The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

This thread is becoming a textbook example of leftwing propaganda idiocy, and how effective it is upon its many DUPES.

Last edited:
The most popular was two consecutive quarters of declining GDP. A healthy economy expands over time, so two quarters in a row of contracting output suggests there are serious underlying problems, according to Shiskin.

Going from +3% to +2.5% to +2% isn't contracting output, it's increasing output.

LOL

Poor gramps, making up his own moronic definitions of what comprises a recession. Then crying out loud because no one else uses his definition.
MY definition ? HA HA. Well, I was a teacher of economics in 1974 (same year I graduated from CCNY with degrees in economics and geography.) But that doesn't make it MY definition. :laugh:

THE definition of a recession was coined that same year by economist Julius Shiskin, who came up with a few rules of thumb to define a recession: The most popular was two consecutive quarters of declining GDP. A healthy economy expands over time, so two quarters in a row of contracting output suggests there are serious underlying problems, according to Shiskin. This definition of a recession became a common standard over the years, and has been the generally accepted definition since then. Ho hum.

What Is A Recession?

A recession is a significant decline in economic activity that lasts for months or even years. Experts declare a recession when a nation’s economy experiences negative gross domestic product (GDP), rising levels of unemployment, falling retail sales, and contracting measures of income and manufactur

www.forbes.com

www.forbes.com
What happens in a recession? | John Hancock Investment Mgmt

Recessions are neither common nor rare. Some predictions of them prove inaccurate; at other times, recessions can result in significant damage to the economy and markets.

www.jhinvestments.com

www.jhinvestments.com

Last edited:
MY definition ? HA HA. Well, I was a teacher of economics in 1974 (same year I graduated from CCNY with degrees in economics and geography.) But that doesn't make it MY definition. :laugh:

THE definition of a recession was coined that same year by economist Julius Shiskin, who came up with a few rules of thumb to define a recession: The most popular was two consecutive quarters of declining GDP. A healthy economy expands over time, so two quarters in a row of contracting output suggests there are serious underlying problems, according to Shiskin. This definition of a recession became a common standard over the years, and has been the generally accepted definition since then. Ho hum.

What Is A Recession?

A recession is a significant decline in economic activity that lasts for months or even years. Experts declare a recession when a nation’s economy experiences negative gross domestic product (GDP), rising levels of unemployment, falling retail sales, and contracting measures of income and manufactur

www.forbes.com

www.forbes.com

Recessions are neither common nor rare. Some predictions of them prove inaccurate; at other times, recessions can result in significant damage to the economy and markets.

www.jhinvestments.com

www.jhinvestments.com

Going from +3% to +2.5% to +2% isn't contracting output, it's increasing output.

Your own link calls yiu an idiot. It says "negative" GDP is required..

Experts declare a recession when a nation’s economy experiences negative gross domestic product (GDP)
That means a quarter less than the previous quarter, dumbo. Shown as a minus sign (-). Positive GDP would be when the quarter is more than the previous quarter. Shown as a plus sign (+).

And I would correct your last sentence, by adding > experiences negative gross domestic product (GDP), in 2 consecutive quarters.

That's not evidence Biden caused it. Thanks for tryin'. Be sure to collect your participation trophy on the way out.
I've already posted the evidence that Biden caused it, but in any case, as I said "The calendar is enough for most people"
Some people have to be told twice.

IOW, people ask themselves are you better off now, than you were when Trump was president ? Resounding answer > "Hell NO."

HA HA, Oh, aren't you clever.
1. Obama/Biden/Fauci/NIH send funding to the Wuhan lab giving us the Covid virus. Fauci, at beginning of Q1 2020 (how the hell did he ever get in the Trump admin ?) advises shutdowns.
2. Whole economy collapses for 2 quarters.
3. Pelosi adds to the conspriracy by refusing to allow stimulus checks to be sent out - which would have helped the economy (the idea was to keep the economy DOWN)
5. July 2020 (Q3) - Republicans realize they've been suckered to collapse the economy, thereby talking away Trump's top campaign issue in an election year. They reopen the economy (in red states and cities), and the result was the highest GDP growth % in US history (35.3%) and a massive jump of 65.2% from the previous quarter.
6. So, OK there was recession from Q4 2019 to Q2 2020, however it was a Democrat plotted and imposed recession, not one of which Trump had any part of. And when Trump discovered the ploy, we got the best GDP ever.
7. This is old news, most of the country has long gotten focused on it, but Faun et al Democrats never give up on a scheme, no matter how exposed it may be, or how silly they look. 😐:rolleyes:

That is the exact OPPOSITE of the truth. What leftwing propaganda mill did you dredge that up from ?

Pretty amazing the slop that left media is feeding to their DUPES. Here's your deprogramming >>>

Here's the whole scoop from top to bottom. It shows Trump, by far, outperforming Biden on oil production.
Biden's production is a major reduction from what Trump's production was, and even much more major, when we extrapolate Trump's rising line to January 2023, if he had retained the presidency.

Oil production overall not only increased, during the Trump administration, it soared, and was vastly greater than the production we've gotten with Biden.
Trump production
December 2019 - 402.3 Million Barrels/month
January 2020 - 398.4
And Trump exceeded Biden's top month of 371.2 Million Barrels/month NINE TIMES, despite the Obama low production influences and later, the pandemic months reductions. And note also that Biden's top production month of 371.2, was recently in August of 2022, when he started increasing production, to try to lower gas prices, as we started getting closer to the 2022 ELECTION.

Biden's 2021 average is 341 Million Barrels/month compared to Trump's 374.
Biden's 2022 average (when he ramped up production as the 2022 election drew closer) wasn't much better > 354.

2017275,117255,081284,146273,041284,727273,321286,657286,759285,499299,726302,564309,486
2018310,032287,870324,467314,996323,491319,216337,814353,154343,298356,767356,583370,284
2019367,924326,845369,292364,458376,763366,546368,965387,073377,710397,094390,010402,314
2020398,420372,419396,693357,412301,105313,275341,184327,875327,623324,180335,867346,223
2021344,846277,891351,102339,142352,036340,693351,757349,600327,526358,626353,702360,666

U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels)

AND, if we extrapolate the EIA graph curve of Trump to now (Dec. 2022) if Trump were still president, it would be whopping 580 Million Barrels/month - HUNDREDS of Barrels/month more than Biden ever allowed produced.

U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels)

1670667430855.png

Look at the graph line where it peaked at 402 Million Barrels/mo in December of 2019. Because of the climb up to that point, there is every reason to believe, that had the pandemic shutdowns not occured, that rising line would have continued rising exactly as it was already doing. And if Trump had remained president, and we thereby extend-extrapolate the line to as far as December 2022, we can easily see that it would be at about 580 Million Barrels/mo

(209 million Barrels/mo more than Biden's measly 371 Million).

Go ahead - put a ruler on the line that starts at 2017 when Trump took over, and look at where it goes to for December 2022 > 580 Million

All one need do to see the stark difference between the oil-friendly Trump and the oil-hostile Biden, is look at the NOSEDIVE oil production took between Trump's last month, and Biden's first month (when he issued an EO to halt oil drilling)
Trump's last month in office was January 2021 - production was 344 MB/mo. Bidens first month was 277.
A DROP of a whopping 67 MB/mo Sure, because that was right after Biden issued EOs cancelling oil leases

www.marketplace.org

Biden signs executive order pausing federal drilling leases

Oil production is now close to an all-time high...

Untitled.png

NOTHING proves you right. This proves you wrong.

united-states-gdp-growth.png

LOL

Wrong, you retard. I accurately pointed out GDP was LOWER in 2020-Q4 than it was in 2019-Q4 AND I posted a link the BEA confirming what I said.

You're such a fucking idiot, you're trying to counter that with GDP GROWTH, which isn't even what I'm talking about. Like I always say, you're senile, gramps. Maybe even more senile than Biden.

Here it is AGAIN. Read & learn...

Real GDP, in billions...

2019-Q4: 19,215.7
2020-Q4: 18,924.3​

Who cares? Presidents don't decide who works or who doesn't.

I'm just curious. Why would you average in the first month or 3 months or 6 months of a president's term implying that he had anything to do with that unemployment rate?
Sure they have impacts on employment. Trump started the shutdown and Biden ramped up the shutdown and kept it going until unemployment was huge. Then, Biden claims he is the one that got it back to the current low numbers. He claims it’s due to Bidenomics. Do you agree? If you do, then you just contradicted yourself. The shutdowns caused the unemployment and the people’s rebellion to it finally ended it and the people themselves went back to work. However, real income with Bidenomic inflation has fallen 7.1%. Even with the recent 4% increase. The months of bad inflation destroyed family incomes even worse. Dumb Democrats and their Kensyian economics. Never works.

What Is A Recession?

www.forbes.com

www.forbes.com

www.jhinvestments.com

www.jhinvestments.com

LOL

You're such a retard.

Moron, your own link says a recession is ... "two consecutive quarters of decline in GDP."

You may be quoting Shiskin, but you clearly don't understand what he said. Two consecutive quarters of declining growth. For growth to be declining in a month, it has to be negative. The definition isn't "slowing growth," which is what you're describing; it's negative growth.

Don't believe me? What this.

In 2014, real GDP growth was:

2014Q2: 5.2%​
2014Q3: 4.7%​
2014Q4: 1.8%​

That's 2 consecutive quarters of slowing growth. What you're idiotically calling 2 months of declining growth and calling it a recession.

If you're right, you should have no problem posting a link to a reputable economic website stating we had a recession in 2014...

This is where your head explodes, gramps.
:blowup:

That means a quarter less than the previous quarter, dumbo. Shown as a minus sign (-). Positive GDP would be when the quarter is more than the previous quarter. Shown as a plus sign (+).

And I would correct your last sentence, by adding > experiences negative gross domestic product (GDP), in 2 consecutive quarters.

LOL

No, imbecile, negative means less than zero; not less than the previous month. I quoted YOUR source -- it said two consecutive months of NEGATIVE growth.

HA HA, Oh, aren't you clever.
1. Obama/Biden/Fauci/NIH send funding to the Wuhan lab giving us the Covid virus. Fauci, at beginning of Q1 2020 (how the hell did he ever get in the Trump admin ?) advises shutdowns.
2. Whole economy collapses for 2 quarters.
3. Pelosi adds to the conspriracy by refusing to allow stimulus checks to be sent out - which would have helped the economy (the idea was to keep the economy DOWN)
5. July 2020 (Q3) - Republicans realize they've been suckered to collapse the economy, thereby talking away Trump's top campaign issue in an election year. They reopen the economy (in red states and cities), and the result was the highest GDP growth % in US history (35.3%) and a massive jump of 65.2% from the previous quarter.
6. So, OK there was recession from Q4 2019 to Q2 2020, however it was a Democrat plotted and imposed recession, not one of which Trump had any part of. And when Trump discovered the ploy, we got the best GDP ever.
7. This is old news, most of the country has long gotten focused on it, but Faun et al Democrats never give up on a scheme, no matter how exposed it may be, or how silly they look. 😐:rolleyes:

LOLOL

The reasons don't matter, ya cretin. You moronically implied there was no recession under Trump. I proved there was. Leaning on excuses why there was doesn't make your idiotic claim any less the bullshit it was when you said it.

LOL

Wrong, you retard. I accurately pointed out GDP was LOWER in 2020-Q4 than it was in 2019-Q4 AND I posted a link the BEA confirming what I said.

You're such a fucking idiot, you're trying to counter that with GDP GROWTH, which isn't even what I'm talking about. Like I always say, you're senile, gramps. Maybe even more senile than Biden.

Here it is AGAIN. Read & learn...

Real GDP, in billions...​
2019-Q4: 19,215.7​
2020-Q4: 18,924.3​
Your wrongly pointed out GDP as lower in 2020 Q4 than in 2019 Q4. I pointed out the 2020 Q4 HIGHER than 2019 Q4........
AND posted the BEA chart to prove it. And we're talking about GDP growth %, not som other category that you might conveniently throw in, in order to DODGE the discussion.

Why I bother even talking to you ? I should put you on ignore as a pest, just like all the many other people here do. Everybody here knows you're a fraud joke.

Hey Faux, ....3.9 is greater than 1.8. Back to the 1st grade for you.

Last edited:
LOL

You're such a retard.

Moron, your own link says a recession is ... "two consecutive quarters of decline in GDP."

You may be quoting Shiskin, but you clearly don't understand what he said. Two consecutive quarters of declining growth. For growth to be declining in a month, it has to be negative. The definition isn't "slowing growth," which is what you're describing; it's negative growth.

Don't believe me? What this.

In 2014, real GDP growth was:

2014Q2: 5.2%​
2014Q3: 4.7%​
2014Q4: 1.8%​

That's 2 consecutive quarters of slowing growth. What you're idiotically calling 2 months of declining growth and calling it a recession.

If you're right, you should have no problem posting a link to a reputable economic website stating we had a recession in 2014...

This is where your head explodes, gramps.
Where YOUR head explodes Faun is where everyone defines recession exactly as I have done here, not your left media concoction.

LOL

No, imbecile, negative means less than zero; not less than the previous month. I quoted YOUR source -- it said two consecutive months of NEGATIVE growth.
It means less than the previous month. Nothing new here. Liberals are always redefining things to how they WANT them to be. Ho hum. yawn****

Forum List

Back