The prison industry is evil!

In fact, i think it was Eisenhower who warned and was very concerned with the growing Nazi influence within the U.S. Government. Our Government went on to adopt many Nazi domestic policies.
You seem to have extreme right and extreme left politics in your country. Australia is super centrist in comparison. The only way Australia is right wing is wih it's immigration policies: if you don't have money you can't immigrate.

Yeah, we do have a heavy Communist/Nazi influence in our Government. Not much in between.

Prison should only be for truly serious crimes. Putting people in prison for using or selling drugs is a crime. Drug users need treatment, not punishment.
How can you force treatment on them without capturing them and then imprisoning them in the first place?

'Force', 'Capture', 'Imprison.'

We're talking about our fellow Citizens. It's not a war.

All Americans should be extremely concerned with the U.S. becoming #1 in the world for imprisoning Citizens. Something's very wrong.

Well if you didn't have people breaking the law you wouldn't need prisons.

Maybe they should get rid of all cops and let people take care of crime on their own.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Maybe they should get rid of all cops and let people take care of crime on their own.

Bit of an over-reaction, no?

Nope. Not when I read what's been posted.

Sounds like to you folks the only good cop is a dead cop.

Let folks fight crime on their own with NO cops.

Works for me.

Nope. Not when I read what's been posted.

Sounds like to you folks the only good cop is a dead cop.

Let folks fight crime on their own with NO cops.

Works for me.

So you're not concerned at all that your Government is now #1 in the world for imprisoning Citizens per capita? Oh well, i guess most German Ctizens weren't concerned when the Nazis created their Gestapo either. More sad history repeating itself.

Well if those "citizens" weren't breaking the law they wouldn't be in prison.

Don't like the laws?? Get them changed. Don't like cops?? Fight crime on your own.

Works for me.

Prison should only be for truly serious crimes. Putting people in prison for using or selling drugs is a crime. Drug users need treatment, not punishment.
Some drug users need treatment. The vast majority do not. What is needed is an intelligently managed and administered public education program.

Well if those "citizens" weren't breaking the law they wouldn't be in prison.

Don't like the laws?? Get them changed. Don't like cops?? Fight crime on your own.

Works for me.
In other words, who gives a damn.

The fact is the vast majority of prison sentences are excessively long, which is not only counterproductive but tremendously costly. And who do you suppose pays the bill?

This Nation's phenomenal prison census is largely the result of Ronald Reagan's escalation of Nixon's poorly conceived War On Drugs. But in spite of the enormously wasteful, Draconian efforts over the past three decades to eliminate the use of a wide variety of recreational substances, some of which are extremely addictive and biologically harmful, these drugs are no less available today than they were when the drug war was initiated. In fact they are more available and they cost less.

It is said that, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is one definition of insanity. While that rather cynical adage does make sense, and while it accurately describes the drug war, the demented process remains perfectly acceptable to the prison industrial complex profiteers, the drug testing industry, thousands of criminal lawyers and an army of civil servants from cops and jail guards to court personnel, prosecutors, judges, parole and probation officers whose occupations depend on the continuing flow of drug law-enforcement activity.

The ongoing cost of this insanity is in the hundreds of billions of dollars and millions of lost, ruined and tormented lives.

Last edited:
Actually, the Nazis were never really defeated. Many survived and became part of the American Government. Many were brought over to the U.S. after the war. In fact, we owe all of our missile technology and Space Program to Nazis. So the Nazis never really went away. They continue to live on in the U.S. Government.

Those are some pretty ignorant claims, even for an uneducated fool like you.
Did you ever hear of Dr. Wernher von Braun?

Don't you think putting people in prison should be a level of punishment reserved for people who harm other people?

Do you really care if some adult individuals enjoy using a substance that affords them pleasure -- such as beverage alcohol? What does it cost you -- even if they completely destroy their lives?

Suppose such an individual were somehow related to you. Don't you think it would be more constructive for you to make an effort to help them rather than have them imprisoned for possession of an illegal substance? Or do you think the latter option should apply only to the loved ones of others?

Do you think the drug laws are in any way constructive or in any way useful?

Some will NEVER be rehabilitated. They don't want it.

Forum List

Back