The problem I have with organized religion is...

I’m not finding anything that supports the claim that Republicans killed nearly a million blacks to keep them from moving north.

Republicans don't have anything to brag about, either; they killed off nearly a million blacks in 'contraband Camps' to keep them from going north, and most 'abolitionists' were supporting shipping them all back to Africa, as was Lincoln. The KKK's popularity in the north and California was because of that as well. No blacks in the new territories, period. there were the northern 'War Democrats' who supported the illegal war on the south, though.
Actually they do have quite a lot to brag about.

Can you please provide a link that supports your claim?

that's you bing throughout history - the uninterrupted history for the bible belt's nuance 4th century revisionists. yours, what are you complaining about why do you run from it blaming others for your crimes.

sicko is just sick - also.

Republicans don't have anything to brag about, either; they killed off nearly a million blacks in 'contraband Camps' to keep them from going north, and most 'abolitionists' were supporting shipping them all back to Africa, as was Lincoln. The KKK's popularity in the north and California was because of that as well. No blacks in the new territories, period. there were the northern 'War Democrats' who supported the illegal war on the south, though.

that's you bing throughout history - the uninterrupted history for the bible belt's nuance 4th century revisionists. yours, what are you complaining about why do you run from it blaming others for your crimes.

No revisions. There are no beliefs or practices that were not first believed and practiced by early Christians.

You can't refute this. So you keep repeating the same bullshit.

No revisions. There are no beliefs or practices that were not first believed and practiced by early Christians.

You can't refute this ...

christianity did not exist till the 4th century, the crucifiers became the congregation -

Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.

the christian bible is nothing but a revisionist version for the events of the 1st century, the appeal you have chosen, false messiah rather than the truth. you simply are a liar.

why do you run from it blaming others for your crimes.

man up, snake - kkk is the essence of the bible belt they too follow the false religion ascribing evil.

You can't refute this ...

christianity did not exist till the 4th century, the crucifiers became the congregation -

Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.

the christian bible is nothing but a revisionist version for the events of the 1st century, the appeal you have chosen, false messiah rather than the truth. you simply are a liar.

why do you run from it blaming others for your crimes.

man up, snake - kkk is the essence of the bible belt they too follow the false religion ascribing evil.
Christianity was not canonized until the 4th century.

Christianity began with the 3 1/2 year ministry of Jesus Christ.

Nothing was dropped or added to the tradition of the early Christians. This is what you cannot refute/

you're a liar - christianity is the church of the roman empire, nothing else.

the 1st century as with all relevant times are periods of renewal for an associated beginning that all beings are bound in common unison - not just you, your baby or family values no matter how many innocent lives are given to those religious beliefs of selfminded zealots - only the enduring Garden is the guide to the Everlasting.

the 1st century as with all relevant times are periods of renewal for an associated beginning that all beings are bound in common unison - not just you, your baby or family values no matter how many innocent lives are given to those religious beliefs of selfminded zealots - only the enduring Garden is the guide to the Everlasting.
Christianity began with the 3 1/2 year ministry of Jesus Christ. The early Christians existed at the time of Jesus' ministry. The religion of Christianity continued to exist until it was canonized in the 4th century.

There are no practices or beliefs that were canonized that were not practiced by the early Christians. Show me one practice or belief that was not practiced by the early Christians.

Christianity began with the 3 1/2 year ministry of Jesus Christ. The early Christians existed at the time of Jesus' ministry. The religion of Christianity continued to exist until it was canonized in the 4th century.

There are no practices or beliefs that were canonized that were not practiced by the early Christians. Show me one practice or belief that was not practiced by the early Christians.
Show me one practice or belief that was not practiced by the early Christians.

I already have, your the one with 24,000 documents not including those from china - let's see one of yours.

* how about your creed - make a do over with that one, good luck.

we live in a modern world where everything is so well documented, and yet still, we cannot agree on what happened last week. It’s hard to fathom we can look back in history over thirty thousand years ago and understand what took place. I’m not disrespecting religion. I think it holds value for society and many individuals across the world, but for me personally I have decided to just believe in a higher power and not conform to any particular religion, because I don’t trust man to tell me about what has transpired in the past.

There came a time when I left the womb of a well-organized religious group and had the chance to look into the various religions of the world.
I soon learned that each had their own "truths" they claimed to make them superior to others. In every case, those "truths" were claimed by men without divine proof.
I also experienced some events where I felt close to a Divine Being without needing the confines of a Man-made edifice. I came to the conclusion that I don't need earthly things to gain an inner harmony.

we live in a modern world where everything is so well documented, and yet still, we cannot agree on what happened last week. It’s hard to fathom we can look back in history over thirty thousand years ago and understand what took place. I’m not disrespecting religion. I think it holds value for society and many individuals across the world, but for me personally I have decided to just believe in a higher power and not conform to any particular religion, because I don’t trust man to tell me about what has transpired in the past.

Fair point to make. I think however that you can test truth.

At some point in life, you have to give someone somewhere some amount of trust. Now you don't do so blindly, but at some level you have to say that you trust this women enough to date her, and believe she will not report to the police that you raped her.
You have to trust her enough to keep dating her, and not believe she is dating other men at the same time.
You have to trust her enough that if you pledge your life to her, that she won't ditch you for the next guy that comes alone, that is nicer, richer, better looking, or treats her better in the moment.

So how do you get that level of trust, with anyone? Well hopefully it's because you have been around them long enough to know if they are full of crap or not. I've known men and women, that after you are around them long enough, you know you can't trust what they say.

If they lie to other people, they can lie to you. And you can test people this way. Is everything else that they say... is it true? Because every person you know is going to say stuff to you that you can't test. However there is a bunch that you can test. And you judge what you can verify, to determine if you trust that which you cannot verify.

So the only thing you can do, is verify the things that you can determine if they are true or not.

Is that fair?

Assuming that you think it is fair.... then I would propose that you test the Bible in the same way. There is without a doubt, a bunch of stuff in the Bible that you can't verify. But there is also a ton of stuff that you can verify.

Does the stuff that you can verify, does it turn out to be true?

I suggest that the answer is yes. Take the prophecies about the Jews for example. Whether you love / hate Jews, or whether you love / hate Israel..... regardless of your position on any of the middle east.... one then you can't deny is that all the prophecies about Israel have come true.

The Jews were dispersed throughout all the world. The Jews did remain a uniquely identifiable race of people. The Jews were persecuted throughout all the world. Even in the US, and after 9/11... despite all the claims of a hate against Muslims in the US, more hate crimes were perpetrated against Jews, than Muslims by a very wide margin.

Again, if you have an opinion on Jews or not, the prophecies in the Bible have continued to come true.

Jews were regathered from all over the world, to the ancient land of Israel. They formed a wealthy and growing country, that has exports all over the world. They have a strong and power military, just as the Bible predicted, that 100 of their enemies would flee from 10 of their soldier. This has come true. Again, doesn't matter if people claim that's only because of the USA or not, the fact is the Bible has come true.

Another example is the visions of Daniel Chapter 2, starting in verse 31. In the vision, a statue represents the nations of the Earth, and they are described. They predicted the Medo Persians, the Greeks, the Romans, and then broken strong and week nations of the modern era. All happened exactly as described.

And lastly, I would point to signs of prophecies slowing coming into reality in our time right now.

Specifically, the One World Religion. Now for decades, the idea seemed ridiculous. The biggest religions in the world are all divided. Christianity is divided. Islam is divided. Schisms everywhere.

But many people in the US at least, missed some pretty significant things that have happened these last few years.

1. Many people in the US and around the world, were baffled by the sudden overwhelming support of Islamic State. While some believed this support was due to showing of power, and might.... there is a different reason. Islamic State attempted to create a Caliphate. The Caliphate, is a unifying figure, because it would be a person designated as the rightful successor to Muhammad.

The fact so many joined with ISIS, shows how much support there was for a unifying figure to bring all the different Islamic sects together.

2. Many people also missed a huge event, that happened in 2016, when Pope Francis meet with Patriarch Krill. For those unfamiliar, Patriarch Krill is the leader of the largest Orthodox church, based in Russia, and I should mention supported by the Russian government. The Orthodox church split with the Catholic church, almost a 1,000 years ago. In 2016, it was the first time the two leaders of the largest Christian sects met.

A unification between the two, would greatly increase the influence of the Catholic Church, into all of Eastern Europe, basically unifying all of Europe religiously.

3. Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb. Who is this guy? He is the Grand Imam of al-Azhar, which is the highest position in all Sunni Islamic tradition.

What did he do? First, he released a religious ruling that anyone who wants to leave Sunni Islam and join Shia Islam, they should be allowed to do so, and be respected by all Sunnis.

Second, again missed by western media... he personally met with Pope Francis in 2016, at the Vatican. First time in history. In February this year, Pope Francis and Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb, signed a document together called "Document on Human Fraternity for World Peace and Living Together".

Now what can we grasp from all this?
The two largest groups in Islam want to come together. All Islamic groups want a unified Islam under a Caliphate. The two largest Christian groups want to come together. And the largest Christian group in the world has a working relationship with the leadership of the largest Islamic group.

Suddenly a one world religion doesn't seem all that unlikely.

In the end, I'm not going to try and convince you of anything. I only responded to your post, with the a few of the reason that I believe. No one can force you to believe something, and I certainly am not going to try.

I can say this. I was lost and blind, and now I believe in Jesus Christ who is my Lord. I believe this because the evidence to me, is clear and conclusive, and because having found my faith, things have happened in my life, that I am absolutely sure G-d was involved.

I do not believe that anyone who looks at the Bible and reads it openly... honestly, without pre-determine views... will be convinced.

But that's for you to determine for yourself, and I wish you the best in this matter.

Forum List

Back