The primary cause of political divisiveness.. Biased Media

The media are interested in profit.

Period.

The idea that they’re bias to a given political ideology is ignorant nonsense.

Wrong. All parties readily admit that the MSM was for BO and against Hillary & McCain. To deny that fact is utter nonsense. Look how the MSM is going after Ron Paul and Newt and went after Perry & Cain. Just watch how Romney gets dumped on after he gets the nomination.
As they circle the wagons around Obama as in 2008.

Bush Forced to Defend 5 Percent Unemployment:
Under the administration of President George W. Bush, negative economic stories were pushed when unemployment was below 5 percent - less than half the number reached after the stimulus passed. CBS' Dan Rather on Oct. 8, 2004, asked "Tonight, where are the jobs?" yet few stimulus stories have even mentioned Obama's unemployment prediction.

For those of you smarter less brainwashed read actual statistics of documented liberal MSM bias here.. are some examples...

The Public Recognizes the Bias: Nearly nine out of ten Americans believe journalists
sometimes or often let their personal views influence the way they report the news, and
most say this bias helps liberals.

Seven out of ten journalists (71 percent) agreed that
“government should work to ensure that everyone has a job,” and
30 percent said they strongly agreed with that statement.

# Three-fourths (75 percent) agreed that
“government should work to reduce the income gap between the rich and the poor,” and more than a third (34 percent) strongly agreed.

# Relatively few journalists (39 percent) agreed that
“less government regulation of business would be good for the economy,” and just five percent strongly agreed with this sentiment

But of course those of you that STILL don't believe MSM Liberal bias exists..
Please read the attached.. "Media Bias Basics"
http://www.mrc.org/biasbasics/pdf/BiasBasics.pdf

I strongly urge the more intelligent readers comment intelligently and not with personal attacks as maybe a few more of the growing number of people realizing the deleterious and destructive agenda of Democrat/Liberal/Progressive MSM reporters/editors and producers have had on our way of life!

I mean these people want to to destroy the America that was built on hard work, honesty and the golden rule..!

Bush Forced to Defend 5 Percent Unemployment:
Under the administration of President George W. Bush, negative economic stories were pushed when unemployment was below 5 percent - less than half the number reached after the stimulus passed. CBS' Dan Rather on Oct. 8, 2004, asked "Tonight, where are the jobs?" yet few stimulus stories have even mentioned Obama's unemployment prediction.

For those of you smarter less brainwashed read actual statistics of documented liberal MSM bias here.. are some examples...

The Public Recognizes the Bias: Nearly nine out of ten Americans believe journalists
sometimes or often let their personal views influence the way they report the news, and
most say this bias helps liberals.

Seven out of ten journalists (71 percent) agreed that
“government should work to ensure that everyone has a job,” and
30 percent said they strongly agreed with that statement.

# Three-fourths (75 percent) agreed that
“government should work to reduce the income gap between the rich and the poor,” and more than a third (34 percent) strongly agreed.

# Relatively few journalists (39 percent) agreed that
“less government regulation of business would be good for the economy,” and just five percent strongly agreed with this sentiment

But of course those of you that STILL don't believe MSM Liberal bias exists..
Please read the attached.. "Media Bias Basics"
http://www.mrc.org/biasbasics/pdf/BiasBasics.pdf

I strongly urge the more intelligent readers comment intelligently and not with personal attacks as maybe a few more of the growing number of people realizing the deleterious and destructive agenda of Democrat/Liberal/Progressive MSM reporters/editors and producers have had on our way of life!

I mean these people want to to destroy the America that was built on hard work, honesty and the golden rule..!

BIAS???

Media Research Center Inc. (MRC) is a conservative media watchdog group run by president and founder Brent Bozell. In 2006 the MRC had total revenue of $10.8 million and 50 full-time staff members. It is predominately funded by larger right-wing foundations (see below) with other comparatively minor sources of income from rental income and investments. In it's 2006 annual report, the group's founder wrote that MRC "continued to regularly provide intellectual ammunition to conservative activists, arming them with the weapons to fight the leftist press.

Funding

Exxon Mobil
The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, Inc.
The foundation donated $1.65 million to Media Research Center between 2001 and 2010.
Sarah Scaife Foundation
Castle Rock Foundation
John M. Olin Foundation, Inc.
The Carthage Foundation
JM Foundation

Brent Bozell

L. Brent Bozell III is the founder and President of the Media Research Center, which calls itself a conservative media watchdog organization.

Bozell is Executive Director of the Conservative Victory Committee (CVC), "an independent multi-candidate political action committee that has helped elect dozens of conservative candidates over the past ten years.

ABSOLUTELY! And guess what THEY ARE honest enough as is Rush, Hannity, et.al. to ADMIT their bias!

BUT you tell me the supposedly MSM is to be objective right?
THEY can't admit to their bias! They project themselves as above the fray.. professional objective observers!

Well tell me what is "objective" or " professional" about these comments from supposedly "objective" dispassionate" observers???

And this just in... Obama is not Jesus! as this observer thinks:
ast night[2/13/08] during MSNBC's Potomac Primary coverage, Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were discussing Barack Obama's speech. Matthews — who, in the past, has both cried over an Obama speech and compared him to Jesus — described exactly what happens to him when Obama speaks
"I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.
Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

or this calm objective observation???
) Admission by a liberal MSM EDITOR.. Evan Thomas..
" our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." -- Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington, February 2, 2007.
Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters.org

AND this same editor said the following gush about Obama...
I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." –

14c-National-Review9.jpg

Projecting through the Screen
October 3, 2008 12:08 P.M.
By Rich Lowry

A very wise TV executive once told me that the key to TV is projecting through the screen. It’s one of the keys to the success of, say, a Bill O’Reilly, who comes through the screen and grabs you by the throat. Palin too projects through the screen like crazy. I’m sure I’m not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, “Hey, I think she just winked at me.” And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can’t be learned; it’s either something you have or you don’t, and man, she’s got it.

Richard A. Lowry is the editor of National Review, a conservative American news magazine, and a syndicated columnist.

The media are interested in profit.

Period.

The idea that they’re bias to a given political ideology is ignorant nonsense.

Profit and Influence. There is No One without Bias. Recognizing it within Ones Self, is the First Step in the Battle.

14c-National-Review9.jpg

By Rich Lowry

A very wise TV executive once told me that the key to TV is projecting through the screen. It’s one of the keys to the success of, say, a Bill O’Reilly, who comes through the screen and grabs you by the throat. Palin too projects through the screen like crazy. I’m sure I’m not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, “Hey, I think she just winked at me.” And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can’t be learned; it’s either something you have or you don’t, and man, she’s got it.

Richard A. Lowry is the editor of National Review, a conservative American news magazine, and a syndicated columnist.

yeah ok, what does that have to do with media BIAS?
I think if you polled the people who pay attention to the MSM, they would tell you they see it BIASED left.. that is why I'm happy we finally have other sources than just the MSM like we did only 20 years ago.

14c-National-Review9.jpg

By Rich Lowry

I think if you polled the people who pay attention to the MSM, they would tell you they see it BIASED left.. that is why I'm happy we finally have other sources than just the MSM like we did only 20 years ago.

Uh, Rich Lowry is a member of the media. Are you old enough to understand?

14c-National-Review9.jpg

By Rich Lowry

Uh, Rich Lowry is a member of the media. Are you old enough to understand?

ummmmK..i guess.:eusa_whistle:

The problem is that the Republican Party is more concerned with defeating Obama than doing what is right for the country.

The payroll tax cut is a perfect example of this, as is their reaction to the Affordable Healthcare Act.

Mandatory healthcare was the Republican's idea in the 1990's.

Now they are against it because Obama is for it.

Until the Republican Party starts putting America ahead of party, the divisiveness will continue.

And proof of this can also be found in the unprecedented use of the filibuster by the Republicans.

image002.gif

The media wouldn't be what it is the consumer didn't want it to be what it is. The media's content is almost entirely decided by the 'market',

you know, the one that conservatives worship.

For the most part I agree that the media is largely responsible for our political divisiveness. But unlike the OP who thinks it's some kind of left wing conspiracy, I think it is the nonstop unforgiving media and Internet

It used to be a politician could meet with the opposition party and develop compromises that are win-win. I get some of what I want, you get some of what you want...we both walk away happy

Now, after any hint of compromise, the 24 HR news networks get involved. The base is fired up about how you are giving away the ranch and within minutes the politician is swamped with irate phone calls and emails

Compromise is impossible and nothing gets done

Forum List

Back