The President's Speech, how many watched it?

Did you watch Obama's Speech?

• yes

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Oh, was there a speech?

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I would never listen to that Marxist Pig...his eyes are evil!

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
We need a congressional investigation just like the one we had in 91!.

I still think it fair to ask the President, particularly in the context of telling kids to work hard - why he supported kicking poor students out of the private school Obama's own kids have the privilege of attending...

I feel all filthy and indoctrinated.

I'm going to go read the Constitution and the Bible to purge myself.

• Banned
Obama Speech: Pre-Outcry

The President: Greetings Little Comrades -- I’m here with students at Wakefield High School in Arlington, Virginia.

While your parents may think of you as average students and an extra mouth to feed and are happy for the 6 hours you're out of their hair while you're in school, I consider you important to my cause of perfecting the American Union and I'm glad you've decided to join me in this Sacred Covenant.

We want a hard generation that is strong, reliable, loyal, obedient and decent, so that we do not need to be ashamed. You young people stand here on the threshold of their lives. Until now you have been a child. If you misbehaved, you did not have to bear the responsibility. Your father or mother made good the damage, and they forgave you. Now you will increasingly encounter people, mostly Republicans, who will not forgive your bad behavior as your mother and father did. But now's your chance to get even!

When you're in the car, do you parents ever turn off your favorite song so they can listen to talk radio? If you'd rather hear Black Eyed Peas than Rush Limbaugh all you have to do is send me an email to: [email protected]. It's that simple!

Though I was born in Mombasa Kenya, when I was your age, I was enrolled at a Wahabi Madrassa in Indonesia. I worked hard and once it became obvious that there is nothing I wouldn't do for the Glory of the State, that's when important people in the Islamist movement took notice of me and my career took off!

Yes, if you are a good soldier you too can have a person like Khalid Monsour get you into Harvard and pay for your entire education. If you do as I tell you, you too can have a rich, rewarding life where you can partner with God to make Life and Death decision over people. Yes You Can!

Yes We Can!

Yes We Can!

I'm asking you now to take this sacred blood oath with the person next to you. Find a knife or a razor and cut open your palm. It need not be a deep would, but remember that the classroom is monitored and we will check to see who among you is the most sincere and who is faking and may secretly be a Republican (Sound track of Boooooos! and Hisses).

Once you've got a good blood flow take the bleeding hand of the person next to you and repeat after me:

We are comrades for life,

We respect every citizen who is ready to give his life for our new Perfected Union, and I must strive to become such a soldier in Obama's Army.

Yes We Can!

Yes We Can!

Yes We Can!

Fascinating.

I watched it. Personal Responsibility. You are what you make of yourself. Good presentation.

Personal responsibility. It appears LiarFrank could have learned a thing or two...

him and a few others....

i watched it with my son (who goes back to school tomorrow)...

he said it was a great speech. he said he really likes the president. and THAT is what the loons were scared of.

then he asked me, "isn't the debate team nerdy"?

my response...so? it doesn't matter if it is or isn't.... if it's something you like and are good at, then you should do it. and most of the people you see who are successful were nerds..... so who cares?"

dungeon and dragons is out of the question, however. :lol:

I'm asking you now to take this sacred blood oath with the person next to you. Find a knife or a razor and cut open your palm.

Did Michelle Bachmann write his speech?

Yeah, when I wrote it I thought it was a little much, but I found myself laughing hysterically which was either from my writing or from snorting the Nitrous out of bottles of whipped cream.

If you did, what are your comments on it?

Read it, didn't watch it. Was disappointed, looking for some good, old fashioned social engineering. Dagnabit, nothing to flame over!
(I'm gonna go into a corner and pout for a while).

It was a perfectly fine "go get em" speech without, as far as I could tell, a single politically controversial statement.

I still think it fair to ask the President, particularly in the context of telling kids to work hard - why he supported kicking poor students out of the private school Obama's own kids have the privilege of attending...

This is why:
President Obama's compromise on the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program -- namely, allowing currently enrolled students the opportunity to graduate -- is a fair solution that I support. But an honest examination of the program's overall effectiveness is still necessary.

When the voucher program was created in 2003, it was designed to be a five-year pilot project to give District students federally paid vouchers to attend private schools. The point of a pilot program is to establish a model that can be evaluated before it is replicated on a larger scale.

Studies by the Education Department and others have, at best, mixed findings -- modest gains by some students in a few subjects, but serious problems with the administration of the program, schools with significant health and safety issues, and teachers lacking college degrees or basic teaching credentials. Most problematic, the Education Department's recent report could not show that voucher students are performing better than their public school counterparts.

Some argue that despite these findings, the program should continue and should be replicated nationwide. But we owe it to students and taxpayers to look at the facts. Congressional hearings this summer will provide an opportunity for voucher advocates to make their case. If a fair analysis can show that voucher students are significantly outperforming their peers in public or charter schools, or that voucher schools are first-rate learning centers, it will go a long way toward winning support beyond the president's proposal.
Topic A: Obama's Compromise on D.C.'s School Vouchers Program - washingtonpost.com

Next question?

I watched it. Personal Responsibility. You are what you make of yourself. Good presentation.

Personal responsibility. It appears LiarFrank could have learned a thing or two...

Uh, yeah...here's the thing about Frank.

He attended public skoool in da Bronx prolly before you were born and remember that the Principal de facto OWNED the school and knew EVERY parent of every student, that was just before the time the Federal Gubbamint decided the only way they could continue to get voters to support the Democrat party was to destroy the educational system.

He attended public skoool in da Bronx prolly before you were born and remember that the Principal de facto OWNED the school and knew EVERY parent of every student, that was just before the time the Federal Gubbamint decided the only way they could continue to get voters to support the Democrat party was to destroy the educational system.

If you talk the way you type, I am shocked that you made it THROUGH public schools, at least the type I attended. And based on your limited vocabulary, it appears that IF the Democrats took over the system, it was not a minute too late.

If you talk the way you type, I am shocked that you made it THROUGH public schools, at least the type I attended. And based on your limited vocabulary, it appears that IF the Democrats took over the system, it was not a minute too late.

Yeah, right. Coming from you it reeks of a desperate attempt to prove you've worthy of further engaging my attention.

What fucking nerve to cut my original work and move it to "The Lame Zone"

What utter fucking gall from a no talent scumbag crapping on my original work.

Whoever you are, please go fuck yourself.

Forum List

Back