The Price of Freedom

You can be defiant with your namecalling all you like. You were warned. Namecalling of our soldiers simply to get a reaction will no longer be tolerated.

You, sir, are showing more and more just what an asshole you are.

Originally posted by jimnyc
You can be defiant with your namecalling all you like. You were warned. Namecalling of our soldiers simply to get a reaction will no longer be tolerated.

"Yes, actually, I do tend to pity "*******"."

I was referring to, err, people described by a word that comes after succotash in the dictionary in general, and not just people in uniform.

Originally posted by SLClemens
"Yes, actually, I do tend to pity "*******"."

I was referring to, err, people described by a word that comes after succotash in the dictionary in general, and not just people in uniform.

But it did include our men and women in uniform. You went out of your way yet again to describe them in a disparaging manner. You only look like the idiot you are when you lower yourself to that level. I was helping you save face.

You're welcome.

Originally posted by Joan
You, sir, are showing more and more just what an asshole you are.

Joan,

isn't it funny watching him try to rationalize why he lowered himself to take potshots at the troops? A very sad man with an even sadder display of disrespect.

He's probably a draft dodger from a previous war!! Just like his buddy slick willie.

Originally posted by Joan
He's probably a draft dodger from a previous war!! Just like his buddy slick willie.

I'm not old enough to be a draft dodger, and too old to get drafted now, as only the very young get ordered into battle this way. But if the opportunity ever came up I sure hope I would have the courage to make a stand for liberty and "dodge" the draft but openly defy it.

Oh, btw, I really don't care for slick Willy at all - sorry to disappoint.

It's funny how people when they read a story on a Wife of a Soldier that might have changed their minds about war, comes back with the theory that it probably isn't real, the woman is a journalist, etc.... - How about going to Hugs to Kuwait, the site where hundreds of Wife's of Soldiers, Mother's, Father's, sister's, Brother's, etc... have put together a great site and talk about the war and other things. The Wifes, that are just ordinary woman have said some of the things that this other woman did, on how they didn't suppor the war, and have since then changed their views. Oh and baby killers, hell, you can just read Yahoo news, I can't tell you how many messages have been posted using the words baby killers. Ask some of the people on that board how they feel, or give them your thoughts, I am sure you would be amazed, but don't be surprised when your told what an ass you are, or to please drop dead, I have read all of it.

Originally posted by janeeng
It's funny how people when they read a story on a Wife of a Soldier that might have changed their minds about war, comes back with the theory that it probably isn't real, the woman is a journalist, etc.... - How about going to Hugs to Kuwait, the site where hundreds of Wife's of Soldiers, Mother's, Father's, sister's, Brother's, etc... have put together a great site and talk about the war and other things. The Wifes, that are just ordinary woman have said some of the things that this other woman did, on how they didn't suppor the war, and have since then changed their views. Oh and baby killers, hell, you can just read Yahoo news, I can't tell you how many messages have been posted using the words baby killers. Ask some of the people on that board how they feel, or give them your thoughts, I am sure you would be amazed, but don't be surprised when your told what an ass you are, or to please drop dead, I have read all of it.

I'll check out the "Hugs to Kuwait" website - I tried a link but the site seems to be down at the moment. I've visited Yahoo news messages a few times, but even there have not seen that particular label used - I'll take your word for it though, as I can't be bothered to look up every reference. My comments on this story stem from the fact that the conversation she recites just seems highly unlikely. I have a lot of anti-war friends with whom I converse quite often, and I've never seen a conversation take such a course. She recites generalities, and anti-war people who know each other always talk about more specific things. Some people might use the epithet "baby-killers" when shouting at others, but not in ordinary conversation among themselves. This is why it reads like she's just making up convenient straw-men. It may have happened like she recounts, but I doubt it.

Well Clemens, I am sure if you can get on Hugs to Kuwait, you will see that there are those that do feel the same as she did, and didn't make up a story!!!! No reason either for me to have made up the posts on where I read baby killers, yes, there are just way too many to go through, but I kid you not, it's there. You will usually see it in the thread when a civilian in Iraq has been killed, all the Yahoo LIBS right away bash the soldiers on what a bunch of cowards and baby killers they are. I am sure we all know of some protestors who stand with what they believe and will feel the same with no change, but there are some. Who knows, I told you, we just might make a change in you in time!

:) Yes, we should love our troops. especially if you have a relative there. One problem remains. Our commander in chief is not so bright and he made a blunder entering Iraq. The world is full of troubled places and we canot keep up any time and anywhere. Iraq was not important in the war against terror. Terrorists had breeding grounds in Afghanista, where we did not finish the job. Schools preparing suicide bombers are thriving in Pakistan and Indonesia. Iraq had a bad leader, but it was isolated and not accepted well by radical muslims and it was out of major game. Now we stuck in Iraq, our troops are sitting ducks for terrorists there. Iraqi do not need our vaccinations and schools. This is a money pit for our country. Look at those Iraqis alqays dancing in front of camera showing smoldering US Army vehicles. They are shown each time again and again and they are not Saddams party members. We canot impose more freedom on them then they need.

Forum List

Back