The press should be treated as enemy collaborators

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"So how do you feel about your new position with Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)?” asked Media Bistro of Jonathan Allen. “Certainly excited. I’m happy to go to work for someone who inspires me and who I admire. I’m hopeful I can advance the Democratic Party’s goals and obviously, the congresswoman’s goals,” Jonathan Allen replied.
Jonathan Allen is now the Politico's senior Washington correspondent."

Treat the Press as Enemy Collaborators | RedState

"
That leads me to the latest enemy collaboration. The left wing magazine Mother Jones has undercover video of Mitt Romney talking to donors. He is, on the video circulating now, talking about the 47% of Americans who do not pay income taxes. The press and left are already orgasmic at the find. As an aside, I find it hysterical that the videographer and Mother Jones were apparently connected together by Jimmy Carter IV, who is being described as unemployed — a state of existence common in this Presidency, which has become the second coming of his grandfather.
Mark Halperin of Time, whose colleague Michael Scherer came from Mother Jones to Time, began setting the narrative quickly. “Many of us have seen pols pander to donors in closed events. I’ve heard my share Rs+Ds. Never anything this damaging however,” he tweeted. Really? Not Barack Obama with the “guns and religion” comment about Pennsylvania Democrats?"

"so how do you feel about your new position with rep. Debbie wasserman schultz (d-fl)?” asked media bistro of jonathan allen. “certainly excited. I’m happy to go to work for someone who inspires me and who i admire. I’m hopeful i can advance the democratic party’s goals and obviously, the congresswoman’s goals,” jonathan allen replied.
Jonathan allen is now the politico's senior washington correspondent."

treat the press as enemy collaborators | redstate

"
that leads me to the latest enemy collaboration. The left wing magazine mother jones has undercover video of mitt romney talking to donors. He is, on the video circulating now, talking about the 47% of americans who do not pay income taxes. The press and left are already orgasmic at the find. As an aside, i find it hysterical that the videographer and mother jones were apparently connected together by jimmy carter iv, who is being described as unemployed — a state of existence common in this presidency, which has become the second coming of his grandfather.
Mark halperin of time, whose colleague michael scherer came from mother jones to time, began setting the narrative quickly. “many of us have seen pols pander to donors in closed events. I’ve heard my share rs+ds. Never anything this damaging however,” he tweeted. Really? Not barack obama with the “guns and religion” comment about pennsylvania democrats?"

the republican's war on the free-press!

There is no "free press". The press is an agency of the government. The founders of this country cry.

Hmmm, that foaming at the mouth could be rabies ya know. Better have that checked.

If there's foaming, you can be sure there's a leftist hidden inside it.

There is no "free press". The press is an agency of the government. The founders of this country cry.

And the attack on the 1st ammendment by Republicans continues...

No, the attack on the 1st amendment is by our state department and WH admin who claim that freedom of speech as practiced by our people should be curtailed in order to prevent violent Islamic attack.

Recognizing that the msm are the propagandists for fascist leftists is just recognizing the truth.

And refusing to give them material isn't a violation of the first amendment.

But I don't expect a fascist puke to know that.

Likewise recognizing them as non-objective is not limiting the first amendment either.

Last edited:

No they don't. You could not be more wrong.

Our press today is quite similar to the free press of the late 18th, early 19th century press in America.

All the political journals of the United States are, indeed, arrayed on the side of the administration or against it; but they attack and defend it in a thousand different ways. They cannot form those great currents of opinion which sweep away the strongest dikes. This division of the influence of the press produces other consequences scarcely less remarkable. The facility with which newspapers can be established produces a multitude of them; but as the competition prevents any considerable profit, persons of much capacity are rarely led to engage in these undertakings. Such is the number of the public prints that even if they were a source of wealth, writers of ability could not be found to direct them all. The journalists of the United States are generally in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind.

Tocqueville: Book 1 Chapter 11

We don't.

We wish we had a free press, instead of a leftist propaganda machine.

Implied in the bizarre "collaborator" whine would be that, since violence is justified against the terrorist collaborators they're being compared to, violence is also justified against any media that doesn't toe the conservative line.

If that wasn't the intent, then why deliberately use the very loaded term "collaborator"?

No they don't. You could not be more wrong.

Our press today is quite similar to the free press of the late 18th, early 19th century press in America.

All the political journals of the United States are, indeed, arrayed on the side of the administration or against it; but they attack and defend it in a thousand different ways. They cannot form those great currents of opinion which sweep away the strongest dikes. This division of the influence of the press produces other consequences scarcely less remarkable. The facility with which newspapers can be established produces a multitude of them; but as the competition prevents any considerable profit, persons of much capacity are rarely led to engage in these undertakings. Such is the number of the public prints that even if they were a source of wealth, writers of ability could not be found to direct them all. The journalists of the United States are generally in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind.

Tocqueville: Book 1 Chapter 11

I wish I could rep you again. Thanks for the info :)

And the attack on the 1st ammendment by Republicans continues...

That's not an attack on the 1st amendment. The media is free to say what they want, but the government dictates it. That's not a "free press".

The similarities between Hitler's Nazi Germany and the American right-wing:

They both hate the free-press.

Forum List

Back