating inner cities, and eroding manufacturing base instead of continuing the destructive policies that have created them.

And most of all I trust him to enact what reforms he as President will have the power to do to begin cleaning up a corrupt and self serving government and he has a shot at shaming or coercing the Congress to break the establishment status quo and start doing their jobs again.

He can't fix everything tha is wrong in four or even eight years. But I trust him to at least try. I trust her in nothing than what is self serving for Hillary who I believe will double down on the status quo and make things worse.

Forum List

Back