The price of freedom 153,000 deaths in 14 years.

And how many lives will this insurance save? Probably about as many as car insurance or house insurance saves---zero.

Gun owners are personally responsible. If you shoot somebody you're not supposed to, they can sue your home owners insurance. They can sue you personally in the courts if outside of your home.

Insurance (on top of all the other Democrat ideas) is suggested for one reason and one reason only; to put up more hurdles for gun owners. That's it. There is no other reason because we don't have a problem in this country with people not being able to make claims for injury or death that are not settled.

And of course, criminals would not buy the insurance.

But hey......

yeah but, it would make them fweeel better no matter it stomps the rights of millions of innocent people

What they don't realize is that insurance isn't for the other person, insurance is for you.

I don't have health insurance to make sure the doctors get paid, I have health insurance so that I'm not buried in hospital bills should I need medical care. I don't have auto insurance to make sure the other person I hit is compensated, I have auto insurance so I'm not sued into the next century because I'm financially responsible for the damage I did to the vehicle(s) of others and their personal injuries.

If somebody unjustly shoots a member of my family, the last thing I'm worried about is how much money I'm going to get. I guess liberals think differently than I do.

So the insurance would be for the criminal then?

Seriously

Nope, just the opposite. You buy insurance for you. If you live in a state where a criminal can sue you, then you need to protect yourself with insurance.

Thank goodness I live in a state where I don't need that protection.

But the gun that is being insured is mine. If I buy insurance for my gun, and I'm not a criminal, and responsible gun owner, then the excessive cost of that insurance is somehow to guard against my own responsible behavior?

Really?

And of course, criminals would not buy the insurance.

But hey......

yeah but, it would make them fweeel better no matter it stomps the rights of millions of innocent people

What they don't realize is that insurance isn't for the other person, insurance is for you.

I don't have health insurance to make sure the doctors get paid, I have health insurance so that I'm not buried in hospital bills should I need medical care. I don't have auto insurance to make sure the other person I hit is compensated, I have auto insurance so I'm not sued into the next century because I'm financially responsible for the damage I did to the vehicle(s) of others and their personal injuries.

If somebody unjustly shoots a member of my family, the last thing I'm worried about is how much money I'm going to get. I guess liberals think differently than I do.

So the insurance would be for the criminal then?

Seriously

Nope, just the opposite. You buy insurance for you. If you live in a state where a criminal can sue you, then you need to protect yourself with insurance.

Thank goodness I live in a state where I don't need that protection.

But the gun that is being insured is mine. If I buy insurance for my gun, and I'm not a criminal, and responsible gun owner, then the excessive cost of that insurance is somehow to guard against my own responsible behavior?

Really?

Yep, you nailed it. That's why gun insurance is stupid. It wouldn't solve one problem in our country.

94,610,000 Americans are out of work.
Obama not long ago gave illegals the authority to compete with Americans for ANY job. As a result job growth for illegals has reportedly been greater for illegals than citizens.

It's not just the illegals, it's the legals as well. They all suppress our wages.

You wanna cure crime? Cure poverty. That would put a much bigger dent in homicides and other violent crimes, and property crimes, than gun control would.

Cure poverty: GET A JOB!

This would be a twofor since if the current freeloaders were not so high and mighty they would take the jobs that only immigrants, usually the illegal variety, take now.

It's legal and illegal immigrants causing the problem. I see it in my industry constantly. Most of the jobs are not that bad of pay and offer a rewarding future. Americans don't want to do the jobs. They would rather stay home on their Obama phone and pig out on their SNAP's cards. So industry turns to foreigners who will not only do the jobs, but for much less pay. It's a big problem in this country.

When I was an immigrant in 1957 the only jobs we could get were jobs that today are refused by elite freeloaders. There were doctors, engineers, professors and otherwise highly qualified people doing the most menial jobs because back then there was no affirmative action, and an immigrant had no hope (correctly and rightfully) for a job unless and until they spoke correct English. FLUENTLY, albeit an accent was usually overlooked and perhaps even thought of by ladies as "cute".

Today total illiterates, functional illiterates, grade five dropouts and punks with worthless college degrees pop in a human resources office and want to be vice presidents of the company. No shame, no self respect, just a disgusting display of unearned expectations.

Now I expect to be attacked as racist, xenophobe (that's a laugh), homophobe and white supremacist.

Bring it on!

You wanna cure crime? Cure poverty. That would put a much bigger dent in homicides and other violent crimes, and property crimes, than gun control would.

Cure poverty: GET A JOB!

This would be a twofor since if the current freeloaders were not so high and mighty they would take the jobs that only immigrants, usually the illegal variety, take now.

It's legal and illegal immigrants causing the problem. I see it in my industry constantly. Most of the jobs are not that bad of pay and offer a rewarding future. Americans don't want to do the jobs. They would rather stay home on their Obama phone and pig out on their SNAP's cards. So industry turns to foreigners who will not only do the jobs, but for much less pay. It's a big problem in this country.

When I was an immigrant in 1957 the only jobs we could get were jobs that today are refused by elite freeloaders. There were doctors, engineers, professors and otherwise highly qualified people doing the most menial jobs because back then there was no affirmative action, and an immigrant had no hope (correctly and rightfully) for a job unless and until they spoke correct English. FLUENTLY, albeit an accent was usually overlooked and perhaps even thought of by ladies as "cute".

Today total illiterates, functional illiterates, grade five dropouts and punks with worthless college degrees pop in a human resources office and want to be vice presidents of the company. No shame, no self respect, just a disgusting display of unearned expectations.

Now I expect to be attacked as racist, xenophobe (that's a laugh), homophobe and white supremacist.

Bring it on!

LOL. Well back then, people came here to become part of America. Today they come here for a job and send the money back home.

I was born in a very ethnic neighborhood and many people only spoke Polish when they got here. Believe it or not, none of those people ever expected the rest of America to learn their language, or print voting ballots in their language, or have bilingual signs on the doors. Without computers, colleges, or the internet in which to learn, they eventually learned English all on their own with perhaps the help of the church and community.

Sure, within our community, Polish was the language of the area. They spoke Polish in bars, in the stores, in the church and so on. But once outside of our ethnic area, people were expected to speak English and that's what they did.

I actually never came to America. I escaped Hungary after the revolution with dreams to come to America, but due to some law which could have been changed with by a president who - had he have any decency - would have allowed in more than the paltry few thousand out of 400,000 refugees, with an executive order.

So, I came to Canada and in retrospect I have no regret. Canadians are - as some say - just dehydrated Americans. Our life styles, our aspirations, our standards, our quality of life are pretty much the same.

In the early years I was thinking of sneaking in the United States, but decency which is so sadly lacking nowadays, prevented me to do so, and as the years went by I realized that my yearly vacations to Florida or Arizona or Las Vegas or Indiana or my charity work in Homestead FL or Chavais KY Portage-de-Siuox MO or Albany GE or an occasional trip across for shopping or for theater will need to suffice for my desire to be part of America.

From 1996 to 2003 the company I worked for assigned me to work in our company's head office in Akron, OH. I took the weekly commute from Hamilton ON to Akron, crossing about 300 or more times.

I was there in Akron when the Twin Towers fell. I agonized with my American colleagues and did my best financially to ease the hurt of the victims of the Muslim attack. I was a bit hurt when President Bush never mentioned that Canada allowed returning American flights in Canada, never with even a single word thanking those Canadians who gave shelter to returning Americans, in their homes. But that's life.

Like I said, I love America and Americans. We (my wife and I) made friends with people from Indianapolis, in 1993 with whom we still keep in touch and visit each other in our respective countries. I must admit I am hooked on American politics. Nowhere else in the world can an election campaign go on for three years. Nowhere else on Earth in any country could two random political entities such as Iowa and New Hampshire - totally insignificant in every respect - hold sway how the rest of the overly long election campaign should go.No politics anywhere in the world can be so entertaining.

But also, nowhere else in the world have I ever found such welcome wherever I went, and I managed to drive and stay in all 48 contiguous states mostly on your magnificent Interstate highways but also on magical back roads that the average traveler does not even know exist.

I follow the election trail. I am tuned to all news all channel of all political persuasions. I make my own judgment on how to take what I hear.

I wish you folks the best of luck in future elections in order to correct past mistakes.

Last edited:
I actually never came to America. I escaped Hungary after the revolution with dreams to come to America, but due to some law which could have been changed with by a president who - had he have any decency - would have allowed in more than the paltry few thousand out of 400,000 refugees, with an executive order.

So, I came to Canada and in retrospect I have no regret. Canadians are - as some say - just dehydrated Americans. Our life styles, our aspirations, our standards, our quality of life are pretty much the same.

In the early years I was thinking of sneaking in the United States, but decency which is so sadly lacking nowadays, prevented me to do so, and as the years went by I realized that my yearly vacations to Florida or Arizona or Las Vegas or Indiana or my charity work in Homestead FL or Chavais KY Portage-de-Siuox MO or Albany GE or an occasional trip across for shopping or for theater will need to suffice for my desire to be part of America.

From 1996 to 2003 the company I worked for assigned me to work in our company's head office in Akron, OH. I took the weekly commute from Hamilton ON to Akron, crossing about 300 or more times.

I was there in Akron when the Twin Towers fell. I agonized with my American colleagues and did my best financially to ease the hurt of the victims of the Muslim attack. I was a bit hurt when President Bush never mentioned that Canada allowed returning American flights in Canada, never with even a single word thanking those Canadians who gave shelter to returning Americans, in their homes. But that's life.

Like I said, I love America and Americans. We (my wife and I) made friends with people from Indianapolis, in 1993 with whom we still keep in touch and visit each other in our respective countries. I must admit I am hooked on American politics. Nowhere else in the world can an election campaign go on for three years. Nowhere else on Earth in any country could two random political entities such as Iowa and New Hampshire - totally insignificant in every respect - hold sway how the rest of the overly long election campaign should go.No politics anywhere in the world can be so entertaining.

But also, nowhere else in the world have I ever found such welcome wherever I went, and I managed to drive and stay in all 48 contiguous states mostly on your magnificent Interstate highways but also on magical back roads that the average traveler does not even know exist.

I follow the election trail. I am tuned to all news all channel of all political persuasions. I make my own judgment on how to take what I hear.

I wish you folks the best of luck in future elections in order to correct past mistakes.

Well thank you. We'll need all the luck we can get.

Unfortunately, our people vote in politicians based on how they like them personally instead of their policies. It's why Obama is President now.

If you ever went north of Akron while there to Cleveland, the place I was born at is called Slavic Village. It's off an exit called Fleet Avenue off of I-77 just past I-480. Maybe you've been there at some time while with that company. I'm sure that you had to visit Cleveland just out of curiosity at least once.

Akron highways are very confusing. I've been going there the last 40 years and I still get lost sometimes. LOL.

1. You provided no source of your numbers that I see.
2. Your assumption is that all the murders with guns were done by non Muslims with is far from the truth.

Present you data with links then you might have a credible point.

Unfortunately, our people vote in politicians based on how they like them personally instead of their policies. It's why Obama is President now.

If you ever went north of Akron while there to Cleveland, the place I was born at is called Slavic Village. It's off an exit called Fleet Avenue off of I-77 just past I-480. Maybe you've been there at some time while with that company. I'm sure that you had to visit Cleveland just out of curiosity at least once.

Akron highways are very confusing. I've been going there the last 40 years and I still get lost sometimes. LOL.

I spent lots of times in Cleveland or more precisely, in Lorain and Parma where two of my high school buddies ended up after we left the old country in 1956. In fact, I knew Cleveland long before I ever set a foot in Akron. Had many delicious meals in Hungarian restaurants in the E122nd street area. Saw the Flats before it was THE Flats and before the river caught on fire. Coached my 12 year old daughter's soccer team to an early exit in a tournament in 1984 in North Olmsted. Being a classical music fan I never bothered to visit the rock and roll hall of fame. Sorry.

The highways in Akron are no more confusing than highways are anywhere to the uninitiated and inexperienced traveler.

I spent lots of times in Cleveland or more precisely, in Lorain and Parma where two of my high school buddies ended up after we left the old country in 1956. In fact, I knew Cleveland long before I ever set a foot in Akron. Had many delicious meals in Hungarian restaurants in the E122nd street area. Saw the Flats before it was THE Flats and before the river caught on fire. Coached my 12 year old daughter's soccer team to an early exit in a tournament in 1984 in North Olmsted. Being a classical music fan I never bothered to visit the rock and roll hall of fame. Sorry.

The highways in Akron are no more confusing than highways are anywhere to the uninitiated and inexperienced traveler.

Don't feel bad about the R and R hall of fame. I've lived here my entire life and have never been inside of it. I figure there can't be much more in there than old instruments, pictures and clothing. I don't worship entertainers. They people just like me.

The flats was the biggest boost for the city at the time but they let it crumble. People used to come from all over the country to experience a weekend in the flats. The problem was that the bars started to sell cheap beer and that drew in too many kids. Along with the kids came the fights, breaking into cars, kids getting too drunk and couldn't handle the alcohol. Several people have drowned in the lake because they got too drunk and fell into the water. They should have addressed the problem in my opinion and rebuilt it for adults with a $5.00 minimum drink price. They could have used the money for more police officers and improvements.

Don't feel bad about the R and R hall of fame. I've lived here my entire life and have never been inside of it. I figure there can't be much more in there than old instruments, pictures and clothing. I don't worship entertainers. They people just like me.

The flats was the biggest boost for the city at the time but they let it crumble. People used to come from all over the country to experience a weekend in the flats. The problem was that the bars started to sell cheap beer and that drew in too many kids. Along with the kids came the fights, breaking into cars, kids getting too drunk and couldn't handle the alcohol. Several people have drowned in the lake because they got too drunk and fell into the water. They should have addressed the problem in my opinion and rebuilt it for adults with a $5.00 minimum drink price. They could have used the money for more police officers and improvements.

While I don't personally care about the Rock'nRoll Hall of fame, being a fan of classical music, I respect the fact that people disagree with me in my taste of music and just leave it at that.

Oh, how I wish that it could be so with opinions regarding politics.

Sensitive topic. While terrorists have caused up to 4,000 deaths, local guns have caused 153,000 deaths in 14 years.
It's a rather high price for freedom, gun controll laws simply don't seem to work. Maybe it's just the price it has to be paid, just as car accidents are the price for having cars.

It's a rather high price for freedom

Here in Chicago, we lacked that freedom for a time. I don't remember the gun deaths dropping to zero.
Or even dropping.

Probably banning is not correct, but even to drive a car you have to go through a procedure and pass some checks, I think the same could apply for guns at a national level. So :
1) You get a test and pass the controls
2) You pass the test
3) You get a license issued . And just as you need a different license for different purposes your license only covers certan types of weapons ( you can upgrade any time you like ) .
4) You can only purchase your gun if you have the appropiate license type.

You don't issue a driving license to a blind , nor should you issue a license to someone with a clear mental problem.

Your thoughts ?

That this is absolutely wrong.

I don't need a license to buy a car.

I don't need to register a car.

I don't need to put license plates on a car.

I don't need a license to operate a car.

I can drive around my own property all day long and it's as legal as can be. I can drive on others property that allow me to do so.

I can put that car on a truck, or a train or a trailer and have it moved anywhere in the country, legally, with no license, no registration, no plates...totally and completely legal.

I must get a license, registration and plates to operate my vehicle on public roadways. I don't operate my firearm on public roadways.

Last edited:
Oh, how I wish that it could be so with opinions regarding politics.
It could be so if everyone was conservative. When you have liberalism you naturally have civil war as people fight for control over other peoples lives.

Sensitive topic. While terrorists have caused up to 4,000 deaths, local guns have caused 153,000 deaths in 14 years.
It's a rather high price for freedom, gun controll laws simply don't seem to work. Maybe it's just the price it has to be paid, just as car accidents are the price for having cars.

How many of those 153,000 killed themselves?

75%?

Edward Baiamonte, stop yanking and quoting a single sentence out of a longer post or you - correctly - will be accused of taking words/sentences out of context.

If you reply to a post, reply to the entire post

In the same period there were like 400,000 auto related deaths?

Also the cost of freedom

…and nearly seventeen million innocent children slaughtered in the name of “choice”. Whatever it was that was purchased at the price of these most precious lives, I would not describe using the word “freedom”.

In the same period there were like 400,000 auto related deaths?

Also the cost of freedom

…and nearly seventeen million innocent children slaughtered in the name of “choice”. Whatever it was that was purchased at the price of these most precious lives, I would not describe using the word “freedom”.
The fact that I am left leaned doesn't mean I agree with every democrat policy.
I do support abortion before the nervous system is formed ( which happens at day 21)
Hence I have no problem with the day after pill.
I do find the choice ( abortion) after that time as cruel.

EaganT20151008_low.jpg

Forum List

Back