The problem with a strong centralized government is that they lack humility

That is nice and all, but I disagree. Why do you think that a strong and centralized government is the cure to all our solutions?

I don't particularly care what YOU agree with. A historical fact is a historical fact. Thoreau thought that the central government should be stronger than the state governments PERIOD.

Also, my pointing that FACT out to you in noway reflects my own beliefs. I actually believe our federal government is too big by half, at least.

That is fine and all, but I don't believe in a strong and centralized government and Thoreau didn't either, but that does not stop from supporting the facts.

Strong of course is relative. What I consider too strong of a government someone else might think isn't too strong. I don't think we disagree that today's federal government is too fucking powerful.

Are you out of your fucking mind?

No, but you clearly are, or maybe illiterate. Possibly both.

For releasing that our federal needs to relinquish power.

Is this really your argument?

No, I say you're an idiot because you cursed out me and another poster who both agree with you that the current federal government has too much power.

:rofl:

what kind of idiot calls someone who is agreeing with them an idiot? Moron

Unfortunately, they think that they are "being humble" while trying to solve our nation's and the world's problems. However, this is where the 10th Amendment comes in; people are best to solve their own problems.

Now, I am not against some public policy and some public interventionism, but it angers me that these "humble civil servants act humbly" in our best interest, when they clearly don't.

Plus, it takes humility to recognize that a consolidation of power over wars and money is not necessarily a good thing. It can be extremely harmful, but some fucking idiots will not recognize this most pertinent fact.

This is a perfect example of Republicans swallowing the right wing swill and loving the taste.

Republicans don't know anything about fixing the economy or what it takes to help the nation. many of their leaders actually believe "Noah's Ark" is a historical event. If you want "spiritual" beliefs, fine, but have the sense to understand that "magic" doesn't affect the "real" world.

When was the last time anyone heard a Republican leader say the words, "Supply and Demand, investment, infrastructure, or revenue?" They don't know how those words relate to the economy. That's why they want to turn everything over to corporations. It's called a "Hail Mary Pass". Their economic policies have been exposed as failure. They are hoping to get "bailed out" by corporations. Our country wasn't founded to be owned.

This is the time we need a smart and educated government. Not just educated, but "wily" and "cunning".

DEFINITION:
Executed with or exhibiting ingenuity
Skill or adeptness in execution or performance; dexterity

We need a government of hardworking educated people. Not these right wing idiots who don't know the difference between Shiite and Sunni. Or believe Iraq was behind 9/11. Or think "trickle down" works. Or think the world is 6,000 years old.

During this time when we need educated intellectuals who put the good of the country first, we get Palin and McCain and Newt.

Then you get the right wingers who insist Obama isn't smart. How can people who think Bush is honest and Palin is smart judge anyone or anything?

Republicans are about as smart as the women who runs into the bedroom with a gun only to find her husband in bed with another women. She takes the gun and points it to her own head. The husband begs, "No, don't do it". She says, "Begging won't help. Because you're next".

When you think "right wing", you don't think of building something. You don't think of inventing or science or education or technology. You think of blowing something up. You think of racism. You think "redneck".

Last edited by a moderator:
The GOP hates free markets. All they think is more war and less taxes.

Seriously, Ryan's plan to reduced unemployment under 2 percent?

These people are apes.

Unfortunately, they think that they are "being humble" while trying to solve our nation's and the world's problems. However, this is where the 10th Amendment comes in; people are best to solve their own problems.

Now, I am not against some public policy and some public interventionism, but it angers me that these "humble civil servants act humbly" in our best interest, when they clearly don't.

Plus, it takes humility to recognize that a consolidation of power over wars and money is not necessarily a good thing. It can be extremely harmful, but some fucking idiots will not recognize this most pertinent fact.

This is a perfect example of Republicans swallowing the right wing swill and loving the taste.

Republicans don't know anything about fixing the economy or what it takes to help the nation. many of their leaders actually believe "Noah's Ark" is a historical event. If you want "spiritual" beliefs, fine, but have the sense to understand that "magic" doesn't affect the "real" world.

When was the last time anyone heard a Republican leader say the words, "Supply and Demand, investment, infrastructure, or revenue?" They don't know how those words relate to the economy. That's why they want to turn everything over to corporations. It's called a "Hail Mary Pass". Their economic policies have been exposed as failure. They are hoping to get "bailed out" by corporations. Our country wasn't founded to be owned.

This is the time we need a smart and educated government. Not just educated, but "wily" and "cunning".

DEFINITION:

We need a government of hardworking educated people. Not these right wing idiots who don't know the difference between Shiite and Sunni. Or believe Iraq was behind 9/11. Or think "trickle down" works. Or think the world is 6,000 years old.

During this time when we need educated intellectuals who put the good of the country first, we get Palin and McCain and Newt.

Then you get the right wingers who insist Obama isn't smart. How can people who think Bush is honest and Palin is smart judge anyone or anything?

Republicans are about as smart as the women who runs into the bedroom with a gun only to find her husband in bed with another women. She takes the gun and points it to her own head. The husband begs, "No, don't do it". She says, "Begging won't help. Because you're next".

When you think "right wing", you don't think of building something. You don't think of inventing or science or education or technology. You think of blowing something up. You think of racism. You think "redneck".

You truly are stupid, and one definitely the right person to be calling out anyone for just believing something based on which party says it. :cuckoo:

Your Lord Obama might be educated, but educated =/= smart. He hasn't helped the economy one iota yet you criticize every plan that any Republican puts forth.

I've asked you this before, and you completely ignored me, so I'll ask you again. In your own personal financing at the end of the month if you realize that you have spent more than you earned, do you then spend twice as much the next month to try to correct it? Or does common sense tell you that isn't likely to solve anything?

The GOP hates free markets. All they think is more war and less taxes.

Seriously, Ryan's plan to reduced unemployment under 2 percent?

These people are apes.

Which party is the President who has engaged a THIRD country in battle in again?

DEFINITION:

You truly are stupid, and one definitely the right person to be calling out anyone for just believing something based on which party says it. :cuckoo:

Your Lord Obama might be educated, but educated =/= smart. He hasn't helped the economy one iota yet you criticize every plan that any Republican puts forth.

I've asked you this before, and you completely ignored me, so I'll ask you again. In your own personal financing at the end of the month if you realize that you have spent more than you earned, do you then spend twice as much the next month to try to correct it? Or does common sense tell you that isn't likely to solve anything?

Don't ask me that. Ask Bush.

One thing it does prove, you know nothing about "Supply and Demand, investment, infrastructure, or revenue". One way to be able to spend more is through receiving "revenue". Republicans have been duped into thinking "revenue is just another way of saying tax". Name a single Republican idea on how to raise revenue. Better yet, how about giving us a lesson on, ""Supply and Demand, investment, infrastructure, and revenue?" :popcorn:

Make it good. I'm due for a good "laugh".

Last edited by a moderator:

DEFINITION:

One thing it does prove, you know nothing about "Supply and Demand, investment, infrastructure, or revenue". One way to be able to spend more is through receiving "revenue". Republicans have been duped into thinking "revenue is just another way of saying tax". Name a single Republican idea on how to raise revenue. Better yet, how about giving us a lesson on, ""Supply and Demand, investment, infrastructure, and revenue?" :popcorn:

I can definately see why you chose not to answer that question. As for Bush , I never voted for that fool. So don't care that you rightfully point out that he was as bad for our economy as Obama is. See that's the difference between me and you moron. You absolutely without doubt know that Obama hasn't accomplished SHIT in regards to the economy, but hey he has a D after his name so defend him you will.

Another thing I see you screaming about repeatedly is that the rich don't pay their share of taxes. Which is total bullshit, as I posted in another thread (with link) and you just ran from the thread. The top 1% of earners in this nation earn 19% of the income yet pay 37% of the income tax meanwhile 40% of Americans pay NOTHING in income tax, and coincidentally this includes the people who use up most of the resources paid for by those tax dollars yet I have NEVER seen you even suggest that those 40% should have to pay ANYTHING let alone "their share." Wonder why that is Deano.

Also Deano my boy, I see you continually screaming that Republicans have no ideas to fix the economy, but I have never seen you ever actually offer any ideas yourself, all you do is the equivalent of yell "hope and change" on this message board.

I know you see yourself as some intellectual who is telling the rest of us poor lost morons how it is, but the truth is you're an ignorant, smug, partisan hack who offers NOTHING of substance.

Now run from my questions some more little child.

Movement Conservatism has convinced people that we still live in the time of Adam Smith, before corporations became powerful enough to buy elections, staff government, and capture regulators.

We no longer live in the world of Ayn Rand, whose father's pharmacy was stolen by the Russian government.

Today, the pharmaceutical industry owns government.

A handful of of transnational corporations have used their financial leverage to buy not just one government, but governments across multiple continents. The point of globalization was to give capital centralized control over the world's labor and resources - this required a centralized set of laws and regulations, i.e., uniform conditions (so it could link supply chains across very different regions) and open borders (so capital could flow efficiently to the cheapest labor and resources).

Which is to say: capital requires conditions that completely contradict the kinds of localized freedom and "small market" competition the Rightwing voter seeks to achieve.

[One would think the GOP voter would see this contradiction -- and perhaps create a post Adam Smith critique of today's globalized hyper-capitalism -- but the Right has created a very powerful message machine, which constantly recycles the same tired cliches about free markets versus government planning. The Rightwing voter does not understand that Big Business is now doing the central planning, i.e., business has captured and enlarged the centralizing power of government in ways Adam Smith would never have accepted]

(Do people understand the amount of lobbying money that is pumped into Washington? Do they understand what that money is for? Eli Lilly paid to get rid of foreign competition so it could drive drug prices up. Big oil paid to crush energy competition. The problem is no longer government, it's the interests which own it)

AIG is larger than the Edinburgh Adam Smith grew up in. He would puke if he saw the power of transnational corporations over markets and governments.

The rightwing voter has been turned into the greatest useful idiot in history.

(There are people on these boards who haven't even finished "Wealth of Nations", and they've never researched the ways capitalism has evolved since Hayek wrote "The Road To Serfdom". These well-meaning, passionate morons are just repeating talking points that were crafted in Think Tanks)

(wow)

(just wow)

(help)

Last edited:
Movement Conservatism has convinced people that we still live in the time of Adam Smith, before corporations became powerful enough to buy elections, staff government, and capture regulators.

We no longer live in the world of Ayn Rand, whose father's pharmacy was stolen by the Russian government.

Today, the pharmaceutical industry owns government.

A handful of of transnational corporations have used their financial leverage to buy not just one government, but governments across multiple continents. The point of globalization is to give capital centralized control over the world's labor and resources - this requires a unitary (central) set of laws and regulations. The post Adam Smith hyper-capitalism ("late capitalism") has centralized control greater than anything ever imagined.

AIG is larger than the Edinburgh Adam Smith grew up in. He would puke if he saw the power of transnational corporations over markets and governments.

The rightwing voter has been turned into the greatest useful idiot in history.

You people couldn't get any dumber if you tried. Left wing politicians are just as owned by corporations as right wing politicians. You do realize that Obama got more money in campaign donations from Wall Street than any Presidential candidate in history don't you?

Nitwit.

Oh, I know that other nitwit RDean will be along shortly to lie and say what I just said isn't true, so here is some figures to look at.

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

I can definately see why you chose not to answer that question. As for Bush , I never voted for that fool. So don't care that you rightfully point out that he was as bad for our economy as Obama is. See that's the difference between me and you moron. You absolutely without doubt know that Obama hasn't accomplished SHIT in regards to the economy, but hey he has a D after his name so defend him you will.

Another thing I see you screaming about repeatedly is that the rich don't pay their share of taxes. Which is total bullshit, as I posted in another thread (with link) and you just ran from the thread. The top 1% of earners in this nation earn 19% of the income yet pay 37% of the income tax meanwhile 40% of Americans pay NOTHING in income tax, and coincidentally this includes the people who use up most of the resources paid for by those tax dollars yet I have NEVER seen you even suggest that those 40% should have to pay ANYTHING let alone "their share." Wonder why that is Deano.

Also Deano my boy, I see you continually screaming that Republicans have no ideas to fix the economy, but I have never seen you ever actually offer any ideas yourself, all you do is the equivalent of yell "hope and change" on this message board.

I know you see yourself as some intellectual who is telling the rest of us poor lost morons how it is, but the truth is you're an ignorant, smug, partisan hack who offers NOTHING of substance.

I have never run "screaming" from a thread.

You already asked the same questions in another thread and my answer was something like:

Many of those wealthy people who are "EARNING" all that money are doing so through speculation in the stock market. This is the reason food costs are spiraling and the cost of gas is so high. What they are doing is totally legal because they have bought mostly Republican politicians who have worked tirelessly to deregulate Wall Street which was the original cause of the recent economic meltdown. Republicans have made sure that could happen again.

As I have also pointed out in the past, most of those "wealthy people" are not going into the military. They are moving their money offshore yet they continue to live here. How is that a "fair share"? If middle class Americans put the lives of their sons and daughters on the line to protect this country, why shouldn't the wealthy pay a little more to even out the cost. How much money is YOUR son or daughter worth? Just so a millionaire could keep another million?

From 2001 to 2008, Republicans, working with the Chamber of Commerce and China moved 2.4 million jobs to China. Is that also a "good thing"?

2.4 millions jobs moved to China from 2001 to 2008

From the posts you write, I'm suspecting you might be a "pre-teen". You are like a pair of children's scissors, cute, colorful, not too sharp. You repeat Republican talking points without even a tiny bit of reflection or question.

I have never run "screaming" from a thread.

You already asked the same questions in another thread and my answer was something like:

Many of those wealthy people who are "EARNING" all that money are doing so through speculation in the stock market. This is the reason food costs are spiraling and the cost of gas is so high. What they are doing is totally legal because they have bought mostly Republican politicians who have worked tirelessly to deregulate Wall Street which was the original cause of the recent economic meltdown. Republicans have made sure that could happen again.

As I have also pointed out in the past, most of those "wealthy people" are not going into the military. They are moving their money offshore yet they continue to live here. How is that a "fair share"? If middle class Americans put the lives of their sons and daughters on the line to protect this country, why shouldn't the wealthy pay a little more to even out the cost. How much money is YOUR son or daughter worth? Just so a millionaire could keep another million?

From 2001 to 2008, Republicans, working with the Chamber of Commerce and China moved 2.4 million jobs to China. Is that also a "good thing"?

2.4 millions jobs moved to China from 2001 to 2008

From the posts you write, I'm suspecting you might be a "pre-teen". You are like a pair of children's scissors, cute, colorful, not too sharp. You repeat Republican talking points without even a tiny bit of reflection or question.

your answers are non answers you little bitch.

The numbers given show that the top 1% of earners in this country earn 19% of the income and yet pay 37% of the taxes collected. They also show that 40% of Americans pay NOTHING in income tax. Do you dispute those figures?

Oh and your little "they don't join the military" is irrelevant, as is "they hide their money offshore." Regardless of what they may or may not hide, we still have 1% of our population paying 37% of our taxes while 40% pay NOTHING. How could you possibly be upset at one group and not the other?

And of course posting that I just don't seem that sharp is a total puss out on your part because you know that there is no reasonable answer to my questions. You can't deny the numbers are true, and know you'd look like an idiot if you out and out said that you think it's perfectly fair that 1% of the population pays 37% of the income tax while 40% of the population pays ZERO income tax.

Governments are never humble. the real problem with a strong, centralized government is that it exists at all.

Making governments smaller and more local doesn't create more liberty.

It's not the federal government telling you what color you can paint your house or how often you have to mow your lawn or whether or not you can have a rummage sale.

It's your teeny tiny homeowners' association, or your itty bitty zoning board.

Exactly. But, if you think about it, that just shows how bad the federal government is, because each level of government adds more power and takes more control of your life.

Making governments smaller and more local doesn't create more liberty.

It's not the federal government telling you what color you can paint your house or how often you have to mow your lawn or whether or not you can have a rummage sale.

It's your teeny tiny homeowners' association, or your itty bitty zoning board.

I disagree with your premise that a strong and centralized government makes people more free.

Could you elaborate on your premise?

He did not say that, even if you both think he did, he just pointed out that local governments are bad.

Forum List

Back